Moon as clarifier for 8 of wands

Rapiere

Hi, everyone, so basically the 8 of wands has been stalking me for a while (a question about what is my friendship with a person likely to develop into, FRIENDSHIP, not a romantic question) and I couldn't make sense of it. I decided to put it aside and ask the Tarot what sort of message the 8 of Wands has for me - and got the Moon. As far as I know, a clarifier is carrying the same message as the initial card only in a different way. Well, those are pretty much different cards, 8 of Wands is about speed and clarity and things moving fast while the Moon is often about lack of clarity, things being clouded, being stuck in a cycle of some sort. The only thing those 2 cards have in common is intensity, I think, intense emotion. Could it be this? Is this going to be a pretty INTENSE relationship?
I'd be glad to get some advice, for this question is very important for me.

Absynthe

I've got a slightly different take. If we are looking for similarities between the cards they are both about messages.

Eight Wands - is news coming thick and fast. I've never really associated this card with clarity though, only speed and communication.
The Moon - can be about mixed messages or needing to discern the fact from fiction. Again it's a messages card.

So we have the common theme of a message and also the common theme of needing clarity in both cases as the eight can dump a lot in your lap that you'll need to sort out.

If we look at the Moon, it's also the card that speaks of our fears being turned up full volume. So it's possible that you'll be given some communication from this friend that will trigger your fears and require you to seek clarity and discern what's real and what's not. In terms of friendship, she may just be one of those people with a knack for pushing all of your buttons in that annoying personal growth kind of way.

samantha

Perhaps that things are *up in the air* (8 of wands) and therefore in flux (moon) - so the element of uncertainty seems to bind these together (there may be others)

(and the moon is also up in the air :D)

Metafizzypop

Hmmm..... Maybe it means that things are moving too quickly (8 of W) for you to be able to see things clearly (Moon).

Rapiere

I've got a slightly different take. If we are looking for similarities between the cards they are both about messages.

Eight Wands - is news coming thick and fast. I've never really associated this card with clarity though, only speed and communication.
The Moon - can be about mixed messages or needing to discern the fact from fiction. Again it's a messages card.

So we have the common theme of a message and also the common theme of needing clarity in both cases as the eight can dump a lot in your lap that you'll need to sort out.

If we look at the Moon, it's also the card that speaks of our fears being turned up full volume. So it's possible that you'll be given some communication from this friend that will trigger your fears and require you to seek clarity and discern what's real and what's not. In terms of friendship, she may just be one of those people with a knack for pushing all of your buttons in that annoying personal growth kind of way.

Thank you , that's an interesting take on it, I never thought of the Moon as a message. However , I do get that idea of 8 of Wands being about dumping a lot in my lap that I will have to deal with. It may certainly happen in this friendship

Rapiere

Perhaps that things are *up in the air* (8 of wands) and therefore in flux (moon) - so the element of uncertainty seems to bind these together (there may be others)

(and the moon is also up in the air :D)

Yes yes this totally resonates with what is going on! Stuff is certainly up in the air, smth is going on but hard to say where it will proceed, if anywhere at all

Rapiere

Hmmm..... Maybe it means that things are moving too quickly (8 of W) for you to be able to see things clearly (Moon).

There's no movement as yet , only the feeling that smth is gonna happen probably. But I don't think I have illusions or lack clarity about the situation, however.

Grizabella

I don't do clarifiers because I feel they just confuse the issue more, which seems to be true here.

Do you use reversals? If you don't, then I'd say the 8 of Wands should be read as reversed, in which case, the answer to your question will come slowly.

Just taking a stab at the Moon's meaning---if you don't read reversals then the two cards together still mean that the answer will be slow in coming and rather murky and hard to sort out.

Yesterday I mentioned in another thread about the concept of the Native American using the term (at least in movies) that something happened "many moons ago" or will happen "two moons from now" or whatever length of time is appropriate. With the cards, if I were looking for a time frame with this card, I'd probably say whatever it is will happens in a month. Or taking it further, maybe 8 months, since you have the 8 of Wands there. That might stretch it a little though. Sometimes my brain thinks I'm awake after a first sip of coffee. lol

Rapiere

I don't do clarifiers because I feel they just confuse the issue more, which seems to be true here.

Do you use reversals? If you don't, then I'd say the 8 of Wands should be read as reversed, in which case, the answer to your question will come slowly.

Just taking a stab at the Moon's meaning---if you don't read reversals then the two cards together still mean that the answer will be slow in coming and rather murky and hard to sort out.

Yesterday I mentioned in another thread about the concept of the Native American using the term (at least in movies) that something happened "many moons ago" or will happen "two moons from now" or whatever length of time is appropriate. With the cards, if I were looking for a time frame with this card, I'd probably say whatever it is will happens in a month. Or taking it further, maybe 8 months, since you have the 8 of Wands there. That might stretch it a little though. Sometimes my brain thinks I'm awake after a first sip of coffee. lol

Thanks for answering, however the reference to time frames confuses me a bit. I wasn't asking to know about a time frame at all, my question was more about "what will this relationship look like, what will it develop into". There is no time frame here , for relationships tend to last long (at least at work). And I don't really see the Moon as murky or a lack of clarity, for me it implies the presence of complicated undercurrents and many things going on under the surface. My relationship with my very best friend in the world is often signified by the Moon, and I tend to think that it indicates our overwhelming connection and knowing each other's deepest and darkest secrets. Nothing evil here. A relationship with an ex was also very Moon-like (and I would get this card very often) - and it was very INTENSE in terms of romance, overwhelming, but definitely not murky or full of illusion or hard to deal with.

And I like using clarifiers once in a while, for it is a wonderful way to get the message: it's a way of getting the exact same message but via different means. So it's kind of fascinating for me to try and figure out what those 2 cards might be trying to say. For the moment I see that intensity in both of them.

Grizabella

It's always best to go with your own impression of what the cards mean, so if you're secure in your own interpretation, that's great. I thought you were just looking for some other viewpoints on the cards you mentioned, so I just pushed on. lol And I threw in the time frame bit, not in answer to your question, but instead just offering my own thoughts about time as related to the Moon.

I know others do use clarifiers and if that works for them, then that's what they should continue to do. I don't but if I respond to someone who has posted using them, I try to contribute whatever comes to my own mind.

The 8 of Wands imply moving swiftly and that's why I said what I did about the events happening in a slower manner when the Moon was added.