Most irrational deck + book combo EVER!

HearthCricket

It seems everyone on this board has a tendency to pounce on every strange ebay offering and I think it would be nice to give the people the benefit of doubt, at least once in a while. There seems to be a lot of people who sell decks that used to belong to someone else and this person may not have any idea how to use tarot or that one book would be so different than the other. They could be just selling something for a friend or relative or a deceased loved one and not have a clue about tarot, themselves. There is a big difference between those who ask ridiculous amounts of money for an OOP deck and those who just seem to be trying to get certain odd items off their hands. Kudos to those who have the smarts to even know how to go about selling on ebay. I have enough trouble finding my way through a maze!

Grizabella

SunChariot said:
The "different from the deck above" was not there yesterday when Debra started the thread.

After my post here yesterday, I felt really sorry for the poor seller. I wrote and told her...and she was happy enough to hear it and thanked me and said she would reword her ad. That part was added in afterwards.

I just feel sorry for her, so I felt I had to write and tell her.

Bar

What a nice thing to do. I'm glad you gave her a heads-up. :)

AJ

I agree SunChariot, that was a really nice thing to do.
Many Many ebay sellers sell for other people. You take what you get and get it gone the best way you know.

Now I will admit I was the Ebay Police this week, a seller had multiple things wrong with their listing... offering a choice for one thing. Absolutely against Ebay rules.

But it was what they were offering that made me click on the report button

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...rom=R40&satitle=280106854314&category0=&fvi=1

Making it sound like a choice of decks, but actually they are just emailing you the scanned images of copyrighted decks.
It's this kind of listing that tars all ebay sellers with the same Cheat/Scam brush. Talking fast so the uninitiated buyer thinks they are getting one thing when all they are really getting is a shabby illegal imitation

Off my soapbox...returning you to your regular channel.

jmd

I too contacted the seller yesterday, and in my view showed herself to be someone who was simply putting together two items that are related (except for us who are really into the area).

She has also said that she has since altered her description to be more clear, and also acknowledged that separating them would make sense.

I can only say for myself that if I happened to come across a couple of items that, as a non-'expert' in the field (example, two items from different Star-Treck series), I would very likely put them together, even though those who are really into it would may it irrational, illogical and plainly deluded!

It must be really difficult to sell items (that we are very thankful that they ARE being made available) to a bunch of real enthusiasts who know far more than the seller!

Debra

HearthCricket said:
It seems everyone on this board has a tendency to pounce on every strange ebay offering and I think it would be nice to give the people the benefit of doubt, at least once in a while.

Oh my!

Not everyone! Just me. And not pouncing--just bemused.

raventepes

Glass Owl said:
a Rocky Horror Picture Show spread with the Jane Austen Tarot.

A Rocky Horror Picture Show spread??? Never heard of one, but being how that's my favorite movie, I'd be interested in learning it.