My emergency crystal kit

Stormdancer

Le Fanu said:
By the way - and before you go to the new age shop to check out the crystals, I have to thank cardlady for the rhodonite tip. I've been researching it and see that it has very interesting qualities for a work environment-based crystal bag.

Check this out; ability to show both sides of an issue, heals emotional shock and panic (V useful at work!), has a strong resonance with forgiveness, it helps in taking back projections of blame, turns back insults, prevents retaliations and promotes calm in dangerous or upsetting situations, plus builds up confidence and avoids confusions.

(adapted from the Crystal Bible)

All good properties to have at hand at work! Plus it's not really pink at all!

I think I have one of these....wonder where it is...

Le Fanu

I find that I am drawn to flat-ish, relatively thin stones. the kind of size which it is comforting to hold between thumb and forefinger and with enough surface to see the texture of the stone without it being big and heavy.

That or quite roundish ones. Nothing assymetrical! And I really don't like those tumblestones which are cubed!

Essjay

Has anyone mentioned carnelian yet? It's a great sociable stone - could be good for work although it is about change too, so that may not be what you're after.

Le Fanu

Essjay said:
Has anyone mentioned carnelian yet? It's a great sociable stone - could be good for work although it is about change too, so that may not be what you're after.
mmm... "a powerful protector against anger, rage and resentment." Sounds good. how many can I feasibly haul around with me? LOL

Essjay

Le Fanu said:
mmm... "a powerful protector against anger, rage and resentment." Sounds good. how many can I feasibly haul around with me? LOL

Good point, carnelian is the one I always have along with red tigers eye and green aventurine - great combo for (my) work!

:)

Le Fanu

OK, if I manage to get up early tomorow, i.e before 11 a.m :D I shall call by the rock shop and see if they have;

Blue Agate
Rhodonite
Carnelian
Maybe Tektite

That would total 12 plus the quartz

Coz it's going to be a helluva week at work and I shall need all the worry stones I can lay my hands on!

Grizabella

Le Fanu, labradorite might be a little more on the masculine side for you than moonstone although they're closely related.

And I wanted to add that clear crystal might be better in a pants pocket than in the pocket near your heart. The Cherokee always keep a clear quartz either above or below the heart but not near it. I don't know why, but I read that in one of the books about Native American uses of crystals.

Le Fanu

Grizabella said:
Le Fanu, labradorite might be a little more on the masculine side for you than moonstone although they're closely related.

And I wanted to add that clear crystal might be better in a pants pocket than in the pocket near your heart. The Cherokee always keep a clear quartz either above or below the heart but not near it. I don't know why, but I read that in one of the books about Native American uses of crystals.
Wow! Fascinating. I didn't know Labradorite & Moonstone were related. Nor did I know that about crystals near the heart.

I'm learning so much with this thread!