My first (accidental) client!

Gazel

Thats goood for you, autumsdaughter. Exiting. Way to go.
I can't give you any advice, exceopt for the brathing thing already mentioned.

Mellaenn

Congrats to you; I say go for it! You are in the exact same place I am. Part of me knows I could read professionally perfectly well and part of me is nervous at the idea. I do just fine now since no one is out any money for my readings.

But I was told in a reading that someone did for me that this is what I need to be doing, so I hope the Universe gives me a nice nudge like she did for you! Please let us know how you do.

KarlThomas

Mazletov! I would also consider accepting the party, but I'm like that.

Go intending to serve, you will do so. Go for your own gratification, it gets muddy quick.

Let the money be a reason you are nurtured from the client, and a reason to be mindful that you serve them. You'll rock it.

AJ

Fun! You can't begin until you begin~

Have you practiced reading outloud? It is a whole different thing than thinking your readings.
Ask me how I know :) I'd never thought about the difference until I did my first reading and found myself tongue tied and stammering because I couldn't easily voice what I was clearly seeing.

Read to your cat, your pillow, your chair. And if you've done face to face readings already...go get your money and read!

autumnsdaughter

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and wisdom.

I'm still quaking in my boots a bit, but eager and excited too! I did my first reading in public- at a cafe- for a friend tonight, and it went really well- it was awkward at first, shuffling a tarot deck with all of those people around, but one I got into the reading, whoosh, the energy just flowed out of me. She was very happy with the reading- said it felt like therapy- that's a good thing, right? :D Anyway, so that helped to build some confidence.

Also, I guess that the party is at an occasional sale, and there will also be a massage therapist and an eyebrow waxer! :D :D :D So I'm gonna do it! I think it will be loads of fun... I already ordered some business cards from Vista Print, and I'm planning out how I'm going to handle it- I am just going to read for 10 minutes per person, and just have a karma jar on the table. I am only bringing 1 deck, and I'm going to stick with 3 card readings. I figure that the more simple it is, the more I will be able to stay calm. I am so frickin excited! YAY!!!! :D :party: :D

epvitale

autumnsdaughter said:
Also, I guess that the party is at an occasional sale, and there will also be a massage therapist and an eyebrow waxer! :D :D :D So I'm gonna do it! I think it will be loads of fun... I already ordered some business cards from Vista Print, and I'm planning out how I'm going to handle it- I am just going to read for 10 minutes per person, and just have a karma jar on the table. I am only bringing 1 deck, and I'm going to stick with 3 card readings. I figure that the more simple it is, the more I will be able to stay calm. I am so frickin excited! YAY!!!! :D :party: :D

Congrats on your first public reading, your first paying gig and your first party. I am happy, excited and thrilled for you. I also think the Karma Jar is a wonderful idea.

One idea with the jar, seed it with ones and fives of your own money before you sit down. It doesn't have to be a lot maybe eight or nine dollars, but people will feel more comfortable in donating if the jar isn't empty.

Good luck and let us know how the party goes.

Gary