Nap Time! ..Do you get tired after reading?

LuckyFox

zzz...

Sometimes after my readings, I feel exhausted.. Like I could just keel over and take a few hours off..

Does anyone else feel this way? Am I just assuming it is normal to feel like this afterwards? It seems normal to me..

--p.s.- my appologies if this thread had been posted before.. I tried to look for it but there were so many, I was starting to get tired!-- (haha)

Phantom Goddess

Somewhat, it does take a lot out of you, That's why I read at night before I go to bed.

autumn star

Yes, I have to say that sometimes I do get tired, partiularly if the reading is for someone else. Other times I feel like I have a bit more energy. It just depends really :)

LuckyFox

Phantom Goddess said:
Somewhat, it does take a lot out of you, That's why I read at night before I go to bed.

Reading before bed would be next to impossible for me because once I start to get tired, forget it.. I will start falling asleep while I am shuffling and forget the spread I was about to do or the issue at hand. It's happened.. :D

autumn star said:
Yes, I have to say that sometimes I do get tired, partiularly if the reading is for someone else. Other times I feel like I have a bit more energy. It just depends really

That is rather true. Sometimes after my morning breifing, I am a bit energized.. I remember when I started reading with the Celtic Dragon-- YAWN-- there was just no connection between us. It felt like I was straining myself or something.

Emeraldgirl

I do get tired after readings especially after reading for some people who just seem to be energy drainers. I also prefer reading later in the day as it does drain energy and can leve you feeling ried afterwards. I also like to shower after readings and wash off energies.

Apollonia

I used to regularly feel drained after readings, but now I make sure I always have my grounding in place, as well as shielding myself energetically. Being careful about maintaining one's boundaries/neutrality also helps. There's a book entitled "You Are Psychic" by Debra Lynne Katz that, while it deals with clairvoyance rather than the Tarot, has excellent information on various psychic tools, including several ways to maintain your energy while doing readings. Since putting her recommendations into practice, I have noticed a huge change in how I feel after reading for others.

caridwen

Yes I feel exhausted after reading for others. Not so much for myself because I don't read as intently as when I do for others. I couldn't possibly work in one of those shopping malls with a queue of people.:)

Ace

I don't get tired, although the next day I sure am! but I do get HUNGRY! I did a party last night. I was running HOT! I was palm reading mostly with a little bit of cards and the information was flowing like I haven't seen in a long time! I was great, and afterward I was STARVING. I went shopping, and come home and ate all kinds of food. I had bought some nuts, GOBBLE. I had leftovers: forget about tomorrow, I want them NOW! I could not stop eating.

Reading is very high energy work. I had eaten a solid meal before I did this gig. (Not right before, but about 2 hrs) and I was starved for energy afterward. Today I am a bit tired but many times we finish and go out to dinner (if I am reading with others) because we are all so hungry. Sigh. You don't lose weight if you eat it all back on, so it doesn't count as an aerobic workout. (Wish it did!) but it is hard work. Don't let anyone tell you different!

I will say: food is also grounding. So maybe that is why I like to eat after reading, but I would still say, I am also energy depleted, and need to stoke back up.
Ace

Little Baron

I am always tired - reading or no reeading. I take many naps, lol.

I do understand this feeling though, I think. For me it is not so much of a physical tiredness; more like having my brain zapped of all energy. It really does take it out of me, unless the cards work together really well and I feel energised by the fact that I could understand their messages.

I have tried to read much smaller spreads than I used to, because as well as it making life a little easier and the messages clearer for me, I also don't get fidgety throughout them, like I do with readings over five or six cards.

LB

Umbrae

Nope.

Grounding and water…lots of water.

Ain’t no reason to get tired unless you’re not grounded or your clinically dehydrated.

Think about this…if you’re reciting keywords, that’s not gonna make you tired. If you’re connecting to the universe, or God, or an angel…how’s that gonna make you tired?

It’s you baby…ground and hydrate.