Natural and Synthetic Stones

Jascrystal

My astrologer recommended natural stones to me

Like yellow sapphire i found a ring that had a nice yellow sapphire in it but she said it wasnt natural and only natural stones bring luck to u

she also said synthetic stones also have bad notion to them because u dont know what kind of energy the shiner of the stone had at the time the person was shining it

i was like okay but the natural sapphire untreated unheated cost like $675

does anybody know where i can buy untreated unheated gems that are cheaper then the price above ?

redflash

How did she know that it wasn't natural ?

Jascrystal

naturally

she put under little magnifyiing glass and said it wasnt natural unheated untreated stone

Alta

You are specifically looking for gems right? And not any crystals?

There are a number of internet sites, and eBay has them as well. The quality is a bit mixed though. :(

redflash

They don't have to be expensive gemstone quality, they're not any more powerful than simple crystal jewellery.

And natural stones can have bad vibes aswell, they might have been unethically mined, handled by loads of different people.

MCsea

I agree with redflash - natural crystals can be difficult to manage also.

Personally I work well with man - made - or enhanced crystals, as well as inthe rough and cut crystals, yes their energy is slightly different, but I also think we some times get what we need.. hmm would make for a good song eh..

good luck with your looking

MARINA

eastarot

I had the same thing happen to me with a Peridot. I took this gorgeous piece to the jeweller and he said it was synthetic. I just took it back and kept it in my cupboard, still havent gotten around to buying a read Peridot.

Yellow sapphire is known as Pukhraj in India, and is the gemstone of Jupiter - bringer of wisdom, prosperity. Astrologers recommend ;u wear it on your index finger (the finger which symbolises Jupiter) Even in India, its a pricey stone and one can never be sure if its a fake, even from the most reputed places. From what I've heard, its best to be wary of the 'cheap' yellow sapphires as it may be a yellow topaz thats been heated (???)

If you do want to buy one, then I'd suggest take the help of someone who's a certified gemologist or has adequate knowledge of gems to know the difference btw real and synthetic.

Good Luck

Ruby7

Jascrystal said:
i was like okay but the natural sapphire untreated unheated cost like $675

does anybody know where i can buy untreated unheated gems that are cheaper then the price above ?

Well, unfortunately you get what you pay for. In other words if you want a natural yellow sapphire of decent quality that is untreated then yes you will have to pay the money for it. If something is priced cheaply then it would probably not be a natural yellow sapphire or be of very poor quality (heavily included, pale colour etc)

Ruby7

Edited to change bad phrasing.

Razordance

You can get raw, non-gem quality stones for very reasonable prices, and if you're looking for energy rather that something that looks good in a ring, it shouldn't make a difference. I got a bag of mixed crystals from ebay that had emeralds and rubies in it, and I'm waiting for a low quality sapphire to arrive that I paid $4 for. The sapphire should also be arriving with a small chunk of moldavite, which is what I'm really anxious to get my hands on...

Check out http://www.adamsminerals.com
He deals in a lot of very obscure, rare minerals, but he's got some nice crystals as well.