Need some help clarifying please

karen0205

The DruidCraft is a great deck. You'll like that one. I haven't seen the Spiral so I can't comment on that. Good luck!

berrieh

Miranda80, in regards to a question you asked: I think whether the meaning changes in different decks depends on the person. I slightly change meanings based on my decks and the picture at hand, but the essential meanings of the cards are the same if it follows the same system. So, as long as you buy a Rider-Waite deck, you should feel it's 'familiar' in a lot of ways. Some people never change meanings. To some, a 2 of Cups is always a 2 of Cups regardless of decks... it just depends on the person. I see my decks as having personalities, so it changes the cards slightly.

I've been meaning to look into the Druidcraft further, too. It looks like a really nifty deck.

firecatpickles

I transfer the meanings I learn with each deck to the next; interchanging them; mixing in a little astrology here; a little numerology there; paying attention to the colors more some times; more to the relationships between the cards more in other readings; sometimes an image in one deck will cross-relate to another, etc.

The more decks you study with, the more your reading vocabulary will increase. This is like learning a foreign language, and more than one deck will inevitably result in this "second language transfer".

shadowbane

I use a lot of RWS clones as I like to stay within the theme. What about a Robin Wood deck? I know hanson-roberts is whimsical but it does follow along the rws theme. many tell stories Im just going through a link now.

a few i can mention but not tried are

lovecraft
dante
romeo and juliet tarot
there are thousands though so best to do a search with a theme that interests you as well.