New Crystals - Rhodochrosite

Daimayo

Hi... that stone is called "The Inca's rose" too, and is common in Peru and north of Chile... We have a lot of that stone, and is very popular in our jewlry (joyería... I'm not sure how to write it in english :p ), how the Lapislazuli stone (you find it only in Chile and Afganistan :D ) . I like it a lot, some people says that is a very good stone for heart problems, the stone is rich in copper.

Well, congratulations for your new stone ;)

Daimayo

Sophie

I have one, very small, rhodocrosite. I keep it by my bedside and sometimes take it with me in my bag. I had never really worked with it consciously until the other day, when I had something of a weeping fit, and was feeling rather - vulnerable. I took it with me to work, and held it all the while I was going there - a journey of 40 minutes in the morning traffic (I wasn't driving). I could feel the soothing, gentle waves emanating from that small stone, through my hand, up my arm, into my whole body. I held it to my heart for a while, and by the time I reached work, I was calm, cheerful and centred.

Amazing.

Desirae_Nicole

In Denver...

I don't have much knowledge of crystals. I'm determined to learn more. I saw some Rhodocrosite in the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. They had a lot of gems and crystals, but this one really caught my attention. They have a very large peice of it, a 6x6x3 piece, if not larger.

I was hoping to find a peice in the gift shop, but they didn't have it there. I should have known it wouldn't be that easy. Now, I need to search out one for myself.