New deck is missing a card... WWYD?

Nimbus

It's a keeper!!

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. It seems unanimous that the deck should be taken back and replaced with one that has all of the cards as any new deck would. After getting over the initial disappointment of having received a ‘flawed’ deck, I have decided that I like the deck the way it is!!

This little fault has had some meaning for me, and in some strange way, it makes this deck unique and a little special. Sort of like my rescue kitty who is missing the tip of her left ear due to frostbite before she was found and taken in for care, and now finally has a home with me.

I am a huge believer in synchronicities and have been reading a book called “There are No Accidents: Synchronicity and the Stories of Our Lives” written by Robert H. Hopcke. Perhaps this deck has a little synchronicity for me personally as the missing card is the Queen of Swords, and as mentioned in my original post, swords in general, seem to figure in my life.

To make the deck ‘complete’ my husband (who is a calligrapher, among other things!) used one of those nice pens that roll out gold ‘ink’ and beautifully lettered “Queen of Swords” across the double card. I will keep this deck for personal use, and feel it is quite special.

~Nimbus