New Druidcraft release.

Llynn

My hopes were raised that the new printing would be smaller but the dimensions given in an email from Amazon.co.uk seem to be the same as the original. I don't need another original-sized deck - I use one trimmed to the picture as it is! Pity.

~~Llynn

finalstan

Here and there, I read users complaints about the deck size but hoped, that in the new version it was left unchanged. I'm glad it's big as it was, although I'm probably amongst minority of people. I hope the quality is better but I have my doubts...

Le Fanu

They would certainly sell more I think if it were smaller. I have big hands and can shuffle it no problem, but I think it would be great if it were a bit smaller. Like the mid-sized AG Muller Thoth. That is the perfect size for me...

rwcarter

Le Fanu said:
14.4 X 10. That´s smaller isn´t it?

ETA; Im not sure it is smaller. I don´t have my cards at hand, but looking at a tapemeasure, there doesn´t look to be much in it.
I have my Druidcraft listed as 16 cm x 9 cm (or 160 mm x 90 mm - I think your measurements are in mm). So that sounds like it's slightly smaller but wider?

Rodney

Le Fanu

rwcarter said:
I have my Druidcraft listed as 16 cm x 9 cm (or 160 mm x 90 mm - I think your measurements are in mm). So that sounds like it's slightly smaller but wider?

Rodney

I measured mine earlier and I suspect the above measurements are of the box. My actual cards are 1 cm less wide and 0.5 cm smaller lengthwise.~

btw, those aren't my measurements, they´re the measurements given on amazon

finalstan

Hmm, I had a closer look and it says:

Product Dimensions: 14.4 x 10 x 4 cm

That means those are the dimensions of the box itself! Cards inside must be smaller then that. Strange, they would have to make them shorter (much shorter) but wider (not that much). I'll be in the UK on monday, and the following days, so I'll search for it in nearby Waterstones's. I'm curious how it looks, hope to find at least one example :)

rwcarter

Le Fanu said:
I measured mine earlier and I suspect the above measurements are of the box. My actual cards are 1 cm less wide and 0.5 cm smaller lengthwise.~

btw, those aren't my measurements, they´re the measurements given on amazon
Le Fanu,

You're right. My measurements are wrong. I'm gonna blame it on being unfamiliar with the metric system.... :D

My actual measurements of the cards is 90 mm x 140 mm.

Rodney

Le Fanu

finalstan said:
Hmm, I had a closer look and it says:

Product Dimensions: 14.4 x 10 x 4 cm

That means those are the dimensions of the box itself! Cards inside must be smaller then that. Strange, they would have to make them shorter (much shorter) but wider (not that much). I'll be in the UK on monday, and the following days, so I'll search for it in nearby Waterstones's. I'm curious how it looks, hope to find at least one example :)

If not, I ordered it (on an impulsive moment after seeing it on amazon and before realising it might be just the bog-standard version, only in a box!) Ive been wanting to trim mine but never had the courage. As there were some posts about the back of the Druid Craft cards being different shades (which mine didn´t have), and as I had an older copy with good cardstock I was reluctant to trim this one.

I ordered this "deck only" edition half out of curiosity, but also with a view to trimming.

I´ll post impressions here when it arrives, but my hunch is that it´s exactly the same...

finalstan

They will be the same size. I measured my Druidcraft and it's 14x9, not 16.

rwcarter

Le Fanu said:
Ive been wanting to trim mine but never had the courage.
I traded for (bought) a trimmed copy. All the pleasure and none of the pain.... :D

Rodney