New Druidcraft release.

Le Fanu

I just received my Druid Craft "deck only" from amazon...

It is the same deck, exactly the same size.

The copy I already had was an older printing, thicker cardstock and not one of those with irregularly coloured backs; all pretty uniform. This one has noticably different cardstock. Not bad by any means, but different and a tiny bit shinier.

It comes in quite a nice sturdy, matt lift-off box (not like the Golden / Quantum Tarot, but like the old 1JJ Swiss boxes) with accompanying book which is a very attractive, well-done condensed version of the original book. It is printed in an attractive red ink and has all the meanings upright and reversed but none of the background info r.e druids &c.

Im going to keep it and use it as my spare. Jury still out on whether I´ll trim it as Im not sure if the cardstock would fray. And it is the kind of box (thick card like the pocket Universal Waite cardboard) which you could use to carry it around in and if I trimmed it, the cards would rattle around...

Starshower

Interesting info, thanks.
Have they corrected the Hermit card and / or description & meaning write-up in this new version, please?
That's always been my main annoyance - far worse than the huge feet & green skies - which spoiled it for me (although I still love the deck, book, the creators, & OBOD!).

Le Fanu

Starshower said:
Have they corrected the Hermit card and / or description & meaning write-up in this new version, please?
That's always been my main annoyance

Im sorry, I don´t know what the problem was with the Hermit card/description...

gregory

WELL - I don't know if this was the issue - but the moon is backwards for what is supposed to be twilight..... Was that it ?

cardlady22

Le Fanu said:
It is the same deck, exactly the same size.

It comes in quite a nice sturdy, matt lift-off box (not like the Golden / Quantum Tarot, but like the old 1JJ Swiss boxes) with accompanying book which is a very attractive, well-done condensed version of the original book. It is printed in an attractive red ink and has all the meanings upright and reversed but none of the background info r.e druids &c. ...

Thanks for the info, Le Fanu! It makes me very glad that I went ahead and bought the earlier full book. *sigh* I'm very disappointed that the cards aren't smaller.
Maybe the Druidcraft needs to be my 3rd Orphalese deck . . .