New: Yes ~ No ~ Why

Amy-2609

Uncertainty

I just need a second opinion for my spread.
I got a Yes, with the Ace of Wands (definite but hasty answer), then the Chariot in the second position, and Two of Cups for the third.

I'm just unsure because the Chariot can mean triumph/victory, but it can also be impulsiveness, recklessness and/or lack of control. That combined with the "cursory" Ace of Wands just threw me a little bit.

Any other thoughts?

Amy-2609

Uncertainty

I just need a second opinion for my spread.
I got a Yes, with the Ace of Wands (definite but hasty answer), then the Chariot in the second position, and Two of Cups for the third.

I'm just unsure because the Chariot can mean triumph/victory, but it can also be impulsiveness, recklessness and/or lack of control. That combined with the "cursory" Ace of Wands just threw me a little bit.

Any other thoughts?

Amanda

Did you follow the pattern of the spread, so that the Chariot is on the left, Ace on the right and the 2 falling above? Which color horse is next to the Ace? This might make a difference in how it should be interpreted.

Considering that the Chariot is water, and the Ace is fire, and the Chariot has more 'power' than the Ace, I would say that the Ace is getting squashed by the Chariot... perhaps the drive to control something, is actually causing it not to begin in the first place... and I can only guess that it has to do with a relationship, considering the 2 of Cups.

So... not knowing what the question was, I would say, "Yes but since or because the situation is being forced/controlled, two people are struggling to come together" or something of that nature.

Amy-2609

Did you follow the pattern of the spread, so that the Chariot is on the left, Ace on the right and the 2 falling above? Which color horse is next to the Ace? This might make a difference in how it should be interpreted.

Considering that the Chariot is water, and the Ace is fire, and the Chariot has more 'power' than the Ace, I would say that the Ace is getting squashed by the Chariot... perhaps the drive to control something, is actually causing it not to begin in the first place... and I can only guess that it has to do with a relationship, considering the 2 of Cups.

So... not knowing what the question was, I would say, "Yes but since or because the situation is being forced/controlled, two people are struggling to come together" or something of that nature.

Well, I'm using the Shadowscapes Tarot and I was asking a relationship based question (so I was pretty impressed that Two Of Cups came up in the third position).
Chariot is two white horses, and Ace of Wands is three foxes, if you're unfamiliar with the deck.

Amanda

Well, I'm using the Shadowscapes Tarot and I was asking a relationship based question (so I was pretty impressed that Two Of Cups came up in the third position).
Chariot is two white horses, and Ace of Wands is three foxes, if you're unfamiliar with the deck.

Ah okay, I've owned the deck but don't recall the imagery as well now, it's been a little while since I had it. You might want to consider also that the summary card is the Wheel of Fortune, which is fire and it kind of squashes the Chariot and the 2... but I think I've helped you about as much as I can without knowing the question... the spread can get a little tricky... I tend to consider everything when I'm using it- numbers, elements, summary card, direction of the figures in the card... yes/no spreads are a little high maintenance to use, but I do believe this is probably the best one that I've ever come across. :)

Amy-2609

Ah okay, I've owned the deck but don't recall the imagery as well now, it's been a little while since I had it. You might want to consider also that the summary card is the Wheel of Fortune, which is fire and it kind of squashes the Chariot and the 2... but I think I've helped you about as much as I can without knowing the question... the spread can get a little tricky... I tend to consider everything when I'm using it- numbers, elements, summary card, direction of the figures in the card... yes/no spreads are a little high maintenance to use, but I do believe this is probably the best one that I've ever come across. :)

Okay, well thanks for the help :)
I did the same question, with Celtic Dragon, and got a yes with Ace of Pentacles - second position Temperence and third position Ten of Cups. I think that mirrored the first spread pretty well, so I'm going to trust it ^_^

Fly My Pretty

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm a little confused as to how to read the spread.
So if the answer is in the yes position, then the no position would show what would happen otherwise & the 3rd position shows what I could do to change the answer or is it more along the lines of why the answer is correct or rather the outcome?

Here's my example (not looking for interpretations incase that's against the rules, I just want to make sure I'm understanding the spread right)

Yes: The World
No: The Tower
MI: The Sun

So at first glance this is how I understood the flow of the spread, The answer is yes, because if I didn't then this is most likely be what would happen and the the sun shows what would happen/be the outcome concerning the answer card.
I'm not sure if that's right but it is what made the most sense to me.

MoiraKarin

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm a little confused as to how to read the spread.
So if the answer is in the yes position, then the no position would show what would happen otherwise & the 3rd position shows what I could do to change the answer or is it more along the lines of why the answer is correct or rather the outcome?

Here's my example (not looking for interpretations incase that's against the rules, I just want to make sure I'm understanding the spread right)

Yes: The World
No: The Tower
MI: The Sun

So at first glance this is how I understood the flow of the spread, The answer is yes, because if I didn't then this is most likely be what would happen and the the sun shows what would happen/be the outcome concerning the answer card.
I'm not sure if that's right but it is what made the most sense to me.

I do this spread often. The middle card will tell why it is Yes or NO. If understood correctly your 'sun' card is the 'why'. In this case it is a why to a 'yes' (because perspectives or elements are postive.)

The tower will then clarify 'the No'( for instance you have cleared up the pains from the past and you are ready for a new episode now, obviously i do not know what the questions was about)

Fly My Pretty

I do this spread often. The middle card will tell why it is Yes or NO. If understood correctly your 'sun' card is the 'why'. In this case it is a why to a 'yes' (because perspectives or elements are postive.)

The tower will then clarify 'the No'( for instance you have cleared up the pains from the past and you are ready for a new episode now, obviously i do not know what the questions was about)

Thank you Moira, that did clear up my confusion & made more sense, especially with the tower :)