New: Yes ~ No ~ Why

DownUnderNZer

Feedback

I just tried this out and thought it wasnt on to it UNTIL I realised that it is 1 am and I should have been asking about "yesterday" NOT "today". :D

The ANSWER was YES, but a CONFLICTED one, and the person wasnt happy about doing it.

I got: NO: Knight of swords YES: Ace of swords WHY/MI: 5 of Cups.

So, MADE sense to me looking at the cards even if negative. . :)

Will keep this SPREAD and keep trying it out. Thanks whoever developed it!!!!!

DownUnderNZer

Ps

How have others found this spread to be? e.g. Accuracy.

Amanda

How have others found this spread to be? e.g. Accuracy.

I've found this spread to be quite accurate and have used it many times over in the reading exchange. You have to be very careful of sitters asking one thing and meaning another though. One lady asked me if a guy would be contacting her, and the answer I got was 'No, he doesn't want anything to do with you' basically. And I was right, except what she *really* wanted to know is if they would have contact again. She did end up getting in contact with him and royally pissing him off I guess- but she didn't ask the right question. Instead of asking, "Will he contact me?" She should have asked, "Will we be in contact again?" and then maybe I would have gotten different cards to describe her contacting him and pissing him off. LOL So, that's one thing I've noticed... you have to be very precise and as open-ended as you can be with the question for the spread. Sometimes, I can catch the difference between what a sitter has asked and what I see in the cards as a response to their actual intentions, but it's tricky.

DownUnderNZer

I've found this spread to be quite accurate and have used it many times over in the reading exchange. You have to be very careful of sitters asking one thing and meaning another though. One lady asked me if a guy would be contacting her, and the answer I got was 'No, he doesn't want anything to do with you' basically. And I was right, except what she *really* wanted to know is if they would have contact again. She did end up getting in contact with him and royally pissing him off I guess- but she didn't ask the right question. Instead of asking, "Will he contact me?" She should have asked, "Will we be in contact again?" and then maybe I would have gotten different cards to describe her contacting him and pissing him off. LOL So, that's one thing I've noticed... you have to be very precise and as open-ended as you can be with the question for the spread. Sometimes, I can catch the difference between what a sitter has asked and what I see in the cards as a response to their actual intentions, but it's tricky.

I know what you mean. I smsed/text a friend this morning wanting to know some tech stuff before I had too shoot off and didnt want to ring in case it was TOO EARLY or NOT GOOD TIMING. So, I asked the TAROT and LENORMAND if I would get a text message back before I left or at least in time...and both came out with "NOs". Quite discouraging as I needed the info kind of urgently!!!. Anyways, about 5 minutes later I got a PHONE CALL from my friend answering me. :)

So, the TAROT and LENORMAND did say "NO" to a text/sms response which was ACCURATE. However, I got a phone call instead which is not something I expected, but was truly appreciated.

Maybe if I had broadened it a bit...it would have given me a YES. So, I do see what you mean when it comes down to how a question is phrased, so I should try what you said and make it as OPEN ENDED as possible the next time.

DownUnderNZer

Sister

My sister was really really reluctant to do this as she had tried a few YES and NO spreads before over the years with no luck, but I persuaded her to give it a go and explained it was not good for EMOTIONALLY DRIVEN questions, but ADVISE and STRAIGHT FORWARD things. Also, that it actually GAVE INFO as to NO or YES and MORE INFO as to WHY a YES or NO.

Now I didnt really go into mine, but gave it a go with hers to see how she related to the ANSWER, plus she had no idea how to connect the cards as she doesnt usually do tarot like most and prefers the Lenormand.

Her question was regarding TRAVEL.

She got: NO: 7 of Swords Yes: Ace of Wands. MI: Empress.

As I saw it, and others may have differing views, the reason why the 7 of Swords was in the NO position was because there was no confusion or doubt as to what plans she had in mind. (She agreed). With it being the ACE of wands it was a WEAK YES...so more of a MAYBE...and the reason being, was like the EMPRESS, she needed to develop these plans into fruitition, which would take a bit of time. (Like being pregnant...9 to 10 months of carrying a baby before having it). (Again she agreed).

She said that TRAVEL was something she was considering, but not set just yet as she did need to plan it better and work towards it so that it would be an enjoyable trip, but that it was definitely on her list of things to do! :)

So, it seems the cards did have some credibility for her, and she actually LIKED IT as it EXPLAINED things. And everything MADE absolute sense to her, but not to me as it wasnt for me to understand.

liberated inferno

So I decided to test this spread out and i will report back in a couple of weeks.
I decided to ask about seeing a friend on an upcoming trip.

NO: Justice
Yes: Ace/ Pents
Why: Temperance.

My question is do reversals matter in this spread?

In reading the spread based on the cards, it would be that yes I will see my friend on my trip because it wouldn't be the right thing to do, not to see them. The reason being that this is the time to blend and balance energies or just catching up.

Amanda

Hi liberated inferno- how did your trip go?

In answer to your question, I believe the spread creator had uprights only in mind for this when it was made, and that is what I typically use as well for this spread... yes/nos are already complicated spreads to do, so I think reversals would only make the spread more complicated to read.

Scarlotsmiles

So I thought I'd give this spread a go & have used it a couple of times. On both counts I got a 'Yes' with the ace of wands however I am a little confused with both spreads/readings. Any guidance, interpretation, thoughts welcome.

With the first reading I asked, will Mr 'S' & I have a relationship with one an other & be a couple?
Card 1=Death as No, Card 2=Ace of Wands as definate Yes but cursory & Card 3=5 of Cups as the 'why'.
I took this to indicate 'a fling' impulsive, reckless, maybe hastie decision, passion. Combining all cards together I sense this could be a rebound relationship (death & 5 of cups together), the end of something & feeling sorry for ones self, dwelling on the past. I don't get if I am reading this right though, with death being the 'no' & major arcana could that override the 'yes' of the ace of wands, could it indicate that things will develop no further between us kind of like we have gone as far as we can go(end of the road)?

Weirdly like I mentioned earlier I then had the ace of wands again in the yes position in relation to this chap I had already asked about & I guess it is the combination/meaning of both readings in relation to Mr 'S' that I feel confused about.

So anyway, for the second reading I asked, will Mr 'S' fall in love with me?
Card 1=Queen of Cups as No, Card 2=Ace of Wands as definate 'Yes' but cursory & Card 3= Knight of Swords as 'why'.
This reading makes no sense to me at all. I get the ace of wands as yes he will fall in love with me quickly but then the Queen of Cups as the no? Surely if he falls inlove with me I would be the queen of cups that he fell in love with (backing up the ace of wands answer) he would see me as the queen of cups & that would be a good thing would it not - very confused here. How can the queen of cups represent a 'no' when my actual answer to the question is a yes & not a no? Could the queen of cups be someone else he has already given his heart to as in an ex he is not over yet but then I did still get a Yes as my answer when asking if he will fall in love with me & it did indicate he will fall fast. As for the knight of swords as the 'why', (another courtcard) I just don't get that either.

It is strange how in relation to this Mr 'S' chap I was asking about I got a 'yes' to both my questions however I don't get him falling inlove with me if it is only going to be a rebound fling (rebound on his part I fear) & where does the queen of cups fit into things, why is she there as a 'no'. Any ideas on these readings greatly appreciated - I've no idea if I've read the spreads right or if I have - what other interpretations there might be.

kalliope

So I thought I'd give this spread a go & have used it a couple of times. On both counts I got a 'Yes' with the ace of wands however I am a little confused with both spreads/readings. Any guidance, interpretation, thoughts welcome.

(part of quote deleted)

So anyway, for the second reading I asked, will Mr 'S' fall in love with me?
Card 1=Queen of Cups as No, Card 2=Ace of Wands as definate 'Yes' but cursory & Card 3= Knight of Swords as 'why'.
This reading makes no sense to me at all. I get the ace of wands as yes he will fall in love with me quickly but then the Queen of Cups as the no? Surely if he falls inlove with me I would be the queen of cups that he fell in love with (backing up the ace of wands answer) he would see me as the queen of cups & that would be a good thing would it not - very confused here. How can the queen of cups represent a 'no' when my actual answer to the question is a yes & not a no? Could the queen of cups be someone else he has already given his heart to as in an ex he is not over yet but then I did still get a Yes as my answer when asking if he will fall in love with me & it did indicate he will fall fast. As for the knight of swords as the 'why', (another courtcard) I just don't get that either.

It is strange how in relation to this Mr 'S' chap I was asking about I got a 'yes' to both my questions however I don't get him falling inlove with me if it is only going to be a rebound fling (rebound on his part I fear) & where does the queen of cups fit into things, why is she there as a 'no'. Any ideas on these readings greatly appreciated - I've no idea if I've read the spreads right or if I have - what other interpretations there might be.

The way I understand this spread, the card in the opposing position explains why that was NOT the answer. So when you got a yes in the reading above, the Queen of Cups in the "No" position explains why the answer wasn't no. You being the Queen of Cups who he's attracted to would be why it's not a "No." Seems to make sense to me!

Scarlotsmiles

The way I understand this spread, the card in the opposing position explains why that was NOT the answer. So when you got a yes in the reading above, the Queen of Cups in the "No" position explains why the answer wasn't no. You being the Queen of Cups who he's attracted to would be why it's not a "No." Seems to make sense to me!

Thanks Kalliope for your thoughts... have I got the spread completely wrong then?? Even more confused now. I thought it was the card in position 3 that explained the 'Why' you got a yes or a no. That being the case the knight of swords would be giving up more info although what, I don't know because at the moment as I already expressed I am totally confused as to where card 1 the queen of cups fits into things, let alone another court card. I have know idea what bold/brutal explanation the knight of swords is saying. I find it very hard to believe that Mr 'S' see's me as the queen of cups at the moment anyway & given he doesn't ask questions/show interest in our limited conversations I really don't understand what the cards are saying. With the Ace of Wands as passion & it being a male orientated phallic symbol I'm wondering if the 'Yes' as an answer to my question may have been wrong or not necessarily completely wrong but maybe more along the lines of Yes he will fall in love with me but just for one night kinda thing, maybe the queen of cups in the no position indicates what I have already thought - that maybe there is already a queen of cups that occupies his heart & so there just isn't room for me, maybe the knight of swords represents harsh truth, that he will love me & leave me?