No reading on Sundays and other tarot rules

bizarre_tarot

There are many rules to tarot reading that I was told from the start. Things like one should never read on sundays, you shouldn't read to anyone that is pregnant, you shouldn't read yourself, you shouldn't be read (a huge reading)more than once a month, can't read someone without their permission and you can't read while you are on your menstrual cycle. I was wondering whether these rules are universal codes that everyone knows about or more superstitious. Also, what are some other rules that you might know of that I haven't list?

ravenest

Cant read while you are on your motorcycle.

nisaba

Things like one should never read on sundays,

<sigh> Some people.

Actually, you'd probably be entertained if I could find a thread we all contributed onto that collected all these furfies: it was called something like "Tarot Fallacies" but now I can't find it.

nisaba

Cant read while you are on your motorcycle.

... at more than seven kilometres an hour, get it right.

Also, I believe there is some prohibition about reading Tarot whilst engaged in complex neurosurgery.

I have genuinely read Tarot for a nurse whilst I was in the process of donating blood, though, to bang goes the idea that you can't read whilst bleeding.

theboomz

Nisaba, that thread you were looking for, is it the one that got started with someone asking about the 'someone has to give you your first deck' myth?

nisaba

That's the one. You have a URL to it?

theboomz

That's the one. You have a URL to it?

NOPE! Just wondered if that would help you find it. But I guess you remembered the topic.
I can try to search for it, but I don't even know the exact title to type in.

Maybe key words, first deck gift .. I'll try that.

nisaba

Sadly, that's not it. You had no better luck searching for it than I did <sigh>. It was hilarious - went on for ages.

magpie9

There are many rules to tarot reading that I was told from the start. Things like one should never read on sundays, you shouldn't read to anyone that is pregnant, you shouldn't read yourself, you shouldn't be read (a huge reading)more than once a month, can't read someone without their permission and you can't read while you are on your menstrual cycle. I was wondering whether these rules are universal codes that everyone knows about or more superstitious. Also, what are some other rules that you might know of that I haven't list?
They are ALL utter and complete Nonsense.