Offering to Help find your Soul/Personality/Year Card

tabi

Amanda_04 said:
I know you didn't make up the rules, so I'm not knocking you... but that just seems extremely limiting!

I would think, that each number by itself is important, as well as together... like the 2 and the 6 (HP and Lovers) and then adding them together for 8 Strength. So you're not really discounting adding them together, but painting a larger picture. It would make more sense to have more options with the personality cards, and one for the soul card, wouldn't it?

Who came up with this stuff anyway... like is this in a book somewhere?

This is from the Tarot for Yourself, the number thing isn't based on the book but based on the numbers to begin with. If simply adding the 2 + 6, you lose the value of 26.

tabi

nyx77 said:
Hi! I can see you must be inundated with requests for this, what a lovely thing to do for so many! So,,, if and when you have the time and energy please may I know my soul and shadow cards? My birthdate is July 9th 1977. Thank you again in advance! Blessed be, nyx

Personality card is 0 The Fool
Soul card is 4 The Emperor
Shadow card None
Year card is The Wheel

tabi

CottonCandy said:
Uh... I thought it did, but now I'm confused again. I know this wasn't directed at me, but would you mind answering a few questions from me too?

Using your system, my birthday adds up to 11 so that's my personality card, right? & 1+1=2 which I believe is my soul card since it's a single digit. So if I'm correct, I don't have a shadow card. Is that right?

If the 11 had been a different number (though it would have to be below 22 to be the personality card) & it reduced to a double digit number then that would be the shadow card & I would reduce one more time to get the soul card...

*calculates, reads & thinks for a few minutes*

Out of the numbers 10-21, only 19 comes out with a double digit sum as far as I can tell...

The Amberstone's birth card pairs method of adding & reducing is slightly different than yours but the page says they have an exception for birth dates adding up to 19. If it's 19, you have 3 birth cards instead of two. and those cards will be 19, 10, & 1.
(http://www.tarotschool.com/BirthCards2.html)

Are birth dates adding up to 19 the only ones that have shadow cards?

nyx77, I hope you don't mind me using your request to practice.

If I understand correctly
7+9+1977= 1993
1+9+9+3= 22
2+2=4

So depending on if you use the fool as 22 or not, your personality card would be the fool & your soul card the emperor, or your personality card & soul card are both the emperor.
And if I understand it correctly, you don't have a shadow card.

Oh & your Current Year card would be the wheel of fortune (10).

I hope Tabi will check, but I think it's correct. :)

Yes all of your theories are correct and you did it right. You also have to remember that you can't get zero so the Fool has to be 22 or you're going from 1-21 instead of using all 22 cards of the Major.

tabi

leelee said:
Hmmmm.... if I have this correct

01 +06 + 1970 = 1977

1+9+7+7 = 24

2+4=6 = LOVERS both for Personality and Soul

Is that right as I dont have a double digit Personality Card??

Thanks

Yes if it doesn't need to be added again you're Soul/Personality card is the same.

For reference if you want your Year card is that of The Wheel until January 2011 and it becomes Justice (Or Strength depending on your own personal style of tarot cards as it is 11)

CottonCandy

tabi said:
Yes all of your theories are correct and you did it right. You also have to remember that you can't get zero so the Fool has to be 22 or you're going from 1-21 instead of using all 22 cards of the Major.
Oh good, thank you! :) I hadn't considered that about the Majors at the time, but it makes perfect sense & I will keep it in mind. Thank you again! :)

betille

This is neat! Here's what I got:

Personality card: Justice (11)
Soul card: The High Priestess (2)
Year card: The Lovers (6)

How do you figure out the Shadow card?

And what is the application of this? Other than curiosity/interest...

Nebulus

Hi there, I'm new to the forum but have been studying the Tarot for around 4 months. Not sure if you are still doing this but I would like to know what my cards are. I had a look at doing it myself but found it a bit confusing !

My date of birth is 10th September 1981

Thanks in advance, Gary.

shiresun

Nebulus said:
Hi there, I'm new to the forum but have been studying the Tarot for around 4 months. Not sure if you are still doing this but I would like to know what my cards are. I had a look at doing it myself but found it a bit confusing !

Thanks in advance, Gary.

The day, the month and year, added up, (according to the way Mary Greer presents it in her book) to 2000 which when added up (2+0+0+0 =) 2. That would mean that The High Priestess is your Peronality card. Other cards in this triad are Judgment - 20 (2+0 = 2) and Justice - 11 (1+1 = 2). The Justice and Judgment cards would be your Soul and Hidden Factor cards respectively (if I'm understanding the chart correctly).

tabi

betille said:
This is neat! Here's what I got:

Personality card: Justice (11)
Soul card: The High Priestess (2)
Year card: The Lovers (6)

How do you figure out the Shadow card?

And what is the application of this? Other than curiosity/interest...

Not everyone has a Shadow card, I believe it is on this page, or one or two before it that explains the details if you wanna it.

As to the purpose of the Soul/Personality cards, this is kinda giving you an idea of what your goal is in this particular life time.

The Year card is going to be more of what lessons, conflicts, or simply experiences you're going to be dealing with this year. With yours showing as the Lovers I wouldn't be surprised to either see a major relationship decision or some type of decision being made.

tabi

Nebulus said:

Thanks in advance, Gary.

Shiresun has got ya right. Your Soul/Personality card is that of the High Priestess and your Year card since it is so close will be 13 Death, and really don't panic cuz it really isn't that bad. Just a lot of chances going on is all. Occasionally it could imply a death of a family member but that is rare.

Quick Explain on how we get this:

Soul/Personality:

09+
10+
1981=
------

2+0+0+0=2

Year:

09+
10+
2010=
-----