Once Upon A Time Cards

franniee

OK LB - the scan isn't great - my machine is giving me trouble but here are a few more cards to see.....

Attachments

• onceupon.jpg
    onceupon.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 95

robinchun

room said:
Being a reclusive hermit who rarely goes out of the house, I have no one to play with!

I can see though where, depending on the personal situation, these would be remarkable to play with. Thanks for clarifying the Interrupt cards etc.

I liked the description of their linen-like finish on Amazon. Yummy.

So can you play on your own?

Robin

room

robinchun said:

Oh yeah, I'm sure you could putter away. I think the twists and turns of Story might not manifest themselves in such a dramatic way as with other people, but you never know.

When I was a kid I used to play Monopoly and Sorry alone. . . and Scrabble.

You just pretend.

Little Baron

Thanks for the scans Frannie.

They look interesting. I am not so sure that they would be right for me as an oracle, but I bet some could make some interesting reads with them. You'll have to let us know if you give it a go.

LB

DoctorArcanus

robinchun said:

Yesterday I bought the deck and I used it in this way:

* I picked ten "story" cards and kept them covered
* I picked two face-up "ending" cards, so that I could choose one of them.

I initially uncovered two story cards, then one at a time, so that at any moment I could see the card I was making up the story for, plus a single look ahead card. Rather soon, I mentally decided which one of the two endings I was going to use.

The result was a three pages long fairy tale (after finishing it, I thought I had to write it down). I am not a good storyteller, and I found these cards incredibly helpful. I think they are great to play on your own! :)

fairyhedgehog

I've got these cards too and I've had fun playing the game with them. We didn't use them as much as I expected, though.

I've uploaded a scans of some pictures and some ending cards, with the relevant backs, here.