One Deck Wonder Resurrected

Chiriku

Can you take the pictures off your smart phone and put them right on the computer? Hook the phone up to the computer and transfer the files straight from the phone to the computer? Seems quicker than emailing?

I could do this and have done it a few times, but I prefer the ease and portability of a cordless "system" for transferring photos. I'd like to be able to do it instantly, on demand, from wherever I am.

Miss Divine

I haven't touched my cards (or any other cards) the last several days. I obviously didn't take enough time to really get better from the flu. Went back to work way too soon and I am back to having fever along with the aches and pains. I have off tomorrow thank god!

Glad everyone is still enjoying their ODW journey! :)

Madame Squee

It's my one-month anniversary with the ODW! It's been such a great addition to my life, I'm so glad I started it. And I really enjoy interacting with everyone else on the journey :) This and the Daily Draws thread are the first places I go on AT in the morning. I've been learning a lot and making great connections.

Anyone on the fence about doing an ODW...I highly recommend you join us!!! There's nothing quite like it :D

Hear, hear!!! Happy anniversary, Tarot Orat! I've only been at this for 12 days, but One Deck Wonder is turning out to be the most fun I've ever had in my Tarot journey! I'm enjoying my cards, and I'm loving the rest from searching for that illusive Perfect Deck. I already have it! It's in my hands for the next 353 days, and I feel relaxed and focused. This is what I was hoping for. :love:

Tarot Orat

I haven't touched my cards (or any other cards) the last several days. I obviously didn't take enough time to really get better from the flu. Went back to work way too soon and I am back to having fever along with the aches and pains. I have off tomorrow thank god!

((((hugs)))) Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you are getting a chance to rest up and heal!

Hear, hear!!! Happy anniversary, Tarot Orat! I've only been at this for 12 days, but One Deck Wonder is turning out to be the most fun I've ever had in my Tarot journey! I'm enjoying my cards, and I'm loving the rest from searching for that illusive Perfect Deck. I already have it! It's in my hands for the next 353 days, and I feel relaxed and focused. This is what I was hoping for. :love:

Thank you! :) And it's so great to hear about how well your journey is going, too. That feeling of relief and relaxation every day just knowing I don't have to pick a deck, knowing I've got my ODW friend waiting for me in the morning, is something I didn't expect and am really grateful for. So happy that so many of us are so happy!

Madame Squee

(((Miss Divine)))

You have my prayers for return to full health and strength! Please take good care of yourself and pay attention to that fever. :heart::heart:

I was home for 2 weeks with it and had a course of Zithromax, which saved me from pneumonia, I am certain. My doctor also recommended rest and Black Elderberry syrup, 1 teaspoon 4 times a day. It fights viruses. Health food stores have it, of course, but my husband also found it at Safeway in the health food section.

Peace.

xox:*

Squee

AmberFox

ODW is the best thing EVER!!!

Next to my partner and chocolate and my cat and Chinese food!!!
LOL

For every one who has been suffering with flu etc hope you feel better soon. I've been having a bad cold but still read a card every day. Like I said before I am a month in like tarot orat!! (Congrats my sweet lets go for another month!!!) and tonight it's my 4th long weekly reading and I can wait!!

This is the longest I've ever been able to do a card reading every day and it makes me feel so good, so connected with my cards my craft and just overall life. Stressful situations are easier to cope with cause the cards give so much guidence.

Keep up with it every one and BB

Chiriku

New thread in Your Readings

I went ahead and posted that thread in Your Readings -------> Daily Draws sub-forum for us to put formal readings (i.e. readings meant to answer a specific question or subject) with our ODW deck.

Here's the link:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3476474#post3476474

You'll recall I speculated that this is where the mods would want it based on their moving an analogous thread (for the Deck of the Week group) into that sub-forum last year, with an explanation that they'd talked it over and felt that was the best sub-forum for such a thread.

Personally, I think we should have another subforum for specifically that type of reading--a non-draw, non-daily reading for oneself for which we are not asking for interpretory feedback (although that would be allowed--just not compulsory, as it would not be a sub-forum directed towards learning the way that the larger Your Readings forum is).

I am going to post in the new thread shortly and invite you all to join me there, even if you have not posted your own reading. I hope the mods allow this, as there's no other place on the site for us to do this; this thread would split off into a million tangents if people posted formal readings here, and Chat does not welcome all of our non-subscribing members of ODW.

Disa

I could do this and have done it a few times, but I prefer the ease and portability of a cordless "system" for transferring photos. I'd like to be able to do it instantly, on demand, from wherever I am.

OH! I didn't realize that's what you were going for a cordless "system". I get what you mean now.

Oh, I hope you feel better really soon, Miss Divine. Rest up, get well :)

As for me I did reach the one month mark last Monday, so I'm at one month and almost a week. I had planned to go at least until the Spring equinox, but that is now so close I may stretch until Beltane. I will play it by ear, but I feel no need to stop using this deck at this point. I'm beginning to think a full year is doable, and should really be a great learning experience to go through the entire wheel of the year with one deck. I'll have to think about it. I'm sure I would need some stipulation about reading for others- the time will come when I will want to use a diff deck for someone else's reading. We'll see. BUT- so far so good, and I go along merrily- not trudging a path, not dreading the work, just loving every minute of it!

missy

The Hobbit Tarot

I am slipping back in with the same deck I was using previously and the same rules.

I will probably not be able to work with it every day due to a personal matter, but I will work with it whenever I can.

I have continued to work with it while I was away.

I want to thank Eyebright and Tarot Orat for their kind thoughts. :) :heart:

For now, I have finished rereading "The Hobbit," which for me is a necessity in working with this deck. Next comes going through the LWB card by card and reading about each of the scenes to familiarize myself with which scene from the book is being portrayed.

Tarot Orat

Welcome back, missy! (((hugs)))