One Deck Wonder

bleuivy

Thanks! Just wanted some clarification. :)

Satori

LOL, bleuivy I'm very glad you are aboard on this list.
You are wonderful, and your gift of clarification is good for us.
thanks babe. :*

PlatinumDove

Sounds good to me! :)

Satori

Eager beaver reading for jewel-ry...

J if you opt for a different question I'll do another reading.
But for now, here is your reading.

What will Jewel-ry's primary lesson be during her time with the International Icon.

Three of Swords
My immediate reaction was to curse and use a horrible four letter word starting with f. Which is not professional and no way to be, so I apologise.

This card is very enigmatic.
Because behind the heart is this purple draping, that looks like a cape, a headless cape, with folds and wrinkles in it...and the heart with the brilliant white swords stuck into it.

These swords are so white that they seem almost ghostly. Pure for sure, but otherwordly. The cape reminds me of a Pastor's gown or a King's or Queen's raimant.

The heart is somehow visible, as if it has traveled from behind the robe out into view so that we can all see, that this person't heart is pure, that the heart of the person being read for is willing to be pierced by extreme scrutiny. And that no imperfection will be found in the looking.

I think Jewel-ry that your study of the Icon is a pure endeavor.
That you have certain fears of your commitment to the task, but that you are being honest with yourself about them and still, you are moved to do this.
I think that you worry that you will disappoint yourself, that somehow you will betray your own commitment and not have what it takes to do this.

And I am pretty sure that even if there are bumps in the road, this card indicates you can do it as long as you continue to keep your heart (your inner motivation) pure.

Jewel-ry

What will elf's primary lesson be during her time with the International Icon

Death

I had a premonition I was going to pull this card just a split second before doing so. It is so apt for you. This is a huge task you have undertaken, a year is a long time but look how he rides towards the sun. Every day between now and then will be a step closer to the new you. Towards the transformation that this exercise almost inevitably will produce.

I see you as the person standing in yellow, whilst all around are falling by the wayside, that's not to say that I think the rest of us will fail but I think there will be casualties along the way. Some who simply wont quite have the commitment that you have. You stand tall and strong in your belief in this exercise.

Life is all about lessons and you are going to learn a big one. One in which you discover that in order to gain things have to change.

You are likely to go through several phases along the way. At times you will feel as if you are growing as a reader, at other times you will feel quite emotional about the journey and perhaps feel as if you are sailing along and not really getting anywhere but there will come a time when you begin to feel more stable and confident in your abilities and in the final hour all will reveal itself and you will have a realisation that the whole epic journey has been worthwhile.

Oh my, just started writing and there it was. Never done that before, usually have to put so much more thought into my readings.

~

Jewel-ry

elf said:
This card is very enigmatic.
Because behind the heart is this purple draping, that looks like a cape, a headless cape, with folds and wrinkles in it...and the heart with the brilliant white swords stuck into it.

These swords are so white that they seem almost ghostly. Pure for sure, but otherwordly. The cape reminds me of a Pastor's gown or a King's or Queen's raimant.

The heart is somehow visible, as if it has traveled from behind the robe out into view so that we can all see, that this person't heart is pure, that the heart of the person being read for is willing to be pierced by extreme scrutiny. And that no imperfection will be found in the looking.

I think Jewel-ry that your study of the Icon is a pure endeavor.
That you have certain fears of your commitment to the task, but that you are being honest with yourself about them and still, you are moved to do this.
I think that you worry that you will disappoint yourself, that somehow you will betray your own commitment and not have what it takes to do this.

And I am pretty sure that even if there are bumps in the road, this card indicates you can do it as long as you continue to keep your heart (your inner motivation) pure.

This is a great interpretation for this card elf! I have never been one to see this card as heartbreak anyway. I had to laugh at your blaspheming episode for I have done this myself at times and it is sometimes tempting to pull other cards but that is not something I do and always feel you have to go with the card(s) as pulled.

I have had fears about my commitment especially when the Fairytale arrived but I did as lark said, looked through the cards, satisfied my curiosity and put it away for now. The uncanny thing is though that I did feel like I was betraying baba and Alex, like I was snubbing their deck, which of course I am not. I even pm'd kissa with that same feeling yesterday. I know right now that it will (eventually) sit alongside the ToP as being in my favourites.

Anyway, I find it strange that you should pull this card as I was looking at it just before bed last night and saw the purple robe exactly as you do, right down to the headless part!

It is a commitment and I am one who tries to stick with things right through to the end so...bring it on..........

Thanks elf, wonderful

P.S. I am more enthralled by this exercise and deck every day!

~

fluffy

Elf & Jewel-ry - I really liked your takes on the cards that you drew.

LB - we can do it anytime you like and on this thread for now it appears. I will be doing yours today so would you like the same question? "What will LittleBuddhas primary lesson be during his time with the Buddha?"

ps. I read your reading in the Rex & was very impressed I think you saw the cards in a very flowing light as oppose to card by card :)

I am also hoping that when I am desperate to get my Fey out as the Buddha is making no sense, that someone here will tell me it is ok & that I can do it!

Love Fluffy
x

Little Baron

Hi Fluffy

Yes, that question is fine by me and I will do the same for you later on in the day.

I was feeling a little distanced from the Buddha when I read for Azarial last night. I looked at the cards and thought 'what do these mean'. I looked the first two cards of the nine up in Places' book and to be honest, that was little to no help. For example, in the card 'Two of Lotuses', there is a long and detailed explanation about the milk that the two women are pouring. It speaks about it's healing power and says that card is linked to love, but little else. So after a few minutes of this, I abandoned the book and went with the reading cold. I started working with what I felt, rather than what I thought. The reading started to come together. It started to feel right and make sense. I wasn't sure whether it would make sense to Azarial but was very pleased that it did, when I read her feedback this morning - it can be found in the thread 'Little Buddha's Temple'. Now that I have gotten from the cards what I could intuitively, I am going to look at the symbols with Place's book and my buddhist symbol directory to delve a little deeper and try to offer some pointers for her. This was a good starter experience because I did exceed my expectations of reading with this deck, somewhat.

LB

fluffy

For LittleBuddha

Your card is 9 Jewels - this card shows a vase one of the eight auspicious symbols, from out of it have come nine jewels. This card speaks of treasure and prosperity.

I think this refers to the spiritual wealth you will attain from using only this deck, there is much to learn here that cannot happen over just a short period of time. The vase shows the jewels still coming out of it, where will it end? Is the treasure limitless? You will be surprised and pleased with the amount you take away from this exercise, the jewels are precious like diamonds which are one of the hardest susbstances on the planet showing that once you have learnt the lessons they will remain with you for always.

I hope you liked it, I didn't look at the LWB although I am just about to take a peek now & see how close I was to what R. Place intimated.

Love Fluffy
x

Attachments

• 9 Jewels.jpg
    9 Jewels.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 99

Little Baron

Thanks Fluffy,

For everyone else, this post is NOT Buddha Tarot specific

I think that makes a lot of sense. I think that the endless suply of jewels, as well as being a lot to discover, have also been a little over-whelming as I begin this exercise. I have done two readings with the deck and each time, to begin with, I have sat there looking at them, wondering what the hell they are trying to tell me. And then ... I see the colours of the suits that wind through the reading - the red hot lotuses and the bright shining yellow jewels, unfolding amongst the other cards. In both readings, a Buddha and Sakti turned up from the same suit. Why were they sitting together in one reading? Why were they parted in another? These were the questions I had to start asking.

Sometimes, when I have looked through this deck in the past, it has seemed on the cold side. This is a funny observation because it is similar to how the Thoth felt before I spend any deal of time with it. As the last layout still sits on my altar, the cards are literally bursting with colour and energy in a way that I have never seen them before. The red of the lotus courts looks like it would literally burn you if you touched them, which I thought was important in my last reading. I had exactly the same experience with the Thoth when I began to work with it - the colours grew deeper and bled into one another, providing new layers of interpretation and mood throughout the reading.

I was nearly very naughty today. I visted a shop and asked them to unlock their tarot cabinet - I was curious to what decks lay under the vast stacks of packs behind the glass door. So they slid it open and there I was, sifting between the 'Giant Rider Waite' and the 'Tarot of the Cat People', moving the 'Golden Dawn' deck aside to reach behind and get a closer look at the 'Golden Rider'; parting more decks to get a hold on the 'Haindl'. I looked closely at the Haindl because I had previously told myself that if I happened to come into contact with it, it would be mine. I pulled the deck from the box and viewed the shrink-wrapped package. Yep, it looked nice, and boy, did it feel good in my hands - nice, weightly and smooth. And then I thought about the Buddha Tarot and the promises I had made to myself here. Did I need another deck? No, of course I didn't. Did I want another deck? Yes, of course I did. But it wasn't just because I wanted to read with it and study it. It was that moment, sitting in the back of the car where it would slip out of the shrink-wrap and I would feel it glide into a fan amongst my hands - I am sure that you can all relate to that!

I put it back and the cabinet was closed. I grabbed some prayer beads from another shelf, paid for them and left.

The Buddha does feel good tonight and it is because it seems to be working. As you say, there are enough jewels within it to keep me occupied and as much as I enjoy working with it intuitively, I also enjoy the research around the different animals, symbols and Buddhist tools. It really is enlightening. There does not seem to be many Buddha readers here, and even though that is a shame in some ways, it is also nice to read with a deck that has not been touched on so much. I don't call up the pictures from any other decks when I read with this one and my knowledge of Kings and Queens, as well as the other courts from decks I have studied in the past have no place here. It is totally fresh - a brand new story with no interferance. Also, in terms of the Majors, having the story of Shakyamuni woven between them holds them together nicely in my mind - knowing a little about the characters and how they interact.

I am glad that I have passed my first test and did not purchase today, even though I was tempted. I think that my reading this evening was a pleasant reward.

Fluffy, I will do your one card reading tomorrow evening. I hope that that is okay.

Best,
LB