One of the greatest decks ever is...

rwcarter

My partner owns it. It's a beautiful deck. I would definitely use it for a Majors-only reading. (I'm not into pips at this point in my tarot journey. That may come at some point, but not right now.)

Rodney

Seafra

AJ said:
Pretty plain pips for 155 dollars! :) But then I'm a bottom feeder deck buyer. For me to pay that kind of money the artist would have to come to my home and draw them individually just for me. Does that de-enable you enough?
ROFL Your post disturbed the quiet in my home and perhaps the neighbor's too.

Mateo06

How are the size of the cards. Huge? they look huge on the web. I am hopeing no bigger than the robin wood deck. Or it isn't going to be used often

Rosanne

I collect Scapini Card work. I have this deck, but I have other choioces that take precedence for reading.
6.50cm wide 12cm tall
or
2 1/2 inches wide by 4 3/4 tall.

For me I love the artwork and colour- but interestingly sitters could not instantly recognise the image- too much going on.

~Rosanne

Mateo06

Awesome. Just about the same size as one I am use to. Getting it next month. I owe myself that!!! Didn't buy myself anything yet for quitting smoking (now I am just making up excuses), but I've always wanted it since i saw it.

weaver

faunabay said:
House of Tarot has the Vetrate for $29.99. And their prices usually include shipping. :)

http://www.houseoftarot.com/product_info.php?ref=3&products_id=134&affiliate_banner_id=1
I think they are currently charging for shipping BUT do give Aeclectic folks a discount off their purchase totals. (I can't remember the exact amount but it is either 10 or 15%.) When making a purchase, simply type the word "aeclectic" in the boxed space provided toward the end of the check out process to receive the discount. :)

Sue

nisaba

AJ said:
Pretty plain pips for 155 dollars! :) But then I'm a bottom feeder deck buyer. For me to pay that kind of money the artist would have to come to my home and draw them individually just for me. Does that de-enable you enough?

I do love my Medieval Scapini, his drawings in that deck are full of sly fun.

<sharply> We're not de-enabling here!

<gasp> I bought mine last year for around forty dollars at the Tarotgarden, they still have it up not as OOP but as out of stock.

And the pips work for me. No, most of them are not illustrated, but they are very highly decorated, and in many of them, especially Cups and Wands, the style of decoration in each one tells you something about hte meaning. It's quite possible to use them in the same way as an illustrated-pip deck.

You've got to admit the colours are gorgeous, the Majors and Courts are stunning, and the stonework surrounding the "windows" is lovely - until you look at the fine detail and work out that he only did it once and used it for all teh cards, rather than having individual windows for each one.

I for one am extremely happy I have it, and the cardstock is excellent.

Aerin

Got mine from Alida.

Can't believe the prices charged on ebay.

It's a pretty deck and the pips are more than just plain pips. I'm with nisaba on this. It reminds me of the Pearls of Wisdom somehow, slightly less going on though (thank goodness).

Aerin