Oracle of the Dragonfae.....anyone interested??

FatesLady

Still waiting... geeze! Apparently the stock was low or something and should ship next week. I'm really looking forward to these.

FayCarol

I just received my Dragonfae today and they started talking to me straight out of the box! I can't believe how talkative they are, and of course they had something they wanted me to do straight away. After going thru the cards, I started reading the book and was only on the 6th or 7th card meaning when I couldn't ignore their bellowing any longer and had to do as they wanted. So I called my hairdresser and told her that the fae wants to talk to her and the hairdresser that works with her. Especially wants to talk to the other hairdresser. I have been doing readings for them since I got my first deck back in March but the Dragonfae are the first to request/demand that I do a reading. So I am waiting for the ladies to call me to set up a time.
The deck is beautiful, I like all the cards. The book is easy to read and describes the cards perfectly. I know I am going to enjoy working with the Dragonfae, I just hope I can keep up with them, lol. They are very communicative. I asked them how well we are going to work together and while shuffling Chumara jumped out of the deck. From what I read we are going to work well together. I am so excited about them.

Blessings,
FayCarol

NorthernTigress

My Dragonfae deck arrived a few days ago (or was it longer?). I really like the cards, and have had good experiences reading with them. Also some rather "interesting" experiences. ;)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=122897

My only issue with this deck so far is that the cards are HUGE. It's the only deck I own that is actually bigger than my Tarot of Dreams. Shuffling is awkward to say the least.

FayCarol

I did some readings for my hairdresser and her partner and they were great. The one they were telling me to read for got some good advice and she was very happy with the readings. My hairdresser asked a question and they gave her such a 'in your face' reading that they had her in tears. She said this was the best reading I have given her.
I have also done a couple of readings for myself and they were very eye-opening. I am so glad I got this deck.
There are a couple of cards that I am not sure of the meanings and will need to work some more with them but on the whole I understand their messages.
Would anyone like to start a study group for this deck, I would be very eager for one.

Blessings,
FayCarol

NorthernTigress

I'd love to see a study group for this one. I'm new at oracles, and I need to learn. Plus, we can't let the Froudians have all the fun. ;) :joke:

Bernice

I've been looking at the scans of this deck. I do like the artwork, but can someone let me know why the card number (42) Dreamcatcher has the text "Dreaming your Wisdom" at the bottom?

I understood that a 'dreamcatcher' ensnares bad dreams, prevents them from reaching you (i.e: protecting your sleeping unconscious mind).

Does it explain in the LWB?

Bee :)

NorthernTigress

Bernice said:
I've been looking at the scans of this deck. I do like the artwork, but can someone let me know why the card number (42) Dreamcatcher has the text "Dreaming your Wisdom" at the bottom?

I understood that a 'dreamcatcher' ensnares bad dreams, prevents them from reaching you (i.e: protecting your sleeping unconscious mind).

Does it explain in the LWB?

The Oracle of the Dragonfae doesn't have a Little White Book. Instead, it has a "magickal guidebook" about 160 pages. There is much more detail in the guide than the (sometimes simplistic) words written on the cards.

The card interpretation for Dreamcatcher starts with the following:

"I am the Dragonfae being who comes in the night, who travels through the dimensions to the doorway of the worlds. I will stand while you sleep and send you messages that you can unravel in your waking hours. All that is no longer needed will come to me, if you allow it, and I will catch it in the web between my hands, lit up by the light that travels from the solar plexus of the Universe, that being you call Sun, but which I call Bel. This Bel shines through your day and at night I reflect that light into you, cleansing what is irritating and difficult for you, but keeping that which you need to move forward."

Divinatory meanings, also from the guide book, include prophetic dreams, dreams of elders speaking with you, seeking out your dreams purposefully. Also, during the day, finding feathers, or receiving messages from bird-beings or Wise Women. Finally, this card is associated with air; especially deep, healthful breathing.

Bernice

NorthernTigress: Also, during the day, finding feathers, or receiving messages from bird-beings or Wise Women. Finally, this card is associated with air; especially deep, healthful breathing.
oooer.... I've often found feathers. Got a small collection of them. Very odd that the fae I asked about is connected with feathers!
I will stand while you sleep and send you messages that you can unravel in your waking hours. All that is no longer needed will come to me, if you allow it, and I will catch it in the web between my hands,.....
...."all that is no longer needed". Hopefully this also covers negative/not wanted things :).

Thank you NT.

NorthernTigress

Bernice said:
oooer.... I've often found feathers. Got a small collection of them. Very odd that the fae I asked about is connected with feathers!

:D Seems like you might be getting messages from someone.

...."all that is no longer needed". Hopefully this also covers negative/not wanted things :).

I think that's where "if you allow it" comes in. You can only let go of the negative if you aren't consciously or unconsciously holding on to it.

Thank you NT.

You're welcome. I'm new to oracles, but they say the best way to learn is by teaching!

Bernice

NorthernTigress: I think that's where "if you allow it" comes in. You can only let go of the negative if you aren't consciously or unconsciously holding on to it.
Ah-hah! If you put up a Dreamcatcher before sleeping in order to banish 'negativity', you're physically reinforcing a positive intention to do just that!

I like oracles.... but I don't have a 'fairy' one. This deck might break the mould!