Oracle of the Mermaids- Lucy Cavendish

Briar Rose

I really want to order this deck. So- if you're not connecting with yours, let me know. I watched all the Youtube video's with Lucy and Selina. The impression I got from the readings they showed the viewers is that it's a deck for you, if your looking for introspection, and wanting more intuitive awareness, answers and guidence for relating and expressing yourself.

There were parts of the book were read aloud, and it seems it was written with a loving and kind heart to guide users to different thinking patterns and paths. So I like it.

I watched a new, 3 hour documentary on the discovery channel on Mermaids. 2.5 million years ago, when man first appear on earth, some went to the waters and evolved and adapted over time. So, yes I have always believed in mermaids. And when my dad was in the navy during WW2, he saw one. I have a huge bronze Mermaid that sits on my desk from the cape. She's soothing and beautiful.

It's such a lovely deck for guidence and emotion.

morganesky

I really want to order this deck. So- if you're not connecting with yours, let me know. I watched all the Youtube video's with Lucy and Selina. The impression I got from the readings they showed the viewers is that it's a deck for you, if your looking for introspection, and wanting more intuitive awareness, answers and guidence for relating and expressing yourself.

There were parts of the book were read aloud, and it seems it was written with a loving and kind heart to guide users to different thinking patterns and paths. So I like it.

I watched a new, 3 hour documentary on the discovery channel on Mermaids. 2.5 million years ago, when man first appear on earth, some went to the waters and evolved and adapted over time. So, yes I have always believed in mermaids. And when my dad was in the navy during WW2, he saw one. I have a huge bronze Mermaid that sits on my desk from the cape. She's soothing and beautiful.

It's such a lovely deck for guidence and emotion.

That is exactly how it read for me in the beginning, and i hope I can recapture that emotional magic, as it was very healing. My own fault and lesson learned. I will stop reading critiques when things have already clicked in the positive!

Briar Rose

You just stay on track and keep away from negativity.

When I get my cards (I have to order them and Amazon said they were out last I looked) I am going to sit by the water on a sunny day, open my heart chakra and get into a meditative state and see what the cards have in store for me.

And if you want to exchange a reading at some point (when I get the cards) let me know.

Miss Divine

Since when is an honest opinion 'negativity'? I don't let someone else's opinion turn me off of a deck if I like and click with it.

tarotcognito

Since when is an honest opinion 'negativity'? I don't let someone else's opinion turn me off of a deck if I like and click with it.
Perhaps what Briar Rose was referring to with regards to negativity was that morganesky shouldn't feel uncertain (i.e. negative) about the deck after reading our opinions of it. Briar may not have meant to say that our opinions/critiques were negative. :)

The cards themselves are gorgeous for the most part. I've said that from the very beginning. And the keywords and phrases make sense with the imagery for nearly all the cards. It's the divinatory content in the guidebook which Miss Divine and I found to be somewhat lacking in substance.

I wrote a review of this deck and posted it on Amazon.com. I gave it 4 stars out of 5 in spite of my few reservations. :) I submitted my review to Solandia here at AE. Maybe it will be up and available for reading in the near future. :)

morganesky

When I get my cards (I have to order them and Amazon said they were out last I looked) I am going to sit by the water on a sunny day, open my heart chakra and get into a meditative state and see what the cards have in store for me.

And if you want to exchange a reading at some point (when I get the cards) let me know.

Sounds lovely :) My first reading at the Taurus New Moon was sensitive, accurate and very therapeutic. It helped me to navigate some tricky waters, which was much needed. I am going to skip this Gemini New Moon, as it is not overly connected for me. But the Capricorn Full Moon is on my birthday and the Cancer New Moon also works well for me, so it will all work out in the end :)

morganesky

Nothing mentioned here has turned me off the deck, my comment was more stating that I noticed the flaws mentioned, which took away a bit of the new purchase/first reading magic.

I know I was not endeavoring to insult anyone for having an opinion and I am sure Briar Rose wasn't either.

Briar Rose

Since I saw this deck, and watched the video's on Youtube, I am taking an interest in the moon phases too. Before I saw this thread, I printed out a bunch of stuff and made a post about it in Crystals. And now seeing your post about the different moons that also correrate to the celestial signs, I bet working with this decks ties everything together. I have to find those and print them out too.

Wow! wonderful.

morganesky

Since I saw this deck, and watched the video's on Youtube, I am taking an interest in the moon phases too. Before I saw this thread, I printed out a bunch of stuff and made a post about it in Crystals. And now seeing your post about the different moons that also correrate to the celestial signs, I bet working with this decks ties everything together. I have to find those and print them out too.

Wow! wonderful.

It's definitely a great idea and when a particular phase connects strongly with your chart, your readings will have even more meaning. I think this deck is built for lunar work! If you wold like me to have a look at your chart and send you through some times where there are strong connections, I am more than happy to do so. Just pm me your birth details in day/month/year and your time of birth :)

Miss Divine

Nothing mentioned here has turned me off the deck, my comment was more stating that I noticed the flaws mentioned, which took away a bit of the new purchase/first reading magic.

I know I was not endeavoring to insult anyone for having an opinion and I am sure Briar Rose wasn't either.

I know you weren't morganesky. I have a tarot deck that gets put down quite a bit by some friends and aquaintances. I understand their point of view, and some of the things I actually agee with. But I still love this deck and it cracks me up every time they start bitchin' about it when I have it out. In case you wondered what deck I am referring to, it's the Vampyres. No matter how much critique this deck gets, it's one of my favorite babies!:)