Oracle of the Mermaids- Lucy Cavendish

Briar Rose

I know, sometimes a deck works for me, and sometimes I don't understand how to read with it at all. I am right with you there.

morganesky

I know you weren't morganesky. I have a tarot deck that gets put down quite a bit by some friends and aquaintances. I understand their point of view, and some of the things I actually agee with. But I still love this deck and it cracks me up every time they start bitchin' about it when I have it out. In case you wondered what deck I am referring to, it's the Vampyres. No matter how much critique this deck gets, it's one of my favorite babies!:)

Mine too! They really need to give it a solid go as there is so much more to that deck!

Briar Rose

not to get off topic, but I am a total Vampire lover!

But I am sticking to the Mermaids (hopefully) and some other celestial type of oracle or tarot to go along with it. I just don't know what yet.

tarotcognito

I have got to revisit my Vampyres deck. One of the best Wheel cards I've seen in any deck. But there are a handful of other cards that feel kind of "meh" to me and whose visual elements feel really wimpy and don't convey a clear meaning to me.

Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread. Back on topic. Yes, I really do like the Mermaids Oracle overall. It's gorgeous. Everytime I've pulled a card, I have found its message totally relevant to my situation. I really do like it a lot. :)

Miss Divine

But I am sticking to the Mermaids (hopefully) and some other celestial type of oracle or tarot to go along with it. I just don't know what yet.

Since you also love the VR tarot, pair it up with the Mermaids oracle. I guarantee you they work excellent together!! If you think of anything else, let me know.

lalalibra

I've been wanting this deck for a while now! I love the other Lucy Cavendish decks that I have; particularly Wild Wisdom of the Faery oracle and Oracle of Shadows & Light.

So I hear this deck is good for relationship readings... Would any of you say this is a good deck for the emotions in general (in a less relationship oriented way)? Not sure if that question makes sense...

I suppose, actually, that I'm mainly interested in hearing further opinions on the deck in general, as it's been released for some time now. The artwork is breathtaking, but I'm wondering more about how people actually feel about and use the deck. I'd love to hear more about how it compares to her other decks.

Penthasilia

When you find it- please post!

I am on a celestial-type hunt! I have been thinking of the mermaids for a while- and am so glad you posted this, as it did strike me as very celestial, but knowing that someone else who has it sees/feels that connection, it makes me more prone to getting one.

I have the celestial tarot- probably the best "celestial" deck for tarot. I will most likely get the mermaids if it has that feel. I bought the sirian starseed, and while it gives awesome readings, I find it unattractive for the most part. So if you can find another oracle/tarot deck that fits the celestial bill- please pass it on! :love:

Thanks again for posting this- back to Amazon to add to the wish list, i.e. the next paycheck list. :p

LotusSong

So far for me, it does wonderful weekly draws. When I couple it with another deck, it tends to overpower the other cards and become the focus. It works absolutely beautifully with the Tarot of the Sidhe, and I suspect it would get along with the Dream Oracle and Art Through The Eyes Of The Soul Oracle. It is very emotive, and tends to highlight how people are feeling or the overall emotions of a situation. I've gotten draws that were both baffling (Five of Swords + Divine Sexuality as a positive?!) and draws that were as clear as crystal. There are a few cards that I still don't really understand what they mean in the context of a reading - The Present and Farewell To The Moon come to mind. It certainly has a great emotional range and range of meanings than my other deck published by Blue Angel (the Kuan Yin Oracle).

I find some of the meanings in the companion book to be a little uninspired and narrow or just..... very.... (one card suggests you might be recovering past-life memories of being a dolphin, or a person from Atlantis), but overall they help flesh out the keywords on the cards into something you can confidently interpret. There is, as you could expect, a large focus on connecting to water and the ocean along with an emphasis on not repressing your feelings and desires. Overall the companion book is pretty good, although I had to raise my eyebrows at the implications of some of her statements (such as the physical existence of mermaids).

laurajane

Got deck this week, already used it for a career reading

Hello all,

I've read through most of these posts here. I got my deck in the mail this week and had ordered it on ebay as used...I got it at a discount. I'm also quite poor so I really really must have wanted it.

Overall I agree that it is hard to shuffle, cards are kind of thin and maybe too much lamination. I love the artwork. I like the subtitles on the cards. I agree about the backs not being neutral for reading reversals. I don't like picking reversals either but it happens.

I did complete a tarot coaching session for a client and was able to use this oracle deck quite well. My client wanted to know how she could build her life coaching business and so I did a five card tarot spread with the Sharman-Caselli deck I added an Oracle at the top and then did an Oracle as a clarifier or at the end and one more at the end of a 4-5 month forecast.

The oracle cards I pulled were Atlantis reversed and Telepathy reversed + Receptivity.
I wrote: "they symbolize that she needs to believe more in what she is doing at this critical turning point. In addition this particular person has telepathic and clairaudient/clairvoyant abilities that she may use in her work to help heal and communicate with her clients. Also this points to a need for a more heart based approach to her coaching dynamic over a rational and mental approach."

My client did confirm that she has these abilities and also has done a past life regression and is working through some obstacles and blocked energy happening because of how two of her past lives ended. I did feel like the cards helped me to connect with her during the reading and also I personally feel like they do signal when you have a special psychic ability. I pulled three cards for my first reading that made a lot of sense to me because I do have psychic visions (although rare) and do astral travel, but most of my psychic ability happens while I sleep or am in a dream state. So the cards confirmed some things that I was already aware of but that I need to work on...for example getting back to keeping a dream journal and knowing that at least one of my spirit guides is a trustworthy spirit and I think accompanies me during my astral travel. Or just that I have a spirit guide that I can trust and confide in.

Anyways, I pulled a card today that was reversed and it was Coral's Wisdom. It made no sense along with my tarot spread as I feel that I am doing my best to be ecologically conscious. I mean I recycle, I ride a bike everywhere, I try to not eat very much meat...although not everything I buy is organic. I guess it was telling me to be more conscious of these things...and talked about preserving the reefs. I don't know, I guess there is always room for improvement in this area but I was really not in the mood for a lecture on it, you know? I do appreciate doing something about saving the reefs. I have been thinking about mayyybe getting scuba certification so I can volunteer somewhere working on a coral nursery. At the end of the day, I basically felt bad about not being a vegetarian more, and maybe not wearing organic clothing and eating organic food...and thought about what color coral I would like in my house and posted something on facebook about working on coral reefs to share the love.

Hope this helps, lol.

lalalibra

I got the Oracle of the Mermaids deck earlier this month. Some of the cards were printed/cut very off-center. Sometimes I let that go in a deck, but I just couldn't this time. The cards are seriously way too beautiful to be all crooked. Luckily, I've been able to exchange them, so I'm waiting on that... I'm really excited, but hoping this one will be fine! This has to be one of the most beautiful decks I've held. I just love the colors, the feel of it... It just felt incredible taking it out of the box. Absolutely gorgeous.

I had actually let what I'd heard about the cardstock being too thin deter me from getting this deck for a long time. I guess we all may have differing opinions about that sort of thing, but I really disagree about the cardstock being too thin in any way. I was pleasantly surprised. I think it's excellent (it's just like the Wild Wisdom of the Faery deck - thick, glossy).

I read the guidebook, but still need to get to know the deck more by actually working with it. But so far, I can say the images are stunning and the energy is captivating. So, so, sooo happy to finally have a deck all about Mermaids as I've always been very drawn to them. :)