Oracle of the Shapeshifters

DaughterOfDanu

Darnit- I was hoping to be the first of this bunch to get my deck :p
I'm hoping mine is there when I get home this evening before my second class but that's major wishful thinking as it's only been a week since they shipped.

Tarot Fairy

I ordered mine today! Hopefully it's here soon!

Ashtaroot

One is published by a US publisher (Beyond Words) and will only be available in April 2012, the other one is published by Blue Angel is available now.

There is also a price difference.

So it's the same thing right?
You have any thoughts on both publishers?
Thank you

IheartTarot

So it's the same thing right?
You have any thoughts on both publishers?
Thank you

Except for the quality maybe.

Blue Angel is good quality, I have no experience with the other publisher (not sure they have even published any decks before).

DaughterOfDanu

I just got mine in!
I took a giant step in life today and after coming home for a refueling nap I was woken up by a knock at the door!

First line of business was to see if they were the same size as my OSL and YES! They are. So I don't know quite about mix and match yet but it's a possibility.

Quite a few cards resonate with me. From just looking at the artwork there's a lot of feelings that really do come to surface. It may be because I haven't truly looked at my OSL but this deck seems to be a bit more focused on emotions vs situations.

There's quite a few ferret cards and one card with an albino rat. As both the owner of multiple ferrets and rats (My most affectionate one indeed an albino), I do love seeing my favorite furry creatures in my decks! Also many mermaid cards- which are my favorite mythical humanoids as well.

I'm not sure if I can use them just yet because of my previous deck/oracle commitment but from just looking at them this deck is a gorgeous sequel and VERY well thought out.

ETA: More info

So I looked through the booklet. From what I've skimmed it's really nice. It does make the oracle seem like it's somewhat sentient entity which some people don't like to think about the cards as such but rather just paper and ink. I do like to believe that there is some magic in the cards ;) There are a few spreads in it which I do like a lot actually.

In the readings they are just right on as the OSL is! One spread has a position about the physical body and what one needs to do to take care of themselves. I pulled a card that referenced really taking care of yourself which I also saw as learning to love my physical body- Exactly what I needed!!

I adore this deck- in the few hours I've had it and the few minutes I've worked with it I know its going to stay close to me just as my OSL does. I'll be looking into mixing them once I get to know the Shapeshifters a little better. Love, love, love it!!!!

IheartTarot

I adore this deck- in the few hours I've had it and the few minutes I've worked with it I know its going to stay close to me just as my OSL does. I'll be looking into mixing them once I get to know the Shapeshifters a little better. Love, love, love it!!!!

Thanks for the detailed feedback TreeLeafe! :love:

(not that I ever had any doubts about this deck ;) )

Tanjamuse

I can't wait to get mine ... My hubby bought it as a B-day present for me.