Oracle X

PsychicLord

misfitkits

In answer to your question, there are more than you expect in the way of parameters that impact the potential timeline.

Once of the important factors for Oracle-X is to avoid an 'out of print' scenario for any card. For many people Oracle-X has the potential to become their ultimate tool or deck. We wanted to ensure that owners could always purchase any card when they wanted, not just for this year, or next, but for years. This also avoids rarity issues, as no one card will 'run out'.

Oracle-X is here for the long term and we felt that part of O-X's excitement is that the cards on our 'Master List' are 'drip-fed' into publication. As a child I use to receive a weekly magazine called 'Tell Me Why'...... to receive a new issue each week was far superior for me than to being given all issues in one big lump.

Then we come to logistics, whilst all the 'Master List' cards have all been framed, with all keywords being designed to work with all cards....... the creation of individual images is a slower process.

We aim to make the Oracle-X one of the most comprehensive card decks available, with each card allowing its owner to create a very unique deck (if they so choose). Which brings me to the next parameter, sales. As purchases of the base deck slowly grow, this helps fund the costs involved in bringing such an extensive product to market (and keeping it fully UK based).

I wanted the O-X project to be as eco-friendly as possible, hence no plastic wrapping, and our carbon offset website (the O-X website energy usage is estimated, and trees are planted to offset the carbon). This costs us more than a standard website. We also at a later date plan to planet more trees to offset energy used in the production process, and to replace the trees used in the card stock (and box outer).

I guess this has led us to the question of timeline...... all I can really say at this stage, the first of the 'series 2' cards should appear early next year (Gift, Seed, Mask, Sponge, Microscope.........) once we have sold a total of 400 decks. These cards are numbered 201 upwards hence they will be very easy to spot when they are ready :)

misfitknits

i don't mean to rush you, i was just wondering if there even was an eta at this time. after all, i'm very excited about this deck!! ^_^

silverwings94

Still waiting for my deck to arrive so that I can review it. I am very anxious to see it and start working on it.

silverwings94

I'm beginning to wonder if customs has kept the package the deck is in. Still hasn't shown up and hope that it does either tomorrow or Saturday. The girls at the P.O. are going to call me if they see it come in.

PsychicLord

Well, if the intuitive level of the customs has risen recently, perhaps they have been borrowing the deck for a few days :)

Seriously though, it seems that the only deck to get across the pond has been one to Canada; those within Europe have all now arrived too.

Four decks have been dispatched to the US, and one to Brazil....... perhaps a heavy level of seasonal traffic has impacted delivery :(

I never did find an Australian reviewer, so have no other long distance destination to compare timings against.

Positive thinking - maybe they will arrive tomorrow!

silverwings94

I'm thinking with heightened security especially this time of the year and with all the things going on in the Mid-East thats why things coming into the USA is going to be really delayed. I'll give it another week and maybe Santa can intervene with Homeland Security and tell them that the deck isn't a national security threat,LOL.

MareSaturni

PsychicLord said:
Seriously though, it seems that the only deck to get across the pond has been one to Canada; those within Europe have all now arrived too.

Four decks have been dispatched to the US, and one to Brazil....... perhaps a heavy level of seasonal traffic has impacted delivery :(

Both seasonal traffic and customs must be delaying the delivery. Brazil's custom is known for keeping the items for two weeks sometimes, making it take one month to arrive. :(

But at least the packages always arrive undamaged and unopened.

I can't wait for my deck to arrive! :love:

Golden Moon

silverwings94 said:
I'll give it another week and maybe Santa can intervene with Homeland Security and tell them that the deck isn't a national security threat,LOL.
Oh I hope they could hear you :D lol

Aerin

I ordered mine from amazon today and it said "out of stock" and "it will take ages" and so-on ... well it is now preparing for dispatch!

Guiding Cauldron

Hi everyone, hope you all get your lovely deck soon as so far I have enjoyed working with mine.

I havent worked with it on its own as yet but I have worked with it alongside another oracle deck , my playing cards, and its been really interesting work.

Not really sure what else to comment on at this time as I already gave my first impressions and feelings, cant wait to hear what everyone will be saying soon :)