Oracle X

PsychicLord

Just a quick note for all those of you that have ordered a copy of Oracle-X from www.oracle-x.com over this (11th/12th) weekend. All decks will be dispatched first class this afternoon (13th), and should be with you tomorrow morning (that is if the post is operating normally!).

Now the the weather has improved in Derbyshire, all decks ordered by 19:00 hrs are planned to be dispatched via First Class mail the next working day.

Those ordering via Amazon will have to be patient, until Amazon order from their wholesaler, and that wholesaler places an order with the publisher, we cannot do very much. Once an order is received, we will of course dispatch it next working day.

silverwings94

I do hope its here this week. We have a really bad snow storm aproaching with winter storm warnings in effect till wednesday. Right now I can't even see across the street and I have a very important dr. apt this afternoon, which I can't miss.
Thien its to the P.O. to get the mail.
Please Santa let my deck be waiting for me to get it.

MareSaturni

I have just received the Oracle-X

I was very excited when I opened the package! :D

The deck has been with me for just half an hour, but I have been playing and touching it, and wish to share some of my first impressions. This deck is going to live in my purse now, going with me wherever I go.

The deck arrived safely, the box was just a bit crushed, but I was able to 'uncrush' it so now it's good. I could not fully remove the little "protected" seal when I opened the box, somehow it's "stained" the lid, and I do not wish to damage it by trying to scrape it.

First think I noticed about the cards was the size - very good size. I have very small hands, and not very flexible I'm afraid, so big decks are always difficult for me to shuffle. Oracle-X has a good size for both shuffling and carrying around, even in small bags.

The lamination is silky and the cards are sturdy. I think that the dark border may be a bit of a problem for those who decide to use Oracle-X as their workhorse deck... it's nearly certain that the cards will eventually get worn and white at the edges because of the shuffling (specially if the reader uses a insertion shuffling method). All decks with dark borders have this problem, unfortunately.

But, at least the image of the card itself won't get any damage.

The extra cards I received are the following:
- Awareness (131)
- Closet (136)
- Laughter (139)
- Desire (147)
- Anvil (146)
- Peacock (148)

All cards have a gorgeous, soft and yet evocative art... except for the Anvil. The picture is not as beautiful as the others and I find that is seems to be simply a superlative version of the "Work" card. The lines of the image are dark, and it's full of black dots on it. For me, it was the only card that didné seem to belong in the deck. All others are part of the same universe and blend beautifully.

I read the leaflet that comes with the deck, and the runes thing left me a bit confused. Perhaps it's just because I'm so horrible with math, but I don't think I will be using it in my readings. I think I'll concentrate on the images and the words.

Well... these are just my first thoughts. Now I'll use the deck for 9 weeks and see if anything changes until it's time for me to write my review (mid-February, I think?). Maybe by then the Anvil will be my favorite card and those runes, my favorite aspect of the deck. Who knows? ;)

Guiding Cauldron

So glad you have your Marina!! You also have a card that I want top add to mine, the peacock :) Can't wait to hear what you think further after you study with it.

PsychicLord

Marina, I am so glad you eventually received your deck.

The little 'protected' seal is designed to leave a mark - the primary purpose of the feature is to protect the decks that might be on display in a retail outlet. I was worried that folk might try and open decks to 'acquire' particular cards that they were seeking. Its secondary purpose was to serve as a marker to me that that particular deck was 'ready to go'. The alternative was to use plastic sealing, but eco-wise I wanted to avoid that approach.

I was very interested in what you had to say about the 'anvil' card. My friend and artist Moon Willow, had a very bad fall back in the autumn and was unable to draw for many weeks. I remember, over a year earlier when we first embarked on 'artist phase' of this project, that for our first image 'crowd'. It took around a dozen versions before we were finally happy with the medium, style, and feel...... indeed if you look closly at this card you see many little events taking place.

Jorgen, my secondary artist stepped into feel the gap, 'anvil' was his first card, and due to time pressure, we only completed about 4 versions before we decided to 'road test' it. Opinions were 'mixed' but most folk liked the card (especially its industrial strength), so the decision was taken to include it. Jorgen has now perfected a style befitting Oracle-X, his latest image for the 'puppet' card (series 2) reflects a beautiful and moving image. When the next reprint of 'anvil' is due, we have already planned to rework the image to fit in with his latest style.

('anvil' was also brought forward from a later series, hence its close connection with 'work'. If 'anvil' and 'work' come up together during a reading.... a pretty strong message is being highlighted)

Turning to the 'runes' feature is purely optional, it is primary provided for 'left brained' individuals. Some early users have found this a very helpful feature and have no trouble with the math. Others use it via simple 'left' strong, 'right' weak formula. Maybe the easier to understand 'coloured' version that is provided on our website might assist.

The beauty of Oracle-X is that it is non-prescriptive, and owners can use the tool in anyway they choose........ after all it is their deck!

Overall, I have been so hearted to hear from many of the initial Oracle-X owners their stories of 'wonderful' experiences that they have encountered when using their deck. This has made all the months of effort and sleepless nights in bringing the deck to market so worthwhile.

MareSaturni

PsychicLord said:
The little 'protected' seal is designed to leave a mark - the primary purpose of the feature is to protect the decks that might be on display in a retail outlet. I was worried that folk might try and open decks to 'acquire' particular cards that they were seeking. Its secondary purpose was to serve as a marker to me that that particular deck was 'ready to go'. The alternative was to use plastic sealing, but eco-wise I wanted to avoid that approach.

That's truly brilliant David! I don't mind really, I just found it woth mentioning because some people may not like it. Personally, I couldn't care less!

PsychicLord said:
Jorgen, my secondary artist stepped into feel the gap, 'anvil' was his first card, and due to time pressure, we only completed about 4 versions before we decided to 'road test' it. Opinions were 'mixed' but most folk liked the card (especially its industrial strength), so the decision was taken to include it. Jorgen has now perfected a style befitting Oracle-X, his latest image for the 'puppet' card (series 2) reflects a beautiful and moving image. When the next reprint of 'anvil' is due, we have already planned to rework the image to fit in with his latest style.

Thank you for explaining. This card jumped at me because it seemed so different from the rest - I agree that it was a dry and industrial look to it, that suits it well. Still, it's not my favorite cards... maybe I'm not very fond of hard-working? ;)

PsychicLord said:
('anvil' was also brought forward from a later series, hence its close connection with 'work'. If 'anvil' and 'work' come up together during a reading.... a pretty strong message is being highlighted)

I agree -- surprisingly enough I got both cards plus the Schedule one yesterday, because my life at work has been so stressful lately! So much I could not really sit and read them, because I was restless when I got home! The cards fell while I was shuffling, reflecting my feelings exactly!

PsychicLord said:
Turning to the 'runes' feature is purely optional, it is primary provided for 'left brained' individuals. Some early users have found this a very helpful feature and have no trouble with the math. Others use it via simple 'left' strong, 'right' weak formula. Maybe the easier to understand 'coloured' version that is provided on our website might assist.

I'll sit and study the runes, because I like to understand. I just think that at first it seems a bit confusing, but I'm a VERY right-brained person so maybe it wasn't meant for me. The point it, I'm really happy I'm able to ignore the runes if I don't like them, and still have a nice deck to read with! That's what I find most brilliant about your creation, David!

Or, that I may not use the "Anvil" card if I don't like it! (But I will, because perhaps it has something to teach me too!)

The long effort you put in the conception of Oracle-X it reveals itself in every card, David. I really like this oracle and I can't wait to become more and more familiar with it!

dvorah ophir

just ordered mine

could not wait
the whole concept fascinates me.
like the art work- not all- must admit- but one must always give it time-and when the cards will be in my hands - then i can realy say what i think.
the best cards are the ones that are used again and again.not the ones that decorate your shelf.
i think this deck will be used a lot- i love the idea of it being made just for me- that each person will have it different, that you can build it to match and suite yourself, and i love it that we all are paioneers-not just the ones that made it but the first ones to buy it and have it.it feels amazing.
will post more of my mussing in the time that comes.
dvorah

misfitknits

UGH, i might just die of anticipation before i get to order this deck!!!! i want it so bad! it's the ONLY tarot or oracle deck on my "must buy" wish list this christmas. so i WILL buy it, it's just so hard to wait!! yall know what i'm talking about, ATers are ravenous about decks and waiting times. and since i'm the US, it'll be even harder to wait for it to cross the pond!!

interesting comments about the anvil card looking out of place in the deck. that was exactly what i thought when i looked on the website. so it wouldn't necessarily be my first pick for my extra cards. but i'm very interested to see what the new version will look like, when it comes out.

i'm also extremely pleased to hear how well everyone has been getting along with the deck!! so please, those of you who have it already, keep posting your thoughts about it!!!

PsychicLord

A couple of folk have asked me about the name.... why Oracle-X?

You might be surprised that is is actually quite a simple explanation.

When one votes for something, be it a politicial election or a talent contest, one traditionally marks the 'choice' with a 'X'. Hence the voter chooses who they vote for.....

Oracle-X is designed to be an intuitive tool that its owner chooses how to use....... hence the 'X' in Oracle-X.

Now for one of my weird thoughts......

When I visit a MBS (Mind Body Spirit) Fair, I always like to enjoy walking slowly and discreetly pass any card readers and observe what deck they are working with [nosey eh?]. That sort of gives me a 'feel' for their work before I move to see which deck the next reader is using....

Imagine, a potential scene several years from now, if while visiting a MBS Fair, I happen to stumble across several readers using the Oracle-X deck to read their clients. Looking over at that deck, I would actually have no idea how many cards they are using, and which cards they might have or not have included in that deck at that time. That information would truly remain hidden, and known only by its owner (i.e. the individual reader).

I know many decks by heart....... but Oracle-X will always remain a mystery!

As I said earlier, a weird thought!

Amanda

Why not just put a big X on the backings? I personally would find that far more mysterious.