Orphalese -- oh no !!

redflash

I just went to see if there were any new decks on the deck exchange & it's been closed !! ( Probably permanently )

:( Am I the last one to find this out ? I wanted to download the Animals Divine & the Sacred Rose decks, I'm gutted !

Strange2

Hopefully this is a temporary suspension of the Orphalese deck exchange. Per the posts on the Orphaleze Tarot Zone site, a publisher (not named) has taken exception to the deck images available for download, due to copyright issues. So it has been decided to temporarily disable the Deck Exchange until these issues have been addressed.

On their forum, Richard says that he plans on negotiating a pay-per-download deal with the publishers. Decks without copyright issues would be available for free download.

Let's hope these issues are resolved soon to everyone's satisfaction, so this wonderful Tarot resource is back online soon!

Baroli

I saw this also and quite frankly it stinks. Sort of reminds me of downloading music for free in the good 'ol days until the record companies and artists wised-up.

Baroli:(

redflash

I honestly don't think the publishing compamies will go for it. I have bought a lot of decks that I would never have seen if it wasn't for orphalese & I imagine I'm not the only one. I really hope Richard isn't going to get into legal trouble over this. Wishing him lots of luck. xx

Barbaras Ahajusts

Orphalese SELLS Tarot Decks,now ask me why!

When I downloaded then registered my Orphalese software, I became addicted. Not only did I have a wonderful way to do readings, save them, and then email them, I had the opportunity to see other decks that I didn't know existed AND saw some I had always wanted!

Then began that hunger that every tarot lover gets as they peruse Orphalese's awesome deck exchange...
YOU WANT-YOU GOT-TO HOLD THIS DECK or DECKS in many of our cases :)

As new decks were uploaded to the deck exchanged, more and more money has been spent in getting ahold of them!
BOOKS-DECKS-COMPANION BOOKS HAD TO BE HAD!

The recent forum posts about how many people have spent X amount of dollars on decks & the such, that they were able to be viewed and use in the Orphalese program are being posted!

This is why I say Orphalese sells tarot decks! Inadvertantly they have become an ADVERTISEMENT for ALL DECKS that are uploaded to the deck exchange!

As Orphalese reaches the masses (and it slowly is), Publishers will WANT/BEG Orphalese to offer the TINY REPRODUCTION of their new or recreated deck!
Free advertisment is always a good thing when TRYING TO REACH ANYONE WITH A BUCK TO SPEND, don't you agree?

Inside of each uploaded deck is a xml file of WHO the deck is sold by WHO the deck was created by, AND IF A WEB SITE IS AVAILABLE..its there too! ALL INFORMATION ON EACH DECK IS THERE ON THAT XML FILE!
So, when we want a paticular deck, we can check it out AND PURCHASE THE REAL THING!
(Who wants to play with a paper-printer copy when we can SMELL & FEEL the REAL THANG??? HUUUUMMMMM????)

Pass that info along and see if I am wrong on Orphalese being FREE ADVERTISEMENT for ALL publishers!

Barbara Ann Jackson
Orphalese User and Admirer of its Creator & Colleges!!!!!!!

Shade

This reminds me of the argument about downloading music. One significant difference here is that owning an image of a tarot card is not the same as having the printed card in your hands.

I can see the publishers' argument, as a matter of fact I was surprised the deck exchange was available as long as it was.

Would agreeing to just not post decks by the offended publisher work or is it a bigger problem than that?

Loewenzahnhexe

Hello,

I have Orphalese since yesterday and now I am thinking about registration.

Is that at the moment good? What can I do with the registerd Orphales, when there is no possibility to download the uploaded decks? Should I spend the money for the registration?

I hope you will understand my horrible english...

Best wishes
Tanja

Barbaras Ahajusts

Its Coming Back!

The Deck Exchange is coming back!

The Deck Exchange is in process of being re-vamped. It will be back up very, very shortly!

Untill the publishers understand Orphalese SELLS by PROMOTING their decks the publishers are on the loss side of this awesome tarot program.

Now on the other hand, if you purchase the registration and become a member of the Orphalese Tarot Program, you might find someone who has a deck that was already shared by another who BOUGHT the deck. :thumbsup:
When you get your registration into Orphalese, just ask on the forum. You never know what will pop up!

Besides we have resident deck creators who keep us stocked up on new decks!! We even have a Dominos.
Orphalese still is running smoothly without the Exchange right now!

Once you get the full version, you will understand this beautifully created program is more than worth the money spent!

Barb

Leo62

Oh no....that's orphal!

(sorry I couldn't resist}))

Loewenzahnhexe

Hello Barbara,

thank you for your fast answer, and I am going to register myself. Maybe the Back-up comes, maybe not - but the program itself is worthfully - so why dont pay for it? And: I can than have more than three decks in the programm.

Tanja