Osho Zen

NikkiB

Hi

I am thinking of buying this, wondered what people think of it....

IheartTarot

It is a Tarot deck in case you think it isn't. :)

AnneLien

Don't spend money on this deck, it's useless and ugly.

Sulis

AnneLien said:
That's a bit of a harsh thing to say without anything to clarify it. No deck is for everyone but I know quite a few people who find this deck to be a wonderful reading deck.

I had it and decided it wasn't for me, mainly because I couldn't get past the suit of Earth being represented by rainbows which to me are made from air and water and not anything to do with the element of Earth.

AnneLien, what's made you have such a strong, negative reaction to the deck? I really don't think it's fair to state that it's 'useless and ugly' without giving any reasons why you think that way.

dare2

I enjoy doing online readings from the Osho site using the Zen tarot, so I recently purchased the deck. In person, I do not care for it at all. I don't know why the difference in seeing the imagery in person vs. online makes such a difference but it does to me.

I'm holding on to it for a while since I just got it. But I think that if I don't read from it, I may use the cards in art projects or some such.

Wendywu

I love this deck :).

I don't care about Osho himself, I just love the deck. For me it is warm, inviting, compassionate and understanding. I know others don't like it, or don't like things about it but for me, it fits some moods and reading needs perfectly.

Le Fanu

AnneLien said:
LOL. I suppose we should justify any opinion we express... :D

It isn't conventionally "taroty" in feel, but that doesn't bother me with other decks.

It has a dated poster art feel to it. Makes me think of 1990s ("The inner you is special") New Agey type thing which makes me instantly recoil.

I won't comment on him as a person (but I bet someone will) because I like lots of things by rather dubious people!

It is one of the few decks that I bought and traded without the slightest twinge. And me a collector.

Sulis

Le Fanu said:
LOL. I suppose we should justify any opinion we express... :D
Yes, I think we should. Posts that just say 'this is useless and a waste of money' or words to that effect just aren't useful to the thread starter who is asking for opinions on a deck she's considering spending her cash on.
If you think something is bad then say why; that way the person asking the question has an answer they can consider and actually use and not just something that sounds like a nasty comment about a deck..

OK rant over ;).

AnneLien

Hihi, I just knew I'd get some responses on my comment :p
I just don't like it. I've tried so hard, it's just not for me, I don't like
the images (even though I really like the Tao Oracle), I don't like the whole idea around Osho and so on? Some images are just weird in my opinion.

Glitterbird

I love this deck and had it for years, I don't know who Osho is and have no desire to find out at this point. (I've heard alot of bad)
But the deck gives clear deep readings, esp when looking for inner guidance. IMO - of course. :)