Pagan tarot - uusi

Dark Victory '39

The Tarot deck's cardstock is supposed to be even better, if I remember correctly. Which makes me wonder, because I cannot imagine what Uusi's idea of "better" cardstock can be. Will it shuffle itself? Will it give you a foot massage? I have no idea.

LOL Fliz. Yes, foot massages, that's what i expect from an uusi deck.

Dark Victory '39

I'm not trying to stir up a barrel of worms, (which i guess would be absinthe)-- but are any of you who chose the gold edges worried about the feel of that on a buttery card stock? My thoughts being that it will wear down more on a deck you could technically shuffle like a poker deck? Just my own odd presumptions. I'm probably the only person, but i really dislike the metallic edged decks i have because it doesn't take much before the edging wears down and looks either tarnished or smeared. Every time I pull out my VR w/ the gold edges, i feel as if the whole deck speaks of its owner having severely come down in the world-- and on certain days, that could be scarily true. Anyway, when the time comes i'd be interested to hear how you, who upped your edges, feel about them; if this is a deck for you that goes the distance. meaning you use it. etc. etc.

starlightexp

I'm not trying to stir up a barrel of worms, (which i guess would be absinthe)-- but are any of you who chose the gold edges worried about the feel of that on a buttery card stock? My thoughts being that it will wear down more on a deck you could technically shuffle like a poker deck? Just my own odd presumptions. I'm probably the only person, but i really dislike the metallic edged decks i have because it doesn't take much before the edging wears down and looks either tarnished or smeared. Every time I pull out my VR w/ the gold edges, i feel as if the whole deck speaks of its owner having severely come down in the world-- and on certain days, that could be scarily true. Anyway, when the time comes i'd be interested to hear how you, who upped your edges, feel about them; if this is a deck for you that goes the distance. meaning you use it. etc. etc.

I one that upped I did so after seeing a few Youtube reviews of the past gold edged decks they have done and have no fears about things wearing down for quite some time. Busi does an old world style edging that has bee done for centuries and many of those decks still have a gold sheen to the edges so I feel pretty confident that things will work out just fine.

Less that $98 left to go in 69 hours.

Dark Victory '39

I one that upped I did so after seeing a few Youtube reviews of the past gold edged decks they have done and have no fears about things wearing down for quite some time. Busi does an old world style edging that has bee done for centuries and many of those decks still have a gold sheen to the edges so I feel pretty confident that things will work out just fine.

Less that $98 left to go in 69 hours.

I'll check out those youtubes. I'm always interested seeing craftsmanship demos.

FLizarraga

Most of my factory gilded edged decks have held up beautifully, including my 2nd ed VR --already used when I got it. And I riffle shuffle. The only exception was the Enchanted Map Oracle, which started looking all banged up to hell just by glancing at it. (I retouched the worn spots with a Tsukineko Brilliance gold pad and it looks good, but there's no telling how long it will hold up.)

Dark Victory '39

Thanks for the Tsukineko inkpad tip, Fliz. I dont know, maybe it's how i hold my decks. I riffle shuffle the VR, but in that case, because it does get a lot of use, and i'm fine w/ other people (sitters) touching the deck to point and ask things about it maybe its only natural it would get a significant lived-in look. I'm not too brokenhearted about it, but i still don't really like the feel of how it is to shuffle a deck w/ gilded edges. I always notice the feel of the gilding while not looking at it, and it's like i don't know, touching a snake or something. I never would have guessed how big an aspect the tactile is to my reading.

FLizarraga

Thanks for the Tsukineko inkpad tip, Fliz. I dont know, maybe it's how i hold my decks. I riffle shuffle the VR, but in that case, because it does get a lot of use, and i'm fine w/ other people (sitters) touching the deck to point and ask things about it maybe its only natural it would get a significant lived-in look.

I think a Krylon gold leafing pen would be even better for retouching, but haven't tried it so far. I plan to do it next time.

I'm not too brokenhearted about it, but i still don't really like the feel of how it is to shuffle a deck w/ gilded edges. I always notice the feel of the gilding while not looking at it, and it's like i don't know, touching a snake or something.

OK..... :rolleyes:

I never would have guessed how big an aspect the tactile is to my reading.

I was just kidding. I think it's wonderful to see how each one of us reacts differently so things. But you're right, it's colder and a little scaly to the touch, so the snake comparison is actually pretty easy to see. Or feel, in this case.

Dark Victory '39

To be honest, i wont even do edge treatments on decks w/ cardstock i really like (like the large deck of the dead) because i feel the treatment. Like i notice it when i shuffle and i don't like it. I like my decks nude. lol.

And now back to pagan otherworlds. I don't know how much of the fantasy is in this, but i've looked about a million times at their minimalist altar at the bottom of their kickstarter, w/ the potted pine clipping, and burning sage and bowl, and thought, i'm definitely going to try to replicate this (although there will be no redwood altar or card-stand for me-- tho it looks lovely. i'm too cash poor at the moment for those kind of perks). Anyway, sometimes w/ these kickstarter things the artists really know how to tap into, i don't know what to call it except the fantasy of it all. Tell me, in July of 2016 will i be out looking for a potting shed to transplant my pine sapling, and set up the hunting lodge of my dreams in miniature to display my otherworld deck? Oh, we'll see.

starlightexp

It hit the final stretch goal !!!!!!! Golden Moons!!!!