Pagan tarot - uusi

staticfuzz

They just posted their first non-ace pip card, the two of wands, on their instagram page. I like it! While not fully scenic, it's got a more RWS feel than I thought it would. It will be interesting to see where this project takes them

Groan. It's gorgeous. I'd kinda already written it off 'cause of the non-scenic pips but this... is making me reconsider. I guess it's not fully scenic but it definitely seems illustrated... illustratedesque?

Madrigal

Groan. It's gorgeous. I'd kinda already written it off 'cause of the non-scenic pips but this... is making me reconsider. I guess it's not fully scenic but it definitely seems illustrated... illustratedesque?

Definitely an illustrated pip.

starlightexp

Definitely an illustrated pip.

Hopefully they will for the most part people free. That is what I long for in a deck, fewer people telling me what to do.

treelet

"REACHED!! 65K Gold Foil Printing On Luna Cards for all Kickstarter decks! How cool would that be?! Your moon cards would literally glow."

The language seems to intimate that the gold foil printing is exclusive to Kickstarter decks. Interesting!

They also recently updated, offering insight on why the pips are illustrated, but will contain no human figures. They also revealed the Emperor card, which I LOVE, and had this say about him:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1244376122/pagan-tarot-by-uusi/posts/1415166

"This card is all about leadership in it's highest most exacting form. There is a great loneliness almost to this character as true leaders inevitably travel a demanding path and the landscape of this card further illustrates the intensity of that path. The Emperors comforts are few – he is in a parched field surrounded by imposing, jagged cliffs – the realm he inhabits is almost unlivable. Few us could survive there. But through great self control and sheer determination visions are born and fulfilled.

Persistence, an eye to the future (symbolized in the opening at the top of his scepter) and an understanding of the bigger picture (symbolized in the golden globe in his hand) and how to make the most of what you are given is inherent in this card. The ram's head typically shown as an ornament carved into his thrown is now a spirit he fully inhabits – determination, action, initiative and leadership. And the flowing river behind him represents energy that is not fixated on one thing – it is about going beyond petty concerns and taking a larger, more encompassing world view."

The deck seems determined to be beautiful as well as readable. It looks incredibly promising and I'm so excited to see its eventual release!

35 hours to go!

melissadear

I fell in love with this deck!

The only thing so far that I would change is that this deck came with a book/let. Maybe it's because I'm a beginner. It'd be nice to know what the creators envisioned the meanings of the cards to be, since it seems that they might be along the same theme, but with slight variations.

I guess I'll just have to wait to play with it to find out! :)

starlightexp

I fell in love with this deck!

The only thing so far that I would change is that this deck came with a book/let. Maybe it's because I'm a beginner. It'd be nice to know what the creators envisioned the meanings of the cards to be, since it seems that they might be along the same theme, but with slight variations.

I guess I'll just have to wait to play with it to find out! :)

I've been saving all the notes on the cards from their updates to a file just to have their thoughts. As the year progresses usually artists update the backers with new pictures of the art being made. I hope they do and gives their thoughts on things.

illyria

I've been saving all the notes on the cards from their updates to a file just to have their thoughts. As the year progresses usually artists update the backers with new pictures of the art being made. I hope they do and gives their thoughts on things.

This is an excellent idea, starlightexp. This is one of those few Kickstarter updates that I actually read through to the end.