Pages for a website

Carla

Hi guys

I've been working on pages on my blog/website. I have added FAQ, How to Order and Testimonials. (If you'd like to take a peek, click the link you know where!) Can you think of any other pages I might want to add? By the way, what can I call them besides 'Pages'? That sounds so boring!

MareSaturni

Ooookay, my opinion! ;)

Perhaps you could call the "Pages" something like "Read more", "Information" or just "Menu"!

I think your "Tarot Ethics" should become a separate page. I think they are more visible this way than at the bottom of the page. :)

I like your post about your To-Go Decks! Perhaps in the future, they could go into a separate "Page", specially if these are the decks you'll use to read for your clients.

A page for "Links" could be a good idea. Specially if you find fellow readers to exchange links with - believe it or not, it helps to spread the word. But if you don't feel comfortable with the idea, links to interesting tarot-resources could also be helpful.

Once you explained to me why you had chosen your name, "Rowan". I think you could make a page about this. Not a necessity, but a very interesting curiosity, in my opinion. :) "Why Rowan?" or something like that!

Posting some articles about tarot reading is a good way to make your site appear in google searches!

These are just some ideas I had! I think you should take a look at some of the ATer's sites and blogs, to have different ideas! Good luck! :love:

Carla

Thanks, Marina. I just checked out your home page. There are lots of functions on blogger I don't know how to use. I only just discovered the page function! How did you get your pages to be under your blog title like they are? If you don't mind my asking.

ETA: Ooh, I've done it.

It takes me forever to figure things out. I would like my page to look more personalised, but I don't know where you guys find all your backgrounds and things, or how to put them on. :)

MareSaturni

It takes me forever to figure things out. I would like my page to look more personalised, but I don't know where you guys find all your backgrounds and things, or how to put them on. :)

I make mine! :D :D :D

If you want, I can make you a header and a background (I don't know if your current style can support it though, you'd have to see it). I love making them! :heart:

To edit the header, you go to your "Dashboard", then to "Design". It'll take you to an "Add an arrange elements" page. The uppermost box is the 'Header', and if you click on 'edit' it'll allow you to change the header, upload a picture et al.

The backgroundS are added/changed in the "Template designer", also in "Design".

...I'm not sure if my instructions are clear enough, lol! Tell me if you have any problem! :laugh:

Carla

Yes, I've been playing around with that, but I can't find anything that looks good. If you could help, that would be great!! (By the way, why 'Saturness'? :) )

MareSaturni

Yes, I've been playing around with that, but I can't find anything that looks good. If you could help, that would be great!! (By the way, why 'Saturness'? :) )

If you need help, PM me and I'll be happy to help you! :D

Saturness... one day I'll make a post about it... because there are many reasons behind this name. I consider myself heavily influenced by the Saturnian energy, even though officially I'm Jupiter's daughter (I'm Sagittarius), I can say that Saturn is my adoptive father! But that's not all...

I'll let Anaïs Nin can speak for me:

"Just as jealousy obsessed Proust, I have been obsessed by the potentialities, the mysteries of unflowered lives, of the secret obscurities and heavy, inert weight of Saturn!" -- Incest, Anaïs Nin. 1992

I don't PLAN to use that as my professional name, but you never know... I like it. :) Suits me well!

Carla

It does, and I love your avatar. I'm having trouble getting ANYTHING I choose, even my own digital photos, to load for my Google ID. Wonder if you could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have them as JPG and everything! :( Stupid computers!

Torkie

It does, and I love your avatar. I'm having trouble getting ANYTHING I choose, even my own digital photos, to load for my Google ID. Wonder if you could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have them as JPG and everything! :( Stupid computers!

I imagine this isn't terribly helpful, but a lot of people don't realize this when trying to upload photos:

Most websites will only allow very (VERY) small photo sizes to be uploaded, around 6 or 7kb for avatars, for example. Take a look at my avatar. Even though it is very small, saved as JPG, it's about 30kb, even when saved to the very lowest quality settings (which makes it look horrible, of course).

Save your pictures instead as PNG. It will cut file sizes in half or more, and you may find that websites will be much happier with you.

gregory

Great looking site. Well done. I love the "to go to" page, too :)

Too many photos can make it look cluttered, and also are a pain for anyone on crap dial-up (that was me, not so long ago...) Just a thought.

Carla

I imagine this isn't terribly helpful, but a lot of people don't realize this when trying to upload photos:

Most websites will only allow very (VERY) small photo sizes to be uploaded, around 6 or 7kb for avatars, for example. Take a look at my avatar. Even though it is very small, saved as JPG, it's about 30kb, even when saved to the very lowest quality settings (which makes it look horrible, of course).

Save your pictures instead as PNG. It will cut file sizes in half or more, and you may find that websites will be much happier with you.

I reduced a photo to 15kb and it still wouldn't have it for an avatar. I will try it at 6 or 7 and see what happens. Thanks!