Pages of Shustah cards

FyreKat

Blue Suit.

I read these cards and would like to study them in greater depth so I am pleased to have found this thread.

I have found that, for me, the Harmonising Page can also denote a party and that Bees will sometimes be showing as Summer.

FyreKat

Seaqueen

Hi Seaqueen,
I read the Shustah, but would like to study it in more depth so I am pleased to have found this thread.
I've found in my readings that the Harmonising Page can also denote a party and the Bees show up to represent Summer.

FyreKat
Hi:
Thanks for sharing. A party - that would work :) I have found this page to mean having fun for sure. Bees in my experience suggest not staying in one place to long. So, if the question was about stability it could mean "of a shorter duration".
I love these cards. They are spot on even when you don't want the answers they give you, lol. They always seem to be right.
What's your take on the Black cards?

FyreKat

Black cards and Bees.

Hi:
Thanks for sharing. A party - that would work :) I have found this page to mean having fun for sure. Bees in my experience suggest not staying in one place to long. So, if the question was about stability it could mean "of a shorter duration".
I love these cards. They are spot on even when you don't want the answers they give you, lol. They always seem to be right.
What's your take on the Black cards?

The question was if I would travel to NZ within the year. Yes, there were lots of parties as I hadn't been home in 19 years. I can't remember exactly what the first card was but I do know that it read as a surprise which was so spot on. No one knew I was coming home, apart from my niece, who arranged for all the family to be at the pub. She said she had a surprise for them and they should all be there...hahaha, they all thought she was going to tell them she was pregnant! There were a few surprises that night, as I met up with a half brother and sister at the airport that no one had ever met before and they came in with me.
The Bees came at the end of the reading and I just had the feeling that it denoted that I would travel there in the Summer, which I did in fact do! It was also a surprise trip for me as my house burnt down, so having nowhere to live for a while I decided to go back to NZ for a few months.
I find that the Black cards are a bit more difficult to read. Sometimes they do indicate timing, but at otheres they indicate a person or qualities of that sign. The Destiny and the card of Self I find quite confusing when they show in a reading.

Padma

I'm really quite interested in the Pages of Shustah. Can those of you who still use it please tell me more about it...? What is like to read with? Do you find it very accurate? Is it a fairly simple system to learn? Any and all comments about the Pages would be most welcome :) I want to know a little more about it before I order it!

ETA - I did read through this thread, but apart from listing meanings and wowing over the '70's vibe of the cards, there aren't a whole lot of in-depth impressions of using it over time...

Seaqueen

The question .....
I find that the Black cards are a bit more difficult to read. Sometimes they do indicate timing, but at otheres they indicate a person or qualities of that sign. The Destiny and the card of Self I find quite confusing when they show in a reading.

Hi: When the Destiny card appears in a Reading it basically means just that. Situations are usually out of hands. There could be Karma at play. It can indicate what is meant to be will be. Also, it points to an experience which will teach us something about ourselves. The advice of the cards connected to the Destiny card will reveal in what way we will undergo the actual experience.

When the card of Self shows up in a Reading it indicates that it is up to you to take the "bull by the horns". The responsibility lies on your shoulders. You have to answer to yourself and no one else.

Yes, the Black cards can take some time to get used to. I usually use the energy of the sign to give me more information about the person or the situation. If you do the Astrological layout you can determine the "sign" of the person connected to the House.

In a 3 card layout you can also determine the time frame of an event if you had a question on your mind involving a time frame. If not, often the Black cards are all about the natural timing of events. Just like we move from sign to sign we move from experience to experience.

Hope that helps. Madame Sequeen.

Seaqueen

I'm really quite interested in the Pages of Shustah. Can those of you who still use it please tell me more about it...? What is like to read with? Do you find it very accurate? Is it a fairly simple system to learn? Any and all comments about the Pages would be most welcome :) I want to know a little more about it before I order it!

ETA - I did read through this thread, but apart from listing meanings and wowing over the '70's vibe of the cards, there aren't a whole lot of in-depth impressions of using it over time...

Hello: I find the Shustah deck to be highly accurate as far as detailing the "truth" of any situation/person.

The Pages are not difficult to learn. Think of them like the Court Cards of the suit. The best way to know more about them is to develop a relationship with them. The cards will speak to you. If you order the set, the handbook gives you 7 levels of interpretation. These levels have brief meanings but you do not need pages and pages of meanings for each card. The individual card has a "spirit" (one or two general meanings). There are 70 cards. Then there are the combinations of the cards. There are 4 core energies. Blue, Green, Red, Yellow. The Black cards represent zodiac signs.

You can learn a lot about a situation just doing a 3 card layout which is the premise of the book. However, the Zodiac wheel reading is detailed as well.

1. If you want to see more on the Shustah card her is Rev Ken Foor's blog link. He features the cards every day & provides inspirational posts .... http://dailyshustah.blogspot.ca/

2. The Art of Cartomancy blog has some fantastic articles as well.
http://cartomancy.wordpress.com/

3. I provide many posts on my blog which are helpful in understanding the Pages of Shustah deck.

To purchase the cards you can contact Rev Ken Foor on his blog.

:)

Padma

Seaqueen, thanks so much for your detailed impressions and answer :) I frequently read your blog! I have learned a great deal from you. Funny you should mention Kapherus' Cartomancy site, as well, because this is where I became intrigued with the Shustah cards. They seem to be calling to me. lol! I really am intrigued by the deck, so your information helped.

Thanks also for the link to Mr. Foor's site, much appreciated! Looks like I will be ordering them next pay. :)

EightWands

Missing Little White Interpretative Sheet

I've had this deck for a long time. A classic for sure, and I will never part with it, even though its been a while since Ive last used it. A while back I misplaced the little white sheet of paper that came with it that briefly lists the meanings. If anyone has a copy that they could just take a picture of and post here? That way I could write the meanings down. I'd so appreciate it. :) Thanks in advance.

BodhiSeed

I've had this deck for a long time. A classic for sure, and I will never part with it, even though its been a while since Ive last used it. A while back I misplaced the little white sheet of paper that came with it that briefly lists the meanings. If anyone has a copy that they could just take a picture of and post here? That way I could write the meanings down. I'd so appreciate it. :) Thanks in advance.

My deck didn't come with a LWB, but it you start at about post #61 and scroll through, SeaQueen has written out meanings for all the color suits.

strings of life

I recently bought this companion book from evilBay and the main draw for my purchase was that it was an older copy with notes from the previous owner!

I'm looking forward to working with this deck some day soon.