Pictures of our reading space/table

Lewen

I have enjoyed "seeing" everyone's reading spaces. I have a round wooden pedastel table that I use for my readings, but it is in storage right now as there is no room in my apartment for the table since my fiance moved in. Since then I have used my bed (complete with celestial themed flannel bedding) or I have used my kitchen/dining room table (once the kids are in bed and it is cleaned up properly). Sometimes I have used the floor with my blue leaf "themed" dish towel that I bought for a spread cloth (pure linen).

I do miss my table but know that I will have a home "one of these days" to set up my reading corner like I had before. It is a special table with many times of tea, chatting, and reading over it and I will cherish it always.

I hope others add to this thread, it's great to see how other people have their places set up. :)

knowledge seeker

ohhhh these are all so beautiful and inspiring~!~!~!
it really makes me want to clear of this old beautiful hall table i currently have my laptop on and drag out all my 'nicies' and crystals from their pouches and decorate to my hearts content. but it seems that for now, things shall have to stay as they are, what with a toddler and baby (and another on the way) in the house!! most definately NOT compatible.
but my current set up (like so many others too, who we are slowly coming out of the closet on this thread :D ) i just read on this beautiful table at my computer. if i have time and alone i'll light a candle or two, bring in some crystals and set myself up for a couple of hours of reading. but usually it is just me, the laptop and the cards on the table.
but if i have friends over for a 'reading session', we all converge in the lounge, pull up the coffee table, break out the cuppa's and biccies and have a fabulous time together. but these are far and few between.
anyway, thank you to all those who have shared their spaces! i can feel the energy from within these photos and it is beautiful.

Marua

Wow! and sigh...

Man, do I feel down right now. I sit on the floor amongst dust bunnies and a nosy cat that keeps pushing the cards around. I moved away from home almost 2 years ago and still have no coffee table. I dont even own a spreadcloht! :bugeyed:
I feel very inspired to make more out of my readings now. Thanks for the thread and pics! :thumbsup:

Tiro DvD

For the other average readers, here is where I do mine:

Floor™

Complete with Dust Bunnies, Dog Hair, and premium Un-vacuumness™. Comes in Bare, Linoleum, and Shag models as well.

Water Lady

Oh WOW, just lovely settings. I can see I need to improve my thinking and doing. I like to sit in our sun room where I can look out at a mile wide river - love the view. But the table is always used for lots of things.
Perhaps that matters???
elnor, your cloth is wonderful....Is this your own design??
Did you pick a special cloth that is easy to embroidery?
I use to do this work and have not in years but sure am thinking I might have to again.
What an inspiration.

AJ

It doesn't matter to the cards where you use them, I pull my daily draw on a huge desk piled with work and that does just fine as I immediately upload the card to my blog. But if I intend to spend any time with the cards a nice setting or spread cloth elevates the seriousness of what the cards can do and mean to me.

Sulis

lunalafey said:
Same here, in a way. I currently live in a RV, so space is limited. Dinner or drying dishes are usually on the table, so the bed it is. But even when I lived in a house, my favorite place to lay out my cards was on my blue rayon velvet quilt.

I'm with Luna (not in your RV Luna :)).
Our house is quite small and so the only place that ever seems to have any room is on my bed. It's a curly-wurly black metal bed though so it looks the part for a Tarot reading space :)

In the winter I occasionally do evening readings in front of the fire in the front room but I usually just sit on the rug in front of the hearth.

May

I love the workplaces shared and this thread... Thanks to all those took the effort of putting the pics.
The only thing I do for my cards is to make some bags to keep them safe.
I'm on the run and stay at rented apartments so I did not want to pick a lot of home stuff, so no coffee table.

I read on the neat marble floor of my house or my bed and recently cut a piece of red velvet to use as the reading cloth. When I have all the time on earth and I feel like spending time with me my cards and inner self, I light a candle and my favorite shakti and emerald incense, place them around a jute mat I picked to use as my sacred space. With my work schedule this too is a rarity.

SunChariot

Here's mine. It probably looks like a mess, but it really is quite neat. The mess is really on my night table behind my Tarot table. LOL Yep, it's there in the bedroom right next to my bed. Oh and the kneeling woman thing is an incense burner...The pyramid is my wish pyramid (got that for a present once :grin:) and besides that that doesn't show, I have a compass to help make sure is stay on the right path, a rock from a beach in the country that had sentimental value for me,a crystal, some amethyst, some lavendar essential oil (which I found a meditation with I am supposed to get around to trying one of these days, :grin:).... and assorted other emotional treasures. :heart:

Bar

Attachments

• 2007_0617rtab0001.JPG
    2007_0617rtab0001.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 691

frelkins

these spaces are so inspiring! they all actually sent me looking for a reading cloth -- but no one seems to have one in a dove-gray crushed velvet. :( and none of them seem very large -- does anyone make them say a meter square?