Pips vs Scenes?

lilangel09

Actually for me, I think non-scenic pips would allow me to be more flexible. Sometimes the pictures in scenic pips distract me. Not to say that either is superior or inferior, but they are just different. Both can be pretty.

Sulis

At the moment I prefer to read with scenic minors but at times I have preferred non-scenic pips.

Those of you who think that to read with non-scenic pips you need to memorise card meanings are very wrong.
I've found (and many others have too), that reading with pips actually gives you more to work with. They free your intuition from being tied into what a particular deck author wants a particular card to mean.

Dean

Chu'si said:
Thanks for all the insight everyone, part of the reason I asked this was to help me figure out what might be best for the deck I'm creating. I'm starting to get more ideas now from your answers.

I have been reading this thread and i have been creating a pip deck, i think you can still deliver a good reading without seeing illustrated pictures on the cards, i don't see non scenic deck's being harder to read with and i think the less illustrations added to pictures the better your intuition.