Planets-Between-Partners Series: Sun-Moon

isthmus nekoi

other sun-moon relationships

Sun-moon trine. I've seen this manifest in positive ways. Even when it seems the two ppl in question don't have much in common, there's some kind of shared trust or connection or just benevolence. I also have this w/a number of friends but feel closer when their moon is trine my sun instead of their sun trining my moon. Perhaps b/c like the conj, in the trine the more dominant partner is still signified by the sun and I prefer to be in charge lol.

Sun-moon square. I've only had one significant relationship w/this configuration, doubled (both my sun and moon were squared). However, to mitigate this, our suns were trine, our moons sextile. It was hard to connect at times. Even though we shared a lot of the same values, beliefs, interests and were the same ethnicity, our socioeconomic status, and lifestyles were very different. I don't think it's the best aspect for compatibility.

isthmus nekoi

dadsnook2000 said:
isthmus nekoi, your comments show that age differences do not make any difference in relationships. We can all expect that the aspect-contacts we note in these posts will apply to family and children just as well as between adults. I have a Sun trining my adopted grandson's Sun within a degree. Given that there are two Suns involved we clash a bit, yet I give him a lot of time and attention and he'll do anything for me that I ask. So, there seems to be some conflict between Suns that works out overall due to the trine.

What would be interesting would be to see other types of relationships being taken into account. What might be good for a romantic relationship might not be ideal for say, a business relationship... like passionate Mars-Venus contacts! And yes, familial synastric contacts are always very interesting.

Grigori

isthmus nekoi said:
I was reading somewhere else that the sun-moon conj worked better in a tradional dominant-passive relationships b/c the sun becomes the center/leader and the moon is the support.

I have my Sun (23 Aries 10) conjunct my best friend's Moon (18 Aries 48), both in our 11th house. Its funny because she is generally a much stronger personality than me, however in our relationship I do seem to set the tone and take the lead typically. (Of course this becomes a problem when I am indecisive as she will never decide anything and we can procrastinate for years without budging :laugh: )

It certainly is true that she is my emotional support. We've been friends for about 10 years, and our relationship is the closest emotional relationship I've had with anyone. Really my first significant relationship with emotional intimacy. I often joke that she knows me better than I do, at least in terms of how I feel about something (though she often laments that I can be a brick wall and completely unable to express to her how I feel about something. Email helps though :D).

In some ways our relationship has quite strong traditional gender roles. Although she will of course ask my opinion about what she should do, and then go ahead and do the exact opposite every time, so I certainly have no "control" outside the parts that are "ours" and into things that are "hers".

We also have both our Pluto's conjunct (loosely, in Libra and our 5th houses)and opposing our Sun-Moon Conjunction, which I think turns things up a notch or two.

stardancer

This is similar to my sun and my husband's sun being trine by sign, and inconjunct by aspect. We also share a Sun/Moon trine by sign, but there is a wide square by aspect. Again, I think the square is more important than the sign.

M-Press

I guess that in this excersise we should be looking at the EXACT aspects, right?

My husband's moon is in Pisces, and my Sun in Scorpio, so I would say this is a trine, but when I look at the aspects chart there is no aspect marked between the two.
I remembered references on this here and there (the importance of aspects, but some how now I'm not sure-how to look at it).

In general, I have too (as Isthmus notes) experienced connection when someone had a Scorpio Moon conjunct my Sun, and it is indeed powerful, and made me dominant-no whipping though ;)

BUT, i must admit, that when I'm with people that that my Virgo Moon meets their Sun, I like it a whole more better, it's more smooth and workable than simply intense. (I'm not sure here whether it is the more practical Virgo vibes in oppose to Scorpionic extreme intensity) OR, becasue as a woman, i'd rather offer my Moon in the combo-- willing to follow easier.
Again, these observations are not looking at exact aspects, but a general sign pattern.