please enable me !!!

moderndayruth

As you know, unlike recently, i have free time now... ;)
So i decided to take care of my decks, you know, to see if they are all happy in their respective bags and boxes, does some of them prefer to re-locate...
As i began taking them one by one i was like
"oh, darling, haven't seen you in six months ..."
"oh, baby, i almost forgot about you..."
"and you, darling, well, i did forget about you..."
My collection is small - especially in comparison with SOME collections ;) - yet very dangerous and heretic thought crossed my mind:

maybe (just maybe) i have enough decks for now ?
:bugeyed: :confused: :eek:

The very next thought was: what i am supposed to do if... if... God forbid!
What would substitute that suspence i feel while waiting for the new deck to arrive? What else would i do instead of complaining endlessly on shipping costs to countries outside EU?! What would compensate my eternal feeling of guilt for not knowing enough/ not studyng sufficiently?! :confused:
I imagined the future without my healthy obsession - and it seemed dark, tedious, boring...
Go ahead, en-able me! Post pictures/stories/whatever of decks/ cloths/ bags / whatever can trigger in my soul that burning desire to posses...

franniee

OH MDR! You are too funny!

I had 3 decks for 15 years and then I came here a year ago and DON'T ASK!!!! Do I have enough? Oh yes!!! Undoubtedly - I had enough with the 3. :D

Do I love waiting for the packages to arrive? Oh yes!!! and when I see the package on my doorstep when I come home I get all excited!!

Maybe, just maybe you need to join our train trades - we have such fun and we trade our decks... so out goes one and in comes another.... no harm no foul...well YES there are still those pesky shipping cost! :laugh:

But here's the deal you get to see all these new decks from all over the place....I've gotten decks on one train and then traded them on another. And I have gotten a few I wouldn't part with! :love:

OR we can start our own club and stop the overindulgent buying...

NAH I don't want to be a member of that club! })

:heart:

6 Haunted Days

I'm confused, why is this in chat? Shouldn't it be in Talking Tarot or something?

moderndayruth

franniee said:
OH MDR! You are too funny!

I had 3 decks for 15 years and then I came here a year ago and DON'T ASK!!!!
He, he, the same here, I had one deck and one oracle... :D

franniee said:
Do I love waiting for the packages to arrive? Oh yes!!! and when I see the package on my doorstep when I come home I get all excited!! :
I know, i know... nothing can beat the fealing! lol

franniee said:
Maybe, just maybe you need to join our train trades - we have such fun and we trade our decks... so out goes one and in comes another.... no harm no foul...well YES there are still those pesky shipping cost! :laugh:
You are right, the first train i am participating is the body-care-oracles&stuff and it is exciting! I was looking for some other trains today... Yay, please keep me posted when some cool train goes on!

franniee said:
OR we can start our own club and stop the overindulgent buying...

NAH I don't want to be a member of that club! })

Nah, me neither, sooo boring :D

Franniee, what can i tell you, you gave me a "listening ear", a shoulder to cry on and an excellent advice that awoke the desire in my soul ... })
Thank you, dear, that what friends are for! ;)
*mdr is off to haunt for trade trains*

Sophie

Moderndayruth, you crack me up :D. Be a heretic! Yes!

10 years ago, I had 2 decks. 5 Years ago I had 2 decks. 4 years and 9 months ago, I had 2 decks.

Then I joined Aeclectic. I didn't fall immediately, but by the end of that year, I had 3 decks. Then, at the beginning of the following year, I had 4.

A few months passed.

And then... I found myself atop a mountain. I built a Massada of decks! Entrenched against the forces of reason and economy!

Now I have more than I can move in one go. And bags for most of them.

And I'm poor.

But hey, you should see the way my fingers grow crooked and my eyes glisten, as I take my decks out of their bags and stroke them...

My own, my precious, my precioussssssssssssssssss :bugeyed: hahahahahahahaha })

afrosaxon

6 Haunted Days said:
I'm confused, why is this in chat? Shouldn't it be in Talking Tarot or something?

*shrug*

Perhaps MDR feels more comfortable talking here and not among the AT massive. :D

But I'm just speculating. I do that a lot.

T.

Mi-Shell

While you are waiting for the train to come through, have a visit to the Second Hand Shop:
Check the bag and purse section.......
Check the silk and other scarf section.........
Ceck the nick knac section for BOXES - - and boxes that would be wonderful -with just the right sex -change......
Check all the cloths - think FABRIC for BAGS.....
Check the jewlry section for little things to adorn these bags and boxes....

Iffff you have money left - - -??!
repeat task in local art and craft market, antique store..... and >>> the rest of the world......
Report back to us!

gregory

afrosaxon said:
*shrug*

Perhaps MDR feels more comfortable talking here and not among the AT massive. :D

But I'm just speculating. I do that a lot.

T.
Or maybe - as I often feel - addiction threads - even to collecting :| don't FEEL tarotical.... I often feel a bit silly discussing why my collection will no longer even fit in one post under talking tarot....... !! It feels like conversation over coffee !!! (actually it feels like conversation under a table with a security blanky, really..... :shhh: )

Sophie

psssst, MDR, Gregory, wanna deck, wanna bag, wanna incense?

* flashes open dirty coat, inside of coat is lined with decks, bags, incense, fake rolexes, real bullshit *

hahahahahahaha })

afrosaxon

Fudugazi said:
psssst, MDR, Gregory, wanna deck, wanna bag, wanna incense?

* flashes open dirty coat, inside of coat is lined with decks, bags, incense, fake rolexes, real bullshit *

hahahahahahaha })

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can see y'all, standing in a dark alley, passing wads of currency back and forth, like it's an illegal drug transaction.

MDR: *psssssssssssssst!!*
Fudu: *looks around furtively* Yes?
MDR: You got that Gilded?
Fudu: Yep. Just fell off the back of a truck. Got some Merry Day, too.
MDR: I'll just take the Gilded.
Fudu: Just one? That was a primo shipment.
MDR: *looks over shoulder* Yeah, just one.

*MDR and Fudu exchange currency and deck*

Fudu: If you need more, you know where to find me.
MDR: Definitely. That Greenwood was really top quality.
Fudu: Glad you liked it. We got a lot of compliments on that one.
MRD: Okay. Bye!
Fudu. Bye!

*both women skulk off in opposite directions, hunched over, heads down, grinning to themselves over their new bounty.*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: