Please recommend a deck without nudity?

Elven

I second the Minute deck!

also Lo Scarabeo have a lovely Tarot deck with flowers and fairies - I think it is called the Faeries deck, and a good reading deck too. No nudity, not even a hint :p

Just another one to add to the fray of choices! :p

Blessings Elven x

sacredashes

Went shopping and....

Borders over here was a disappointment. I thought of using the Tarot as a story telling tool, to have the child to tell me a story from the pictures on the cards.

I found myself holding my breath today because I used my Universal Waite but thank goodness, none of the nude pictures got pulled. Posted this thread, took the recommendation and went shopping. Sadly, none of the decks were found.

I settled for Tarot Floral after making the staff open up more than 3 other decks in their store. I think they were on the verge of smacking me over the head waiting for me to inspect the cards one by one :D The store carried limited options and some had pictures my husband would like very much, but a 13 year old would have my a** hauled into the Principle Office in a heartbeat!

I think the Tarot Floral is kind of cute and very kosher, all pictures of children with butterfly wings and the only nudity is a Star child but she's way too young to be considered offensive by any standard.

Would have prefered the HR or Gnomes.. maybe next time. It's hard getting them out of my head now. Thanks for the added recommendation, everyone. I have a Gilded deck which I may use with older kids, teenagers probably.

Ash

Jewel

I know you already made your purchase, but for future options you might look into the Celtic Dragon. I don't think it has nudity off the top of my head. The reason I recommend it is that it has worked great for me for storytelling purposes, and kids love dragons and fantasy things. Also the deck would be good for boys and girls.

The Baroque Bohemian Cats is a suggestion I would really second. Great deck, it is also quite a serious tarot deck so you could use it for readings where you are concerned, and story telling for the kids.

sacredashes

Jewel said:
I know you already made your purchase, but for future options you might look into the Celtic Dragon. I don't think it has nudity off the top of my head. The reason I recommend it is that it has worked great for me for storytelling purposes, and kids love dragons and fantasy things. Also the deck would be good for boys and girls.

Yeah, that is what I wanted as well. Lots of fantasy images that can really work up their imagination. I opened up the Dragon Tarot and the pips were a little bland for kids. The Dragons Tarot I liked very much but some cards were not suitable.

Thanks for the tip, Jewel. For future reference, I definately will look into the Celtic Dragon. :)

Jewel

sacredashes said:
The Dragons Tarot I liked very much but some cards were not suitable.

Thanks for the tip, Jewel. For future reference, I definately will look into the Celtic Dragon. :)
I will look through my Celtic Dragon tonight and get back to you tomorrow regarding the nudity (unless someone beats me to it *LOL*). I will also look through my Shapefishter, but I think it might have a little booby here and there while the person transforms, but I will check anyway. I love writting stories, and have several decks that I find really inspirational for this. One of my most favorites to use for storywritting and storytelling is the Fey Tarot, but it does have some nudity, but it is fantastic for writting stories with, as well as doing tarot readings with.

sacredashes

for personal use..

I took the Tarot Floral (Spirit of Flowers Tarot) out for a test drive today and it's actually pretty cool. Pulled the 9 of Swords, Justice and Ace of Wands and was surprised to find that the reading I received wasn't as trivial or as frivolous as I had expected.

The first impression I had was that it's too much of a sunshine deck but after using it today, I found that paying closer attention to what they are doing and the look on their faces show a different aspect of the cards.

I had thought it was a little too safe for my taste and it has a feel to it that is non-threatening, unlike my Haindl which I still find intimidating but it's energy is different from other decks in my collection and I'm happy with the variation this deck offers.

It gave a feel of childlike purity and innocence which was expected (all the pictures are of children with butterfly wings) but I feel that the cards aren't all happy cards because the expressions on some of these children drew me in during my reading. The energy in a reading can be quite sobering, even if the pictures appear too sweet for in-your-face honesty.

Which I thought was pretty cool since children don't always verbalize what they feel or think the way adults do, their expression of what they feel or think are sometimes better understood through their actions.

This deck works that way. I was sort of resigned to the fact that it was good for picture games and not much more but I'm glad I was wrong about it. Anyone looking for a children friendly deck may find that it serves it's purpose but still quite haunting in it's own way.

Ash

Furnacechant

Another possibility for a kid's deck( again, apparently too late for the original poster, but still)---there are actually TWO Manga Tarots. The one I got was apparently NOT the one everyone on here raves about, and a tad fluffy for me---but I think it actually might be quite suitable for addressing the concerns of Junior High and pre-teen girls, and it actually gives me readings pretty consistent with my grown-up decks.

sacredashes

Furnacechant said:
Another possibility for a kid's deck( again, apparently too late for the original poster, but still)---there are actually TWO Manga Tarots. The one I got was apparently NOT the one everyone on here raves about, and a tad fluffy for me---but I think it actually might be quite suitable for addressing the concerns of Junior High and pre-teen girls, and it actually gives me readings pretty consistent with my grown-up decks.

Furnacechant,

LOL.. I think I saw that deck at Borders. :D It has pretty girls with multi-colored hair that nature definately did not bestow upon us mortals and huge dewy eyes!! Yep, girls will certainly relate to it but I stayed away coz if I had to work with boys, that would definately turn them off.

I have 3 nephews at an age where they make faces when I ask if they have girlfriends in school, play Dinosour vs Dinosour computer games with too many complicated fight combinations and if they're in the mood, they invite me to join them in a "my monster against your monster" card game. Otherwise, they suggest I go play with the Barbie dress-up machine in the arcade because that's for girls. :bugeyed:

Even with the SoF deck, I wonder how interested boys will be when they see the butterfly wings :( but until I actually get little boys assigned to me, I don't have much to worry about. The Celtic Dragon may be a K.I.V option later.

The deck you suggested would be a great deck to use if I was sure I was only working with girls and it would also be helpful if Borders over here improve on their Tarot section.

Ash

Chronata

I agree with you...The Borders I go to would probably be wise to have more variety in the case...rather than 4 copies (large and mini) of the same deck!

Anyway...another deck to consider for boys particularly...the Fradella Adventure.
It's pure comic book...and I guess the more you know about comic book heros, the easier it is to read with them...but they are also based on RWS images, so it's clear to see.

There's no real nudity (except a lot of spandex costumes!...and one card...where things are covered up!)

I read for my 7 year old nephew with these...as well as readings done in schools.

It's true that a lopt of boys aren't interested in tarot readings anyway...but this deck captures their interest!

Jewel

Chronata said:
Anyway...another deck to consider for boys particularly...the Fradella Adventure.
It's pure comic book...and I guess the more you know about comic book heros, the easier it is to read with them...but they are also based on RWS images, so it's clear to see.
OHHHHHHH yes, my friend Gayla wrote a review for this deck here on AT. She had her 8 year old son read with it and she said he was spot on ... his first experience reading tarot. He loves the deck.