Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I find the topic too complicated or confusing

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • The topic doesn't interest me enough to join in

Votes: 23 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gregory

The Stretch is hardly obscure - there was MUCH discussion of it here. Maybe try posting a link to your post in a thread about it ?

Barleywine

Not the case where I'm from.

I'm not an educator myself but my wife was a math teacher, and she laments what Common Core has done to the American approach to education.

gregory

Family crawling with teachers - and the same is happening in the UK. It's all teach to the test, cram for the test and so on.

LeFou

Lao Tzu had the same complaint.

yannie

I'm not an educator myself but my wife was a math teacher, and she laments what Common Core has done to the American approach to education.

I suppose the beauty of my system, as much as it isn't flawless, is that it takes lessons from the successes AND failures of other systems.

And my system is a modern blend that is still evolving - it would be pointless to quote any old Asian example to compare it with.

But I digress. Back on topic!

FLizarraga

SCARF !!!! Me wants a scarf!!!!
Fliz what would we do without you?

Without moi, y'all would probably survive. But your lives would be dull, and mirthless, and light would be scarce... πŸ˜‡

We'd have a lot more scarves to share among those of us who remain... ;)

Are you saying I'm a scarf HOG???????! πŸ™€

Socrates had the same complaint.

Indeed. But modern times have made education both a lot more universal and even worse...

Nica

I stopped posting as much when I felt my posts may not even be read. I didn't feel like I was getting feedback or interest in what I brought to the table.