Postal Service STEALING decks :(

harmony1985

I recently bought a copy of the beautiful Whimsical deck from a nice member here at AT, and was SO EXCITED to receive it, ive been looking out for it every morning in the post. I've wanted it for ages, but never thought i'd own it cos its so hard to find without paying a complete fortune for it.
I recieved it yesterday but only the book was in there. My heart sank.

The packaging had been ripped on the front and then slit open and my deck is missing it had then been repackaged in a plastic wrap saying canada post apologises for the damage etc

Im GUTTED someone has obviously ripped a hole in the front to look through and then decided to slit it open and take it. Then send the book onto me to rub salt in the wound!

I've been on USPS and Canada Post's website but they make it so bloody difficult to make a complaint, especially living in the UK. I cant fill in an online form without a zip code, and i have a post code. Not that it matters much cos every form is displayed online to download EXCEPT the form to complaint about a rifled package. Convienient.

They advise getting a form from my local post office but i dont know if a british post office will have forms to complain about an American service?
No idea, i'm going to go and try after work though. They wont get away with this!! Although they probably will. I hope they get their comeuppance :( bad karma coming to them...grrrr

Anyone else been waiting for a deck full of excitement to open it and find out some theiving employee got their first?
Or perhaps they damaged your deck? Or just lost it all together?

Let rip about the incompetence of the people we trust to handle our property!

Dusk Till Dawn

I am pretty angry at the Postal services.. There you are, paid for them to deliver your package, and then it gets lost??? My Father was to stupid and had sent me 100 Euros for X-mas in a letter, from the US..I can't believe he did that. Everyone knows you shouldn't send Money in the Mail! Needless to say, it never got here...I even had an Alphalab Trifield Meter stolen by them. Isn't it funny, while you wait for a package, that you always have this funny feeling in your stomach, and then it even takes longer, and longer to arrive, if it arrives. I think I am more relieved every time a package gets here from overseas, than that I am happy to receive the deck! I hope the Decks I really am waiting for are safe, and will arrive!!!!
Also I am really angry, that the Package I've sent to Australia for the X-mas Exchange never arrived!!!

cardlady22

I've been seeing a lot of news stories lately about carriers not delivering their route's mail, about employees with enough tenure NOT getting fired for taking things, etc.

It's enough to make me want to start a petition for deck/book publishers to set up deals with print shops in the chains like Kinkos/Office Max/Office Depot to just email printable PDFs to our home towns! Hey, at least nothing would go out of print again!

souljourney

My MIL mail lady is awful!! If it's a package she doesn't even bother. She waits til it's her day off and the shift cover guy gets stuck with the packages.
Plus half the time there is no notice dropped in their box even if they did bother to leave the package at the apt. office.
They always get mis-delivered mail and so on. We try to use UPS for any and all packages to them.
I will be sending some things overseas... no choice but the P.O. unless I want to pay A TON!!!

Chara

I hate ordering things online because I'm always worried I'll enter something in wrong and my package will be sent off to Kansas or something.

So the wait to get the mail is always filled with terror at what else could go wrong. Especially when I'm ordering expensive tarot decks. XD I was on pins when I was waiting for the Tarot of Dreams.

I've never really had any trouble with the post office though, except for the ONE woman who was on our route when I lived in Texas. Sometimes we would get our mail..sometimes we wouldn't...and after a package of mine had gone missing, I was seriously starting to hate this woman! And eventually, all of our things were found in a field, where she had been DUMPING them when she got tired of doing her job!!

I believe she was fired for this, but the thought that there are carriers out there getting away with it is just sad. And there are so many hard working people in the postal service. My mother's friend has a mailman who will track her down on the land she owns to give her the packages that come for her. And it only takes one person who steals mail or is otherwise unethical or unprofessional to just drag everyone else down.

Hathor

Wow, this makes me very leary about sending anything to Canada. I am actually supposed to be sending a package to a fellow ATer today.

Ann1988

That is horrible! I have never experienced anything like that before. I'm so sorry for those of you who have!

Purrfect

apparantly you have to contact the person who sent the package and ask them to file a complaint. There are restrictions on what items can be claimed for. Then if all else fials contact customer services.

I know its not much but i hope it helps someone. I dont order from abroad now and havent for serveral years.

blackairplane

If you ever saw how they do the hiring for these civil service positions you'd understand why they get the ones they do.' Going postal" is just the extreme of the personality type.
I used to have a neighbor who was a mailman. He was, I believe, truly insane. He wrote long rambling letters to the newspaper about metaphysical subjects, and kept a dead pet Siamese cat he had in the refigerator for a week because he thought it was not really dead but in a "suspended state".
He hated to work and he had 5 kids who were all around my age. It was a weekly tradition to see him out in the driveway by the little post office jeep with his wife pulling his arms on one side and his kids pushing his big a** on the other begging him to get in the vehicle and go to work. Literally. Once I saw him stomp on his mailman hat, and rush back inside bellowing that he would never work again, dragging his smallest child clutching one leg through the driveway gravel. We thought it was funny as kids.
He finally retired and lived for years on his fat pension, talking daily on the porch of his house to the ghost of the Siamese cat which he called Chang.
If he werent dead, I'd say he had your deck.

souljourney

blackairplane said:
If you ever saw how they do the hiring for these civil service positions you'd understand why they get the ones they do.' Going postal" is just the extreme of the personality type.
I used to have a neighbor who was a mailman. He was, I believe, truly insane. He wrote long rambling letters to the newspaper about metaphysical subjects, and kept a dead pet Siamese cat he had in the refigerator for a week because he thought it was not really dead but in a "suspended state".
He hated to work and he had 5 kids who were all around my age. It was a weekly tradition to see him out in the driveway by the little post office jeep with his wife pulling his arms on one side and his kids pushing his big a** on the other begging him to get in the vehicle and go to work. Literally. Once I saw him stomp on his mailman hat, and rush back inside bellowing that he would never work again, dragging his smallest child clutching one leg through the driveway gravel. We thought it was funny as kids.
He finally retired and lived for years on his fat pension, talking daily on the porch of his house to the ghost of the Siamese cat which he called Chang.
If he werent dead, I'd say he had your deck.

:bugeyed:

I get all my things sent to my work addy. We have great postal people that deliver there.