Postal Service STEALING decks :(

Purrfect

blackairplane im trying not to laugh. One mailman the other day didnt give me time to get to the door. I know its express delivery but he gave me about 5 seconds to open it and rushed off on the icey pathway muttering under his breath. I phoned up and said... I know its express delivery but could you get him to slow down next time. Item arrived later that day with a very red faced deliverer about to swear. I decided to use a shock tactic a box of asda chocolates. He stuttered off up the pathway and was bemused at it.
saying "I dont usually get anything, not even at xmas."
I thought I best stock up on asda choccys quick.

celticnoodle

In my hometown, many years ago, the law found two empty trailers in a trailer park that a few of hte local mailmen payed for themselves--(renting) and when they were 'tired' of delivering mail, rather then deliver it or take it back to the post office,they would drop it off in these trailers. :bugeyed:

I can't recall anymore what alerted the police to these two trailers,but they got a warrant and broke into them finding letters and packages filling almost every room in both trailers! can you imagine?

I have had things lost in the mail before too, and it is aggravating, but I realize no system is 100% completly safe. things happen--but sometimes when you can see a box is ripped open, and half the things inside are taken out, it is ridiculous!

Myrrha

I have never had a package sent with delivery confirmation go missing or arrive damaged. I have had problems with packages sent without delivery confirmation.

It is almost like delivery confirmation prompts the post office to take the package more seriously. To get the level of service that you used to be able to count on from the post office you have to pay extra.

I know this is not how it is supposed to be.

Delivery confirmation is only available in the US so it will not help with sending decks to Canada or Europe.

celticnoodle

blackairplane said:
If you ever saw how they do the hiring for these civil service positions you'd understand why they get the ones they do.' Going postal" is just the extreme of the personality type.
I used to have a neighbor who was a mailman. He was, I believe, truly insane. He wrote long rambling letters to the newspaper about metaphysical subjects, and kept a dead pet Siamese cat he had in the refigerator for a week because he thought it was not really dead but in a "suspended state".
He hated to work and he had 5 kids who were all around my age. It was a weekly tradition to see him out in the driveway by the little post office jeep with his wife pulling his arms on one side and his kids pushing his big a** on the other begging him to get in the vehicle and go to work. Literally. Once I saw him stomp on his mailman hat, and rush back inside bellowing that he would never work again, dragging his smallest child clutching one leg through the driveway gravel. We thought it was funny as kids.
He finally retired and lived for years on his fat pension, talking daily on the porch of his house to the ghost of the Siamese cat which he called Chang.
If he werent dead, I'd say he had your deck.
:laugh: OMG, BA! the freaks you know! :D

Purrfect

I lost a friend from them saying they had sent me a pendant for valentines day a best friends one. This was years back yes before Noah built the Ark.
We still dont talk I tried and I get a firm reply saying I did send you that pendant! Maybe he was normal maybe he was insane and thought he sent it. He was a bit la-la in the head as he never stopped arguing with me. So i'll never know.

Yet our mailman here the new one is cute dark brown hair blue eyes stubble. Gets the mail here on time or tries to and is always in a good mood.

Sophie

blackairplane said:
If you ever saw how they do the hiring for these civil service positions you'd understand why they get the ones they do.' Going postal" is just the extreme of the personality type.
I used to have a neighbor who was a mailman. He was, I believe, truly insane. He wrote long rambling letters to the newspaper about metaphysical subjects, and kept a dead pet Siamese cat he had in the refigerator for a week because he thought it was not really dead but in a "suspended state".
He hated to work and he had 5 kids who were all around my age. It was a weekly tradition to see him out in the driveway by the little post office jeep with his wife pulling his arms on one side and his kids pushing his big a** on the other begging him to get in the vehicle and go to work. Literally. Once I saw him stomp on his mailman hat, and rush back inside bellowing that he would never work again, dragging his smallest child clutching one leg through the driveway gravel. We thought it was funny as kids.
He finally retired and lived for years on his fat pension, talking daily on the porch of his house to the ghost of the Siamese cat which he called Chang.
If he werent dead, I'd say he had your deck.
That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time :laugh:

I've rarely had problems with any post office of any country, and I've lived in some dysfunctional ones, so I'm lucky. I buy from the US a lot - exchange rate is favourable - and nothing's gone astray so far. But the only time really made me mad - and nothing I could do about it. I sent a parcel from Switzerland to my niece and nephew in Paris. It never arrived. My guess is, a French postal worker nicked it, but because it was international, the Swiss and French postal systems accused each other, and nothing ever got done.

Weird stories I'm reading on this thread, however. Sorry about your Whimsical, Harmony :(

Barbaras Ahajusts

Purrfect said:
I lost a friend from them saying they had sent me a pendant for valentines day a best friends one. This was years back yes before Noah built the Ark.
We still dont talk I tried and I get a firm reply saying I did send you that pendant! Maybe he was normal maybe he was insane and thought he sent it. He was a bit la-la in the head as he never stopped arguing with me. So i'll never know.
Damn!
Here I have been pondering about a job I could do. Low & behold I think I found one. Delivering mail!
I don't talk to Chang, but anymore, I swear everyone else has been wanting to talk to me that has crossed over!
I would fit in nicely into the post office as I have my own storage trailer!

What luck for me. :laugh:

I've had my troubles with the post office too. Its the outright theft that really ticks me off, though!

Barb

Dusk Till Dawn

Purrfect said:
blackairplane im trying not to laugh. One mailman the other day didnt give me time to get to the door. I know its express delivery but he gave me about 5 seconds to open it and rushed off on the icey pathway muttering under his breath. I phoned up and said... I know its express delivery but could you get him to slow down next time. Item arrived later that day with a very red faced deliverer about to swear. I decided to use a shock tactic a box of asda chocolates. He stuttered off up the pathway and was bemused at it.
saying "I dont usually get anything, not even at xmas."
I thought I best stock up on asda choccys quick.
Thats so funny! Happened to me, when they were supposed to deliver a big package from my Dad, again from the US, she didn't even ring the door bell, she wanted to put that slip in my mailbox. I was faster, she really was pissed, getting that huge box out of that car. When she saw me, she said, oh well, i guess we don't need that slip anymore.. I know when they arrive.. I am watching them. LOL

Purrfect

I'm ok so far but I have ordered a couple items necessities. I am hoping they turn up. I find the waiting difficult and worse is if it takes longer than it says it will. I have found that on amazon for dvds it might say its from the uk but it turns out it might be from the EU or elsewhere. I had that recently with a dvd and it took 4 weeks not 1-2 days.
I'm really no good with waiting and that is when I become impatient.

celticnoodle

Seeker*13* said:
Thats so funny! Happened to me, when they were supposed to deliver a big package from my Dad, again from the US, she didn't even ring the door bell, she wanted to put that slip in my mailbox. I was faster, she really was pissed, getting that huge box out of that car. When she saw me, she said, oh well, i guess we don't need that slip anymore.. I know when they arrive.. I am watching them. LOL
:laugh: now, THAT is funny! :laugh: