Postal Service STEALING decks :(

Ann1988

celticnoodle said:
I remember this being on the news! terrible, isn't it?

Quite. I have also heard of neighbors signing for packages and keeping them or selling them.

The crowned one

harmony1985 said:
I recently bought a copy of the beautiful Whimsical deck from a nice member here at AT, and was SO EXCITED to receive it, ive been looking out for it every morning in the post. I've wanted it for ages, but never thought i'd own it cos its so hard to find without paying a complete fortune for it.
I recieved it yesterday but only the book was in there. My heart sank.

The packaging had been ripped on the front and then slit open and my deck is missing it had then been repackaged in a plastic wrap saying canada post apologises for the damage etc

Im GUTTED someone has obviously ripped a hole in the front to look through and then decided to slit it open and take it. Then send the book onto me to rub salt in the wound!

I've been on USPS and Canada Post's website but they make it so bloody difficult to make a complaint, especially living in the UK. I cant fill in an online form without a zip code, and i have a post code. Not that it matters much cos every form is displayed online to download EXCEPT the form to complaint about a rifled package. Convienient.

They advise getting a form from my local post office but i dont know if a british post office will have forms to complain about an American service?
No idea, i'm going to go and try after work though. They wont get away with this!! Although they probably will. I hope they get their comeuppance :( bad karma coming to them...grrrr

Anyone else been waiting for a deck full of excitement to open it and find out some theiving employee got their first?
Or perhaps they damaged your deck? Or just lost it all together?

Let rip about the incompetence of the people we trust to handle our property!

The person who sold you the deck needs to make the claim. As long as they had it insured and have proof of value ( Canada post accepts ebay prices, receipts etc for proof of value...most packages come automatically with 100.00 the seller needs to ask for more) I have had to make 2 claims in the last 5 or so years, both were handled promply, politely and without question. Unfortunatly at your end there is very little you can do. Your seller must do it all.

I have a friend who worked for Canada post in the "sorting factory" during Christmas rush years ago. Some of the practices he described to me were eye opening in the disregard they have for your actual package BUT the contents are watched very closely. They have camera's everywhere, he said there is a 3 to 1 ratio of "security" to sorter. Everyone is watched, and the slightest deviation from their policy is grounds for dismissal. I really doubt the package was "stolen" by a Canadian postal worker. I am very sorry for your loss, and I too have lost the odd package, but ultimatly insurance has made it possible to replace the loss. Here is the phone nunber your seller needs to use: 1-866-607-6301

If all else fails:

"Complaint resolution process
The complaint resolution process ensures that Canada Post has every opportunity to resolve your complaint. Therefore, before appealing to the Ombudsman, you must contact Canada Post Customer Service at 1-800-267-1177 (1-416-979-8822 from outside Canada). Customer Service agents will attempt to resolve your complaint and provide you with a file number referencing your complaint. You may also submit your complaint online at www.canadapost.ca."

blackairplane

Ann1988 said:
This is a practice that always bothered me. Around my area last Christmas, a group of thieves were following UPS trucks and stealing the packages left on porches.

So, this begs the question: Do you think they left the ones from "Hickory Farms" on the porch? :laugh:

tigerlily

:bugeyed:

And I thought it was only the postal service around here... I have to go to the post office for every single package because they don't even bother to ring the doorbell - and most of the time don't even leave a notice. I have to guess when my parcel "should already have arrived" and then ask at the office if they have something for me.

And to learn that the post is a mess all around the globe! Are they paid so poorly everywhere?

Purrfect

well blackairplane my delivery guy the hot one rides a bike. So maybe we are shareing the same guy.I guess they had to ship him somewhere.
I had a tarot deck sent to me wrong language and wrong deck but, I got to keep it they didnt charge me for it as it was too far to send back and too costly.

cardlady22

I'll be the first to admit that it is probably a very physically hard job. I've heard/seen some of the mail carriers' horror stories about vicious dogs in the yard, etc. And even a small yappy dog can run under your feet and cause you to be hurt. I've seen some of the smaller female UPS drivers struggle with larger packages & I worry about them. Also, on my rural route, they are not even provided with a company vehicle. I don't know how they can drive all hunched on the wrong side of their own car. I'm sure the "reimbursement" for mileage does not equal the wear & tear.

Still, it's no excuse to NOT do your job. But, who is going to "quit" a job with benefits in a small depressed economy?

Purrfect

true. I'm just greatful when the items turn up as I dont have to go out and battle with the weather and ques. I have seen delivery drivers turn up in the ice and snow. Currently we're having a lot of rain after snow storms. So all in all I can say im lucky to have my items as it's not pleasant out there.
Im not oking the items not turning up for people as I dont know if my necessities will turn up yet.

blackairplane

Purrfect said:
well blackairplane my delivery guy the hot one rides a bike. So maybe we are shareing the same guy.I guess they had to ship him somewhere.
I had a tarot deck sent to me wrong language and wrong deck but, I got to keep it they didnt charge me for it as it was too far to send back and too costly.

Oh my OUI guy is definitely NOT hot. He'd have to pay me to look at him in shorts. He's numb as a pounded thumb too.

BlueBird5

okay, about USPS.... I had my nightmares with them. Well, I feel their pain at the same time...

Last December 2008, our regular postal carrier got her ankle broken coz she slipped and fell from people who dont clean up the ice after snow. So she has to take about a couple of weeks off.

Then they sent a newbie guy who screwed up all of our mail in my neighborhood. We lost our mails and including the credit card staments... }8X

My mails end up to my neighbor and I got theirs. To add insult to injury... I bring their mails to them... but those neighbor its either send them back to the sender or just thrown them away. Such a bull... right... So my attitude now is to throw their lost mails also in my trash bin... Sorry an eye for an eye... This has not been happened once.. but a lot of times.

I even get UPS and FEDEX delivery to my doorstep for my neighbors address... what is this?? If its a bag full of cold cash in Millions... I will keep them.. LOL

oh, another horror story... I ordered stick batteries... upon receiving the package.. it was packed in USPS bags with note... package came in damage... We care for your stuff. Looking closely... the items was crushed and with tire imprints and looks like being ran over by their truck. How nice of USPS to care... LOL

Purrfect

sorry to hear he's not hot,you could always ...grill him....for questions as to why the mail is late.
I once had the neighbours groceries etc being delivered in boxes in our garden. They had my address to deliver to. I tried to tell the neighbour but she wouldnt answer the door. I did get to manage to read what they were having delivered though. No idea if they received the goods as the neighbour doesnt talk to anyone.