PRE-ORDER TAROT DECK PRICES

gregory

It's not delayed any longer than waiting for it in the first place - I don't quite get that....

I've never had one go up on me, only down.

decan

Yes, we have it in the first place, but honestly my enthusiasm is decreasing after a while.
It's really different when I order a deck and I receive it after one or two weeks.
It's possible that I am a bit impatient!

AJ

you would certainly have to factor in the shipping cost of Amazon or Book Depository vs. Kickstarter merchants?

I've never had Amazon cancel or raise a preorder price. I put preorder things in my cart so I don't forget about them.

decan

you would certainly have to factor in the shipping cost of Amazon or Book Depository vs. Kickstarter merchants?

I've never had Amazon cancel or raise a preorder price. I put preorder things in my cart so I don't forget about them.
Good point! Yes of course on Amazon or Book Depository we haven't the shipping in addition!

The Shadow

I pre-order for a different reason, I am glad about the price guarantee, but mainly I want the retailer in question to know that I want to buy it. I had the experience a few years ago of noting that the Japaridze tarot would be published, watching it on Amazon.ca, it was available for a few days, (less than a week) and when I was prepared to order, it was unavailable and as far as I could tell, stayed that way. I ordered it from Amazon.com, with the shipping and customs duties for having it sent to Canada, definitely more expensive. So this is my way of saying, I want this deck.

Leo77

Hey AT Folks,

My question is do pre-order tarot deck prices turn out to be cheaper or more expensive?

What has been your experience?

Thnx!

G6

So far I have pre-ordered around five decks and I've never had someone contact me to say I needed to send more money before they would release it nor have any of the decks gone down in price immediately upon release after I had paid more for the pre-order.

I have to say, though, that I pre-ordered decks from very reliable sources (a lenormand from the creator of the Tyldwick, the Alchemical tarot by Robert Place, the Raven's Prophecy Tarot published by Llewellyn for Maggie Stiefvater, etc). I have never pre-ordered a relatively unheard of deck from any place like Etsy or some random website I happened to come across. So I don't think I was ever in any danger of shenanigans.