Promise me?

gregory

This IS a little OT - but the purpose is to worship Lillie and eat cupcakes.

And more seriously, you also need to chat to people like grigori and Aeon....

jdev

Thanks, Gregory. I think that this just isn't the deck or system for me. I feel it in my gut and it's unsettling me. I'm going over to put the whole lot up for sale and put a cold compress on my head.

gregory

No no, you love it really :D Ask Nicky !

jdev

Thank you all for being so nice and helpful where this blasted deck is concerned. It turned on me tonight because it knows I hate it. I know when I've been licked. Uncle Al and his deck will hopefully be leaving my once peaceful abode shortly. I bid you fine friends adieu and will see you in other forums here on AT.

Much love.

Hers,
Jagadeesh

Craxiette

Take a few deeep breaths...

Whoa, chill out dude!

"It turned on me tonight because it knows I hate it."

Take a step back, relax and just think about the absurdity of this statement. IT'S ONLY A DECK OF PAPER CARDS, WITH PICTURES ON IT. It cannot "turn on you", as it cannot do anything but reflect what is already inside of you. Do you also blame your bathroom mirror when you are having a bad hair day..? Apparently you are experiencing some inner turmoil, possibly triggered by the powerful symbolism of this particular deck. I think this is very normal, I think anyone who studies the tarot beyond the surface level will inevitably experience some discomfort at times. All that means is that it is working, it is bringing out parts of you that need to be healed. Bravo! :)

No need to hate, mate!

But probably you do need some time out to allow things to settle. Maybe you are right and this deck is not for you, that's ok because we all have to walk our individually unique paths. But I hope you will have the strength to "stay with" the discomfort and learn from the experience regardless. I wish you all the best and good luck, with or without the Thoth!

/Craxie

Grigori

Craxiette said:
I think anyone who studies the tarot beyond the surface level will inevitably experience some discomfort at times. All that means is that it is working, it is bringing out parts of you that need to be healed. Bravo! :)

:thumbsup:

*says in his best Yoda impersonation*

"Make ommlette you cannot, without breaking a few eggs. And make ommlette you must, if surpass Miss Cleo you wish to"

jdev

It wasn't meant to be absurd, it was meant to be humorous. I've said the same thing about ovens and/or recipes when recipes have failed, the shampoo on bad hair days, and the world when I am pissed off. You needn't all caps me. :p

Long story short? I bought the deck on a whim without having any desire for it, bought the accompanying texts when I realized one would need them to get the most of out of the deck, continued not to have any desire for it (though I am particularly drawn to the knight of swords) or the desire to learn the deck, realized that I couldn't make myself like it, and now want to be rid of it and all the accoutrements. :)

Everyone has "their" deck. Uncle Al's is not mine. :)

Craxiette said:
Whoa, chill out dude!

"It turned on me tonight because it knows I hate it."

Take a step back, relax and just think about the absurdity of this statement. IT'S ONLY A DECK OF PAPER CARDS, WITH PICTURES ON IT. It cannot "turn on you", as it cannot do anything but reflect what is already inside of you. Do you also blame your bathroom mirror when you are having a bad hair day..? Apparently you are experiencing some inner turmoil, possibly triggered by the powerful symbolism of this particular deck. I think this is very normal, I think anyone who studies the tarot beyond the surface level will inevitably experience some discomfort at times. All that means is that it is working, it is bringing out parts of you that need to be healed. Bravo! :)

No need to hate, mate!

But probably you do need some time out to allow things to settle. Maybe you are right and this deck is not for you, that's ok because we all have to walk our individually unique paths. But I hope you will have the strength to "stay with" the discomfort and learn from the experience regardless. I wish you all the best and good luck, with or without the Thoth!

/Craxie

Debra

Well, if any deck could turn on you, this would be the one :laugh:

Craxiette

Ok...err...sorry about any misunderstandings. You got me really confused!

No desire for it? Just a week ago, you wrote:

jdev said:
I'm also Jagadeesh. I just picked up the Thoth tarot at a local mom and pop and I am so IN LOVE with this deck.

Ever tried speed-dating..? ;-)

jdev

What can I say, a man wants what a man wants. Love 'em and leave 'em? Make me a sandwich and then get the hell out? (not you - the deck)

I'm like a raccoon and love shiny new things. It was shiny and new. Now it's pale and ugly and a blight on an otherwise harmonious and lovely tarot collection.

You digging up and quoting past posts is a bit stalker-ish. I like it. :)

Craxiette said:
Ok...err...sorry about any misunderstandings. You got me really confused!

No desire for it? Just a week ago, you wrote:

Ever tried speed-dating..? ;-)