Promise me?

nicky

jdev said:
I REBUKE the TdM in the name of PAMELA COLEMAN SMITH, hallowed be her name.

um you may want to spell her name correctly in that case......

Laura Borealis

Oh, what's an extra E between friends? Even A.E. spelled it wrong. Pixie doesn't mind!

jdev

You hush, blasphemer. :p She's dead as hell and doesn't give a rat's patootie if I call her Bob.

nicky said:
um you may want to spell her name correctly in that case......

Richard

I use the TdM myself, but I honor the memory of Pixie and her accomplishments. Her circumstances at the time of her death were very sad, but when the Grim Reaper cuts me down, I shall soon be forgotten, unlike the "dead as hell" Pamela Colman Smith.

Cerulean

A joke and a link, hopefully helpful

jdev said:
You hush, blasphemer. :p She's dead as hell and doesn't give a rat's patootie if I call her Bob.

Bob's yer uncle. Pixie sometimes feels like "Auntie Colman" (no e) to me, some days when I look at her images in a merry mood...and Ms. Colman-Smith sometimes when I look at the art of her cards with thoughtfulness of the art of cartomancy and the "golden age" of story illustrations at that time... and I think of Lady Frieda as my sacred geometry teacher (smiles).

I'd take the Thoth deck as a slow sip sometimes, a dip into a different pool of imagery at different times. But then, I like to rove the tarot centuries in different ways, returning to different card families (like twentieth and twenti-first century Thoth deck styles/thinkers) at different seasons.

The way the Thoth court cards are named by A.C. and painted by Frieda Harris, are stunning mythical characters to me. The titles such as "Queen of the Thrones of Air" sometimes re-interpreted--say through the Via Path of Life Tarot--I just find the characters compelling. Some may think they are to sci-fi/fantasy, but really like the distinct descriptions...

http://hermetic.com/crowley/book-of-thoth/court-cards.html

Hope the links available on the net help you find the study you need. The link shows some small motifs that would be helpful to compare. One thing that I like about some texts that describe Thoth cards is how they group the same numbered cards from the different suits together so I can study the differences, such as four aces, four queens, etc. It's somehow a really interesting feel to me, when one studies the different images and texts on different decks, how the 'feel' of the how the cards are grouped show me something different. I cannot describe this more specifically, but it's just my small take on learning different families of decks.

Best wishes,

Cerulean

poopsie

Hi jdev

The richly rewarded - in my case, I do feel that I have been richly rewarded ... at least insight-wise. I do find it fulfilling when I get to understand the cards a bit ... but I also tend to crave and hunger more because the more I study, the more I realize I know very little ... so far, I am actually happy with the insights I am getting ... in fact, it's really getting to be a habit to the point that I do feel a sense of lack when I don't get to read even for a short while.

Now, about the evil aspect of Crowley, I am not too sure about that yet ... I haven't felt that yet so far. Good luck -- I do hope you will truly be richly rewarded.

Laura Borealis

gregory said:
Sadly it isn't a bad deck. I rather like it !!!!!
I've had another look, and I think I like it too! The scans I saw at first made it look rather grainy, but now that I've seen some better ones I'm grooving on the Egyptian vibe and the bright colors.

Plus it's CHEAP :D

nicky

Where are the mods to sweep the cleo dropping out of the Thoth rooms...

:bugeyed:

Laura Borealis

Hush you ;)

Grigori

They are hanging around thinking "How come no one can stay on topic anymore?" ;)