Last one of the day.
Here's the Emperor.

xx

Attachments

• Emperor.jpg
    Emperor.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 129

Netzach

I'm amazed by the speed at which you're producing them. Obviously inspiration has hit you hard! I particularly like the Emperor.

Leo62

Thanks for your comments catlin, QoP and Netzach :)

Here's the explanation for the 3 cards:

High Priestess – The Weak Force

At the subatomic level, there are two different kinds of matter particles, quarks and leptons. There are six types of quark (see the Hermit card), and six types of lepton, but only a few of these types of either particle are common in our universe. Two varieties of quark, up and down, make up all the protons and neutrons in the atomic nucleus and the most common type of lepton, the negatively-charged electron, orbits the nucleus. The other two electrically-charged leptons, the muon and the tau, are much more massive than the electron, and the remaining leptons are the three varieties of neutrino that have no electrical charge and very little mass. Consequently they are very difficult to find. Despite this variety, all stable matter in the universe seems to be made from up and down quarks, electrons and neutrinos.

This is because the more massive particles are unstable and quickly decay into the lighter quarks and leptons. The Weak Force is responsible for this process of decay. When a particle decays, it appears to vanish and is replaced by two or more different kinds of particles. The total mass and energy is conserved in the process, though some of the particles’ original mass is converted into kinetic energy. Therefore the final particles always have less mass than the original particle. The up and down quarks, the electron and the neutrinos have the least mass and cannot decay any further. The carrier particles of the Weak force that effect this process of decay are the electrically charged W+ and W- bosons and the neutral Z boson.

Empress - Gravity

Gravity is perhaps the most familiar of the four forces. It can be defined as a force of attraction between two objects, proportional to the objects’ masses and their distance from each other. Every one of us has a gravitational effect upon everyone else, but this effect is so tiny that we are not aware of it. In fact, gravity is by far the weakest of the four forces. It only has a significant impact at the level of the very large; planets, stars, galaxies. At this scale, gravity has a profound effect on the shape of the universe, playing a significant part in the birth, life and death of stars and galaxies. Like the other forces gravity is thought to have a carrier particle, called the graviton (though this has yet to be proved experimentally).

Emperor – The Strong Force

The Strong Force holds together quarks to form protons and neutrons in the nucleus of an atom. It also holds together the nucleus itself. As its name implies, it is very powerful, but operates only over a tiny distance. Its carrier particle, fancifully named the gluon, holds together groups of up and down quarks to form either protons (2 up quarks and 1 down quark) or neutrons (1 up quark and 2 down quarks).

Quarks have something called colour charge (nothing to do with actual colours, just a naming convention) and the attraction between colour-charged particles is very powerful. When two quarks come into close contact they exchange gluons, forming a colour force field that binds them together. As long as gluons are being exchanged, the quarks’ colour charge keeps changing between red, blue and green. Colour-charged quarks are never found individually, but are always confined within colour-neutral groups with other quarks.

Netzach

John's just read the latest descriptions and says they're all correct. May I suggest changing the semicolon in "at the level of the very large; planets, stars, galaxies." in the Empress to a colon. (I don't understand a word of the science so I have to comment on the punctuation!!!)

Leo62

Netzach said:
John's just read the latest descriptions and says they're all correct. May I suggest changing the semicolon in "at the level of the very large; planets, stars, galaxies." in the Empress to a colon. (I don't understand a word of the science so I have to comment on the punctuation!!!)
Woohoo! No mistakes! Netzach - please thank your husband for his sterling work. And feedback on punctuation is always welcome. :)

Bat Chicken

Thanks to Netzach in another thread - that I found this one. All I can say is WOW - I want this deck when it's done - it's clever and creative. I will be watching this thread! I love every card...
VERY nice work.....:)

Leo62

Thanks Bat Chicken :) There should be some more cards up on Friday, inspiration permitting...

stella01904

MM ~ That Death card would make a fantastic art print, too - I want one for my wall, if you ever produce one!
BB, Stella
I can't stop looking at it, I keep going back and clicking the link....! :smoker: