question =)

Milfoil

Hi Nathan

Welcome to Aeclectic.

Your Gilded deck will be fine, certainly for your early explorations anyway.

I've just picked up a copy myself yesterday - we can learn about this deck at the same time. :)

Little Baron

Milfoil said:
I've just picked up a copy myself yesterday - we can learn about this deck at the same time. :)

Not many newbies get an invitation like that! I would snap it up :)

LB

satinangel

The Gilded is a wonderful deck. I hope you both enjoy it as much as I have. It is the deck that is the most popular with my clients at fairs. It has many layers and is a wonderful tool!

Enjoy! Oh and welcome to AT Nathan!!!

Queen of Pentacle

this and that

LittleBuddha

Thanks for the info, I most amazed of the quality of participants at Aeclectic.
By the way, I really enjoyed the Fantastic Menagerie book, so much that I splurged in a lot of baba kits to get more books.

The Fantastic Menagerie autors have indeed a lot of talent to place personnages and stories to give perspective and new insigh to the cards. It was a treat!

LittleBuddha said:
Oh, I did not realise QueenOfPentacle. I thought Nathan had just misplaced the name. I didn't know there was another.
LB

And as you noticed, we are two (maybe more) Queen of Pentacle(s). I did not know when I firt signed in. The other one is a very renowned participant on aeclectic, and someone full of insigh... And the mix-max of names made her change her name to "Jackdaw". I feel not so confortable with that, as she was (is) the first. For sure, she had a very "royal" and generous attitide toward this, but I feel she should have stayed the "queen".

Nathan

ty

wow lol i have no idea if im posting this in the right place but thank you very much for the welcome and the help. =)

Little Baron

Nathan said:
wow lol i have no idea if im posting this in the right place but thank you very much for the welcome and the help. =)

Yep, that's the one, Nathan :)

Queen, I was a little confused at first but could tell you apart by avatars. Mistakes happen, but like you say, Jackdaw still has her regal qualities, so I am sure she changed gracefully. I am getting used to her new name. I used to be Yaboot, incidentally.

So there you go Nathan; a little info to ease you into the community. Hope you have fun here and look forward to your first insights with the Gilded. is that the one you have chosen to use?

LB

Nathan

w00t!

Lol cool im getting it! yea im gonna start with gilded cards cant wait to get going, seems so much to learn hopefully i'll get there.

Sophie

LittleBuddha said:
And the Fantastic Menagerie gives the whole experience a different twist. Personally, out of the two, I think that one might stretch your mind a little further. From my memory, there is an acompanying book, which was written by a complete and utter nutcase, LOL :D Ain't that right, Helvetica? :D :D :D
Takes one to know one, LB :*

If you do happen to stumble across a Fantastic Menagerie tarot deck (and book ;)), Nathan, then I'd naturally recommend that one - it's a fabulous deck, and very suitable for beginners. But you'll get a lot out of your Gilded, by all accounts (not a Gilded fan myself, but I know a lot of people swear by it - including some very good readers!).

Nathan

Another question ><

Hi

Both decks come with a card bag and a little box. It says in there to protect the box with symbols which i have no idea what to do there. To store cards with crystals or stones.Do you need to do these things if so what should i buy and where from.

Thanks.

RubyRuby

There is so much variety in how different people store their cards. It all boils down to what you feel most comfortable doing. Do you NEED to decorate the boxes and keep them with stones? Some people say yes, some say no.

I keep mine in bags, with a quartz in each one. I NEED to keep them in bags so I don't lose cards or the dog doesn't eat them. But I don't NEED to keep a quartz in each one, it is just a habit I got into. I like putting the quartz on the spread cloth when I'm reading, so I keep one in the bag.

You can buy stones and crystals on the internet, metaphysical book stores. Sometimes craft stores.

I like the quartz because it's a good all round power booster. There may be others that are better, but I'm happy with the quartz.