Reading carpet samples??? Breath Mints???

tmgrl2

Umbrae said:
Which BTW assumes that we only reincarnate forward in the time-stream. What if...?

Suppose past-life memories are confusing because they come from a place forward in the stream?

And suppose I learn a lesson about life tomorrow...then perhaps I have known it already...all along....always.

This is a wonderful experience you had, Red Emma....makes me want to get out the sugar packs.

terri

Kiama

I'm the kind of person that has a party trick. I read sauce packets and Celebrations chocolates, beer foam and peanuts... Anything really, though the stranger the better (and preferably food-oriented. It just makes it yummy!)

I'm not sure if it is intuition that enables me to read these things, but I am sure that when I read them my mind suddenly becomes a hive of activity - I look at the sauce packets that have been drawn by the querents, look at the colours, feel the texture of the sauce inside, and my mind opens up to a panorama of possibility. It buzzes for a while before I find a small, quiet centre - and there is the answer.

Usually, the answer comes in the form of relating symbolism. The mint sauce packets is dark green - what does dark green mean? (Often it can mean several different things, but my head buzzes and finds just one possibility.) What does the dog-shape in the beer foam mean? What does the name "Bounty" mean? What does coconut bring to mind? Is that a rune-shape the peanuts have fallen into...?

Anybody seen The Da Vinci Code? I don't care if you thought it was good/bad/poorly researched, Langdon is me. Just like him I see symbols everywhere, in small insignificant things like paving stones. Unconnected lines come together to make an image, and that image has meaning.

Just as Umbrae said, the world is an oracle... When I read Tarot I don't just read Tarot anymore. Every card has a link with something else, a vista of meaning and symbolism that can be found elsewhere. Here the Empress triggers something in my brain about a passage I read in a book some time; there the Empress' hands for a pattern that I can't help thinking is similar in shape to [insert symbol here]. But the best thing about reading Tarot like this is that when I look at a card I don't see every possibility - I know there are so many - but somehow, judging by the querent's responses so far, I see the right possibility. Now, that leaves room for something other than my own intuition and obssession with symbolism, no? (Yay for a Tarot version of the God of the Gaps theory!)

Kiama

tmgrl2

Umbrae said:
Tarot is just a tool. Divination can be done with anything…after all – the world is an oracle…

Yes...and, while I don't do what you do, Kiama, which I think is great...I find that, the more I read Tarot for others, the more I am reading people more overtly than before...it just brings the awareness to the surface....It's all there to see, we just have to notice.

Remember the Castaneda Don Juan works? I still think about things like...

...instead of looking at the leaves, look at the spaces between the leaves and branches...we have discussed this in other threads about reading between...notes.

terri

SunChariot

Kiama said:
Just as Umbrae said, the world is an oracle... When I read Tarot I don't just read Tarot anymore. Every card has a link with something else, a vista of meaning and symbolism that can be found elsewhere. Here the Empress triggers something in my brain about a passage I read in a book some time; there the Empress' hands for a pattern that I can't help thinking is similar in shape to [insert symbol here]. But the best thing about reading Tarot like this is that when I look at a card I don't see every possibility - I know there are so many - but somehow, judging by the querent's responses so far, I see the right possibility. Now, that leaves room for something other than my own intuition and obssession with symbolism, no? (Yay for a Tarot version of the God of the Gaps theory!)

Kiama

Hey, that's how I read! Nice to see someone else who does the same. :grin:. The colours and shapes, textures....remind me of things in my experience, how I felt about them, what they meant symbolically, once I relate these back to the question they form the answer...

I tend to just go with the first thought that come into my head, or rather the first impulses, as this is not really about thinkingat all. Thinking tends to shut down the process. I think it is a way to access what is in your unconscious, which is beyond thought.

Babs

Babs