Reading for a Children's Party

Rev_Vesta

Congrats...... awesome.........

my 7 yr old loves DV Magical Mermaid and Dolphin cards and Magical Unicorn cards...........

My 4 yr old loves Wisdom of Avalon- the Animal cards within the deck......acutally both girls love anything with animals as well..........

love to hear how you get on...........

Vesta......

Umbrae

I know you said you're taking the Halloween Tarot.

I also suggest the Wonderland Tarot.

Mellaenn

Intersting you should mention the Wonderland, Umbrae. I was thinking about taking that, too, but I wasn't sure if little girls these days would be familiar with the "Alice In Wonderland" story. Still, now that I think about it, that wouldn't matter - I think they would still enjoy the images.

Not to mention how well it goes with the idea of a tea party! :grin:

franniee

I think there is a new movie coming out about Alice in wonderland.....not so childish too. Should be fun!

I would also let them see the card and ask them what they see.... it is interesting to see the cards thru a child's eyes. :heart:

Have fun M!!!

Mellaenn

Well, I read for the tea party last Saturday. Thanks to the great advice from this thread I was ready and I was actually really looking forward to it. But since they had so many other activities (Halloween hat decorating, cookie decorating, coloring spooky pictures, to name a few) I only read for two girls and one was really too young.

That said, I really enjoyed reading for the 8-year old. She wanted to know what she was going to be when she grew up and the cards really made sense for her to be in a helping/healing profession and she told me she wanted to be a nurse. She asked me if I was a magic lady, which caught me of guard. (But of course, I said yes!)

I did lots of reading for adults who were there, though, and passed out some cards. But it was fun; the kids were great

Thanks again for all of the great information that was shared here!