Reading for myself vs others

schwammyy

Does anyone else have a totally different experience reading for yourself versus reading for others? When I read for myself, I feel like it is never the same. Often I feel like I can't related to it. Or I overthink it to an extreme point. However, I can read for others and they will come to me again and again asking for readings and it all seems so accurate. Does anyone else have experiences like this?

seedcake

I see the point and I have similiar experience. When I read for myself, I'm writing down so many things, all the possible interpretations, re-interpretations of interpretations and so on. Yeah, there's a lot of stuff going on but I love it. To be honest, it's a very good sign when you read for yourself and so many ideas come to mind. Problematic is when you stick with one thing, mostly very negative. I had something like that when I've read for the first time for myself. Now, I'm open for any kind of informations which cards are giving me. Readings for yourself can be very complex 'cause sometimes we don't want to get to the point or in the same time, we want to grab more info than just finding out one simple sentence.

Reading for the others is different. Even when I'm making complex analysis, I feel the core and around it I can build more informations. You're reading for someone else and you open for this particular person. You can see such things in a different light than for yourself 'cause you work with a certain problem (unless you make a general reading). At the moment it's hard for me to write down what is the exact difference, you know, this core ;) Anyway, they're different kinds of exploration.

schwammyy

I see the point and I have similiar experience. When I read for myself, I'm writing down so many things, all the possible interpretations, re-interpretations of interpretations and so on. Yeah, there's a lot of stuff going on but I love it. To be honest, it's a very good sign when you read for yourself and so many ideas come to mind. Problematic is when you stick with one thing, mostly very negative. I had something like that when I've read for the first time for myself. Now, I'm open for any kind of informations which cards are giving me. Readings for yourself can be very complex 'cause sometimes we don't want to get to the point or in the same time, we want to grab more info than just finding out one simple sentence.

Reading for the others is different. Even when I'm making complex analysis, I feel the core and around it I can build more informations. You're reading for someone else and you open for this particular person. You can see such things in a different light than for yourself 'cause you work with a certain problem (unless you make a general reading). At the moment it's hard for me to write down what is the exact difference, you know, this core ;) Anyway, they're different kinds of exploration.

I agree that they are different kinds of exploration for sure. I really love reading for other people. It gives me a lot of joy. I do feel like I can be so open and detailed with them while so simple at the same time. It's very strange. I do tend to just do readings for myself when all other insight escapes me.

greatdane

I have no problem reading for myself, but then I mainly read tarot for me and only when I am looking for something fairly specific. For most others, I read Lenormand. For some reason, this works best for me. I also don't read for myself every day and I used to do spreads, but have for a few years now, done one question, one card. It's been really eerily on the money for me. If I need clarification or want to ask another question, I put the card I just drew BACK into the deck, shuffle a lot and cut. TWICE I got the exact same card rephrasing the same question in back to back drawings and it was THE card that best described the situation. But this is just me. This works for me. Like I said, I read Lenormand for others and that's what seems to work then.

seedcake

I agree that they are different kinds of exploration for sure. I really love reading for other people. It gives me a lot of joy. I do feel like I can be so open and detailed with them while so simple at the same time. It's very strange. I do tend to just do readings for myself when all other insight escapes me.

I read card for myself when I want to get an extra insight ;) I have good insight in general but cards can expand the vision. We're people, we like to feel comfy and nice so not always letting "ugly" thoughts to come. But anyway, did you try automatic writing while interpreting the spread for yourself? This can be awesome 'cause sometimes we stay with "obvious" interpretations so a kind of must is to let go this. Maybe cards are showing you some new point? I'd be curious and check this ;)

Scibility

This works well for me

Does anyone else have a totally different experience reading for yourself versus reading for others? When I read for myself, I feel like it is never the same. Often I feel like I can't related to it. Or I overthink it to an extreme point. However, I can read for others and they will come to me again and again asking for readings and it all seems so accurate. Does anyone else have experiences like this?

HI Schwammyy,
reading for yourself can be so tough especially if you're emotionally invested in the outcome. For me, when I am anxious about whatever I am asking about, I've noticed over the years that the cards will start to show up all in the reverse position... When this happens, (to make sure I am not projecting wishful or anxious thoughts onto the interpretations), I use a digital app as a sort of checks and balances way of obtaining an unbiased self-reading. ex. if wishful thinking tells me something is going to be a new start, and the digital app tells me I need to start over on something :) Same card, but different angles :) Hope that helps. Try it and see if it is helpful to you. Best of luck.

danieljuk

I am an Empath and my readings turn to really have a lot of feeling and people's emotions in them. I do do my own readings for myself and they do seem to be true but I find it really hard to be impartial! But for other people, I just write what comes, most of the time I don't know any details at all! I do struggle to be impartial! It's so easy to just pick all the good things ;)

nisaba

Does anyone else have a totally different experience reading for yourself versus reading for others?

That's fairly normal. When I read for others, the cards describe their life to me. I already know my life, so when I read for myself I just get random pictures on the table in front of me.

I rarely need readings. When I was doing a lot of dream interpretation for others, I rarely dreamt. When I do a lot of Tarot, I rarely need Tarot readings. And I get more than I need, because in addition to my regular Tarot practice, I take part in a number of the monthly circles in the readings exchange area. If you want to read, and you want readings, but you can't read well for yourself, I HIGHLY recommend the exchange circles.

Grizabella

The closest I come to reading for myself is my habit of shuffling and laying out seven cards just to be doing it during my time with the cards. They really aren't readings for myself or anyone else but at times one or two cards will keep repeating and I do notice that.

As for reading in general, I don't try for accuracy. I just want to be of help to the sitter in answering their questions the best I can. I actually say a prayer that I be able to see and convey the answers they're meant to have from the cards.

Pandora180

When I read for others and pull the cards, I get immediate impressions on what they mean. I can piece together the puzzle a lot more intuitively than I can when I draw cards for myself. When reading for myself, I really have to look at all aspects of the cards and how they relate to get a somewhat clear picture.