Reading for others because you are curious

Keirquen

Please speak for yourself. "Probably" doesn't quite make it OK - LOTS of people here do not do these third party readings, on the grounds of snooping. Are you OK with people reading about you without your knowledge or consent ?

Honestly - there are a lot of people here who will never have done this. Including nisaba.

Unless she did when she was a raw innocent.

Ah, you see, when I say "This is something probably everyone tries at some point..." I mean "raw innocent". Your way of saying it is much cooler. I got my cards at 18 or 19, and promptly blundered about reading for anything and everything that I could, unfettered by any notion of 'card-reading ethics' ... At least until it was impressed on me that the 10 of Swords certainly did not mean 'chemistry'. At that point, Tarot and I had a brief separation.

And when I returned, I wasn't quite so immature. As for people reading about me... well, can't stop them, can I? I'll simply have to trust that the Universe gives whatever information about me is needed, and doesn't scare anyone with the size of my action figure collection. ;)

JCSeawright

i dont know if this counts sometimes i read for my husband when i want to know what his motivations are for example his wanting to join the military i didnt know if he was doing out of feeling he HAD to or because he wanted to... but my moral compass made me ask him first and i did the reading with him after he told me his answer.

that being said i dont think it would be any different than reading for someone who asks for example what does r think of me in terms of a relationship i dont think its snooping persay to wonder something and ask your cards about it i wouldnt look at it as an invasion of privacy if someone did that with me in mind.

Lulzaroonie

I actually did a private reading for a friend of mine last night. I was concerned for her and her family because she is having difficulties with the father of her 3 children. I don't know if I was surprised when Death came in my "Long term future" end of the spread, I think I expected it really.
I think there should be a clear distinction between being concerned and being nosey lol

AJ

do you mean reading 'about' other, rather than 'for others about someone else'?

nisaba

Exactly - you've said it yourself ! Honestly - there are a lot of people here who will never have done this. Including nisaba.

Unless she did when she was a raw innocent.
I was never that innocent! From my early childhood until I moved out of home, I had *no* personal privacy, so privacy became precious to me. And if my own is precious and needs to be respected by others, I need to respect theirs. All my life, I've been up-front about asking direct (sometimes offensive) questions to people's faces, but the obverse of that is that I never, NEVER snoop. By Tarot or other means. It's horrible.

Nobody here do a reading on me, unless it's in an exchange or with my explicit permission. I hereby withdraw all "implied" permissions.

And I'll respect you all enough to do the same for you.

KMilliron

I was never that innocent! From my early childhood until I moved out of home, I had *no* personal privacy, so privacy became precious to me. And if my own is precious and needs to be respected by others, I need to respect theirs. All my life, I've been up-front about asking direct (sometimes offensive) questions to people's faces, but the obverse of that is that I never, NEVER snoop. By Tarot or other means. It's horrible.

Nobody here do a reading on me, unless it's in an exchange or with my explicit permission. I hereby withdraw all "implied" permissions.

And I'll respect you all enough to do the same for you.

Don't think I've ever considered reading on you, Nisaba, but I'll be sure to remember this if the urge strikes me ;D

As I've said, I only "snoop" if I believe someone could be in danger, but I think a lot of this has to do with my upbringing as well. I was an abused child so I just tend to keep to myself.