Reading for your pets - communication

dinah1

Has anyone tried reading for pets, a great form of communication?

I have read the WiseCards for Gordon the Greyhound before - and a couple of people that have come for personal readings on separate occasions have brought their dogs with them (G being very social, and likes visitors as long as they are friendly). Both of these dogs demanded readings by sitting next to me (not their owners) at the table and looking so interested that I pulled cards for them after the official reading.

Their owners were amazed at the info given on these cards (one dog was very unhappy with arguments in their household) and once the reading was done, on both occasions the dogs immediately left the table and went to lie down all happy and relaxed - they'd got their message across.

I just got reminded tonight when Gordon knocked 2 cards out of my hand - Direction followed by Partnership.

for him Direction = bed - as he's very antsy tonight, overtired obviously, it's been a hot day and dare I say it he sleeps on my bed...
Partnership = he will never go to bed without me... and now he's lying here, giving me the look and waiting for me to go to bed so we can all get some kip! He didn't really need to use the cards for this message but it's interesting that he chose to - I guess he's shouting at me! He's not a pushy dog, that was purposeful card picking.

Love to hear who's already doing this or from people who try for the first time...

oops somehow I've got this in the wrong forum - help! Gordon must have nudged me...

Cenz

How Gordon pick a card?If i try to do a reading for my dog he'll rip the cards into two, for sure!

celticnoodle

yes dinah1, I have actually read for pets. the first time I did this, it was purely a joke, but it was funny how accurate the reading became.

I was at a family members home, did a few tarot readings for family & friends, and then we decided to watch a movie. My cards were still on the table and the family members dog came up to me and nosed me, as if to say, "Well, what about me? I want a turn too!". So, a few of us laughed, and I picked up the cards, shuffled them and began to lay some out to read for the dog. Well, the whole time the dog seemed quite pleased that I was reading for her, and I only turned over a few--but read them as I would for a human client. The reading was voiced out loud, and all heard it, and lo and behold didn't I do an accurate reading and predict something to come for the dog!

the dog was thrilled with the attn and even kissed me afterwards as if to thank me. :laugh:

I've done a few others as well since then---but for the most part, my clients are two legged humans only.

Alta

It has been a while but we have had at least two members here who specialized in readings for animals, or, for the owners of the animals. Worked pretty well as I recall. I think it is feasible.

Apollonia

Yes, I do this quite often, and it works very well. I have one client I see at her home. I have read for her dogs and for her, and last time when I was there just to read for her, one of her dogs kept jumping into my lap, nosing my arm, and generally being a nuisance. I suggested that maybe he wanted me to throw a few cards for him, and after I did, he settled right down and went to sleep.

Also, a couple of times when I've been out walking and dog owner comes up and asks me if I've seen their lost pet, I will go home and see if I can communicate with the dog and let it know to stay around its yard so the owner can find it. I know that it worked in one instance for sure, because I saw the dog walking with its owner the next day.

If it's in your repertoire to use the cards to speak with the deceased, It also works for animals that have crossed over...

Splungeman

I did a reading for my cat once. She observed very unenthusiastically during the first half of the process and ended up just licking her butt and ignoring my existence for the rest of it.

My dog just tried to eat the Knight of Wands.

Yeah...my pets aren't Tarot pets obviously. They just want food and petting.

reine de saba

I like to go out to the park and read my cards there, as I'm beginning to get spontaneous requests for readings, my first face to face's with strangers! I find however that for some reason, while I'm peacefully looking over the spread in front of me, dogs are absolutely drawn to come bounding over.

I've never had that effect on our canine friends before.Are they attracted to some kind of vibration?

Just yesterday afternoon I was reading for a couple when not once but twice the same cocker came sliding into the spread like a home run.

Was she saying "me too!" ?

And in an ideal world if someone wanted to play at that, how would you have the dog choose cards?

(I read that grey hound thread: it was fantastic, I was almost misty in the eye afterward)

Saba

Bloudwedd

Heh! My cat is usally very obnoxious when it comes to me trying to read the cards from others. Jumps up on the table and walking all over the cards! Can it be more obvious than that? But I have yet to do a reading for him . Maybe I should so we get some peace and quiet around!

celticnoodle

when reading for animals, just pull the cards out for them, like you would do if you were reading via the phone or computer for a client or here on AT. It still works! :)

dinah1

reine de saba said:
Are they attracted to some kind of vibration?

Just yesterday afternoon I was reading for a couple when not once but twice the same cocker came sliding into the spread like a home run.

Was she saying "me too!" ?

And in an ideal world if someone wanted to play at that, how would you have the dog choose cards?

Saba

Sounds like the cocker definitely wants a reading...I'm convinced it is the vibration they are attracted to, animals are extremely psychic and sensitive to energies. But as celticnoodle says you can pull the cards for them.

Gordon chooses cards by nuzzling them, or if he's lying down (preferred position) he'll rest his chin on one if they are spread out in front of him. He usually picks 2 or 3 cards this way.

Thanks for the replies especially Apollonia about lost pets. Bloudwedd I think your cat does want a reading and I bet he wants to pick his own cards!

I'm going to try on a friend's horses soon...anyone else tried reading for horses? I bet someone has!